Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Lok

Default Re: What do we need to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEOS
Don't forget we've already spent half our transfer budget on Smalling
Our transfer budget is roughly -£60m. With £10m spent already, it looks like it will be both Rooney and Vidic that leave this summer.

Unread 08-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
Carrick - been a good signing but with Gibson almost at his level, we should cash in. (£8m)
wtf?

Unread 08-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's amazing we're still in with a shout for the title. Most other years someone would have walked it by now, the Chelsea of a few years ago would have. We'd be no where near it.
Have a look at how many of our clubs were in the quarters and now the semis of the champions league. That should be an indicator as to the quality of the top english teams at the moment.

Not very good.

Unread 08-04-2010, 02:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
That's the price being thrown around for Vidic, I don't know how much the others are available, I am not ITK like you. How much do you think them 4 players in question would be valued at?

Too many average players at United, that's why I have so many ins and out. Most likely won't happen that way but the OP asked what was needed and that was is what I think.
Well, it'd probably take about £25m to shift Rodwell for a kick off. Di Maria closer to £30m, Dzeko, maybe £20m.

There aren't many players worth buying out there, but there are lots of clubs willing to buy, some of whom have stupid money to burn.

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Well, it'd probably take about £25m to shift Rodwell for a kick off. Di Maria closer to £30m, Dzeko, maybe £20m.

There aren't many players worth buying out there, but there are lots of clubs willing to buy, some of whom have stupid money to burn.
Dzeko would be the perfect strike partner to Rooney, whatever it takes we need him. Everyone saying all the top teams play 4-5-1, erm, they don't, only Barca and Arsenal do. And Barca's don't really have a formation as such.

Inter, Real, Chelsea, Bayern, Lyon, Bordeux all play 4-4-2 nearly every game.

Dzeko and Hamsik are musts, Rodwell and a keeper can wait another season. Di Maria would be price dependent.

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Lok

Quote:
Dzeko would be the perfect strike partner to Rooney, whatever it takes we need him. Everyone saying all the top teams play 4-5-1, erm, they don't, only Barca and Arsenal do. And Barca's don't really have a formation as such.

Dzeko and Hamsik are musts, Rodwell and a keeper can wait another season. Di Maria would be price dependent.
I take it you don't watch them often. They very rarely play 4-4-2. Chelsea use it half the time but look a much stronger team when they're 4-5-1/4-3-3.

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:08 PM
dunk

Dzeko is exactly what we don't need imo.

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Tronics

1) a proper no.10

2) a proper DM

3) real options on the wings

4) a centre forward

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I take it you don't watch them often. They very rarely play 4-4-2. Chelsea use it half the time but look a much stronger team when they're 4-5-1/4-3-3.
I watch them alot.

Inter play

Motta
Cambiaso Stankovic
Snieder
Milito Eto'o

It is only recently they have been playing Pandev for Stankovic. 90% of their games this season.

Real play

Diarra Alonso
Kaka Granero/VDV/Drenthe

Ronaldo Higuain

Bayen ALWAYS play 4-4-2. They play Robben and Ribery as attacking wingers with two holding midfielders. More of a 4-2-4.

Lyon, I haven't seen them much but on the occasions I have they play 4-4-2.

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Dzeko is exactly what we don't need imo.
In what way? What you we need in your opinion?

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:21 PM
dunk

Quote:
In what way? What you we need in your opinion?
Pace and mobility for 2, he has neither from what I've seen.

Good finisher, bit of a lump though.

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Redordead

Surely what we need is a striker as near to Tevez as possible? It worked before so find a similar style and bingo

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:27 PM
borsuk

Thumbs down Re: What do we need to do?

Quote:

90% of top clubs play 1 up front with wide support in any kind of big game, and most in all games. sometimes there is a more attacking m/fder supporting (gorcouff, messi), sometimes less (gerrard).

chelsea play 1 up front (anelka wide most of the time)
real play 1 up front (hence benzema and raul on the bench)
barca play 1 up front (zlatan, messi plays right)
united play 1 up
arsenal play 1 up
liverpool (i know) play 1 up
bordeaux play 1 up (gorcouff plays behind the striker, not as a striker)
inter play 1 up with sneijder behind
milan play 1 up
bayern play 1 up
lyon play 1 up (usually lopez)

etc.

and barca don't have a formation £#%&!ing hell

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Appletango

Quote:
Pace and mobility for 2, he has neither from what I've seen.

Good finisher, bit of a lump though.
He creates alot of goals too, good finisher, good in the air, good movement in and around the penalty area, isn't the quickest granted. I'm assuming you think a young quick striker would be better, not saying your wrong, just don't really see any out there.

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:33 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
1) a proper no.10

2) a proper DM

3) real options on the wings

4) a centre forward
We have one of these mate

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
90% of top clubs play 1 up front with wide support in any kind of big game, and most in all games. sometimes there is a more attacking m/fder supporting (gorcouff, messi), sometimes less (gerrard).

united play 1 up
arsenal play 1 up
milan play 1 up
bayern play 1 up

etc.

Pretty much all the big clubs play 4-5-1/4-3-3. Only a fool would argue otherwise.

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I watch them alot.

