United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2017, 11:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
The pace and movement of the forward line will cause problems for anyone.
Can't double up on anyone without creating space elsewhere. Think Ronnie, Louis and Wayne. MMONKEY
What's your forward line, pal?

Martial and Lukaku already feels an interesting duo. Need that craft of Mkhi and Mata though.

Unread 10-07-2017, 11:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
That 2006/7 first half of the season was just brilliant beginning with 4-0 ahead in 20 minutes against Fulham
Lot of doom about before that season kicked off too

Unread 10-07-2017, 11:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Martial and Lukaku already feels an interesting duo. Need that craft of Mkhi and Mata though.
Martial is available for £30m with Roma sniffing according to reports..

Unread 10-07-2017, 11:24 PM
Crumps

Quote:

Rashford, Lukaku and Miki I was thinking, maybe even Martial, Lukaku and Rashford, I don't have any problems with Rashford playing on the right. Then Perisic maybe and Mata to the mix. Some real options there and I think most importantly the space freed up will help Pogba in terms of goal scoring. Exciting times ahead methinks. Lots of horses for different courses nqat.

Unread 10-07-2017, 11:25 PM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You're for sale for £30m, allegedly, pal
Martial will be a star somewhere whether for us or someone else.

He's my favourite player thus the name but the club comes ahead of your favourite player.

I don't think we would sell for 30 million as that would be lunacy and I'm confident he will get this season but he absolutely has to take it.

He needs more arrogance and aggression there is no doubt but the ability is superb, on arrival easily the most talented teenager player we had seen at United for over a decade.

Quote:
that money.

Everton just bought a goalkeeper for that amount.

Unread 10-07-2017, 11:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Would be a shame

Quote:
Rashford, Lukaku and Miki I was thinking, maybe even Martial, Lukaku and Rashford, I don't have any problems with Rashford playing on the right. Then Perisic maybe and Mata to the mix. Some real options there and I think most importantly the space freed up will help Pogba in terms of goal scoring. Exciting times ahead methinks. Lots of horses for different courses nqat.
Need more goals from those wider attackers, however well Lukaku does.

Going to be very interesting. Very different point of attack to Zlat last year.

Unread 10-07-2017, 11:32 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
21 times
stop it you tease

Unread 10-07-2017, 11:34 PM
ScarFace

Unread 10-07-2017, 11:38 PM
Neo

Rashford is the first name on the sheet in any potential forward line.

For me, the most exciting attack, with goals from everywhere is:

Martial -- Lukaku -- Rashford

Fabinho, Herrera and Pogba behind them, with Shaw and Valencia marauding the flanks.

Unread 10-07-2017, 11:39 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
If we were to get 'two more marquee names' there would be piss boiling all over the country.

Unread 10-07-2017, 11:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Fabinho, Herrera and Pogba behind them, with Shaw and Valencia marauding the flanks.
Neither Martial or Rashford can play well enough from the right

Unread 11-07-2017, 12:00 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
clear span and chinese hat. is it for a crossword?

Unread 11-07-2017, 12:08 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Agreed, but I personally prefer both of them to the slug-paced Mata, and if we're honest, Mkhitaryan has been very hit and miss in the league.

In an ideal world, the spot would be filled with Gareth Bale, GB7. Never happening, though.

Unread 11-07-2017, 12:23 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Plenty of chopping and changing too so to keep em guessing. A fluid unit as opposed to set and rigid positions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Rashford has played plenty of football on the right when younger, get him training to play on that side a bit more and he will be fine I reckon. Training with that in mind as opposed to him filling in from the bench too will be a different kettle of fish. It's not like the forwards play as orthodox wingers now anyway even under Mourinho.

Unread 11-07-2017, 01:01 AM
S/Side.Red

It's not ideal for Rashford, especially as Mourinho will expect plenty of defensive industry. Pre-season will be interesting; might find Lukaku and Rashford as a pairing and a more narrow midfield similar to what Mou ended up doing at Inter.

Unread 11-07-2017, 01:23 AM
Cream

Quote:
Was saving this for the inevitable but while you're here.

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=265

Unread 11-07-2017, 01:26 AM
Baron

Quote:
It's not ideal for Rashford, especially as Mourinho will expect plenty of defensive industry. Pre-season will be interesting; might find Lukaku and Rashford as a pairing and a more narrow midfield similar to what Mou ended up doing at Inter.
You wouldn't need quite so much defensive industry if we have a midfield that can dictate a game. Either Fabinho or Bakayoko alongside Herrera & Pogba is as complete a midfield as I could wish for in modern PL football.

All about that versatility to carousel your way around the middle of the park, comfortably rotating from the edge of either box. Maintaining a shape, blistering counter attacks if they're foolish enough to take us on & bullied in the air if they camp in. Looks a squad with great versatility as it stands, hoping we really step on the gas & secure two more class players.

Season 2 is the good bit of the ride.... let's have fun before it goes nuclear

Unread 11-07-2017, 01:44 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Aye, especially if we're buying a proper destroyer who can cut in and cover the fullbacks. Tony has no problem smashing the right and makes sense why he has persisted with Shaw and spent so much effort trying to get the best out of him as he's got the potetntial to be one of the very best.

Unread 11-07-2017, 02:10 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Aye, especially if we're buying a proper destroyer who can cut in and cover the fullbacks. Tony has no problem smashing the right and makes sense why he has persisted with Shaw and spent so much effort trying to get the best out of him as he's got the potetntial to be one of the very best.
Then surely he should persist with martial for another season or two also. Would be mental to write him off and sell him now.

Unread 11-07-2017, 03:17 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Then surely he should persist with martial for another season or two also. Would be mental to write him off and sell him now.
Definitely. Horrible season for him last year, change in management and style, second season syndrome and shit in his personal life. People seem to forget he's not that much older than Rashford either and he's playing for the most scrutinised team in the world at a time the club is in transition. Not like he's got his family, friends and support system young local lads have over here with him too. At the very worst I'd loan him out for a season.
Closed Thread