Inter play

Motta
Cambiaso Stankovic
Snieder
Milito Eto'o

It is only recently they have been playing Pandev for Stankovic. 90% of their games this season.
I think it's more of a 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-1-3 these days, since Pandev's arrival. A double-pivot of Cambiasso and one other depending on the opposition (Chelsea it was Motta; in Moscow it was Stankovic) and Sneijder as the playmaker; Pandev and Eto'o pulling wide and Milito through the middle. As usual with Mourinho's teams, most of the attacking is left to the front four players, while the two holding midfielders guard against the break.

Against Barca, I suspect it'll be:

.....motta...cambiasso....
.........sneijder...............
pandev..................eto'o
...........milito................

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Appletango

Quote:

united play 1 up
arsenal play 1 up
milan play 1 up
bayern play 1 up

etc.

You really don't watch much football do you?

Chelsea play with two up with Anelka reverting to the right hand side when needed. Same as Rooney used to for us.

Real play with two up, Ronaldo plays up front for them with Higuain every game. Benzema and Raul are on the bench because them two are first choice.

Barca play one up 'on paper' however Messi is generally given a free role, but appears mostly from the right hand side. I did however say they play one up.

United do.

Arsenal do.

Liverpool, Gerrard plays up front for them.

Bordeaux, So your saying they play 4-4-1-1, may be right, Gourcouff has basically a free role, so goes where he wants, definetely more of a striker than a midfielder though.

Inter - 100% certain they play 4-4-2. Diamond midfield.

Milan - You can't call that 4-5-1, Ronaldo and Pato never get back, that's 4-3-3 and never turns into a 4-5-1.

Bayern - Every game play 4-4-2, Olic and one other from Klose, Muller and Gomez.

Lyon - As said don't watch them much, but when I have its been 4-4-2.

When I say Barca don't have a 'formation' - It means they're interchangeable, players appear all over the show. Your telling me Dani Alves sticks to playing right back! He was closing someone down from the left wing position on Tuesday.

Hth.

Unread 08-04-2010, 03:54 PM
borsuk

Quote:
You really don't watch much football do you?

Chelsea play with two up with Anelka reverting to the right hand side when needed. Same as Rooney used to for us.

Real play with two up, Ronaldo plays up front for them with Higuain every game. Benzema and Raul are on the bench because them two are first choice.

Barca play one up 'on paper' however Messi is generally given a free role, but appears mostly from the right hand side. I did however say they play one up.

United do.

Arsenal do.

Liverpool, Gerrard plays up front for them.

Bordeaux, So your saying they play 4-4-1-1, may be right, Gourcouff has basically a free role, so goes where he wants, definetely more of a striker than a midfielder though.

Inter - 100% certain they play 4-4-2. Diamond midfield.

Milan - You can't call that 4-5-1, Ronaldo and Pato never get back, that's 4-3-3 and never turns into a 4-5-1.

Bayern - Every game play 4-4-2, Olic and one other from Klose, Muller and Gomez.

Lyon - As said don't watch them much, but when I have its been 4-4-2.

When I say Barca don't have a 'formation' - It means they're interchangeable, players appear all over the show. Your telling me Dani Alves sticks to playing right back! He was closing someone down from the left wing position on Tuesday.

Hth.
that's one of the worst posts i've ever seen on here

ronaldinho, i presume you mean, plays wide left, not as a striker.
bayern play 2 up every game? what were you doing yesterday? or a week ago? no gomes, no klose and muller is a midfielder.
lyon had one up last night, as they tend to do.
gorcouff is not a striker.
as s/side said, eto'o plays wide for inter, they have 1 up.
gerrard gets forward a lot but he's no striker ffs.
ronaldo plays wide, not through the middle, for real.

all of the teams can play 2 up and often adapt their formation to do so, as united did against chelsea. but 1 up and 2 wide is the dominant setup for all those teams.

barca no formation rofl

Unread 08-04-2010, 04:06 PM
Appletango

Quote:
that's one of the worst posts i've ever seen on here

ronaldinho, i presume you mean, plays wide left, not as a striker.
bayern play 2 up every game? what were you doing yesterday? or a week ago? no gomes, no klose and muller is a midfielder.
lyon had one up last night, as they tend to do.
gorcouff is not a striker.
as s/side said, eto'o plays wide for inter, they have 1 up.
gerrard gets forward a lot but he's no striker ffs.
ronaldo plays wide, not through the middle, for real.

all of the teams can play 2 up and often adapt their formation to do so, as united did against chelsea. but 1 up and 2 wide is the dominant setup for all those teams.

barca no formation rofl
Ronaldinho at Pato play as strikers, you can only call it a 4-5-1 if the widemen don't get back ala Valencia/Nani etc.

I was watching Bayern play up front with Olic and Muller in both games, what were you doing?

As previously said three times now, don't watch Lyon much but it wouldn't surprise me if they had one up yesterday, defending a 3-1 lead.

Gourcouff is more of a striker than a midfielder, plays in a Zola/Bergkamp/Cantona role or are they not strikers anymore?

Inter play that way away in the champions league, In the games Inter play Pandev, Milito and Eto'o, that again is hardly a 4-5-1, however it is rare for them to play all 3, do you not remember the £#%&!athan because Mourinho was playing all three v Chelsea? If there isn't a problem with Motta, Stankovic or Cambiasso they all play.

Gerrard, again plays in the 'hole' ala Bergkamp etc, are they not classed as strikers?

Ok then, We shall see where Ronaldo plays v Barca on Saturday or any other Madrid game this season.
Closed Thread