United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-05-2016, 05:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the problem is not having defenders play in defence. it would help to have an experienced and vocal cb, but it would really help to have experienced fullbacks and cbs. by which I mean experienced at fullback and cb.
I agree with that. Funny enough Darmian, for all his faults, would have helped on the set pieces. At least he knows how to mark.

Don't like to keep coming back to Smalling, but if you're going to be that woeful on the ball I'd expect you to be better at leading the line.

Blind has been very good this season, but he'll always have a few rough games like last night. He's still worth his place.

Unread 11-05-2016, 05:55 PM
forzagarza

I think a lot of it is to do with how the Netherlands is very flat like a football pitch. Doesn't really make sense buying a player from the Lake District and history has proven that up there isn't a great incubator for footballers

Unread 11-05-2016, 07:22 PM
red in cumbria

Is this the same Dutch national team that is "so bad" that - under LvG's mangement - they were bronze medallists at the last WC?

(and, of course, silver medallists four years earlier)

Unread 11-05-2016, 07:25 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Is this the same Dutch national team that is "so bad" that - under LvG's mangement - they were bronze medallists at the last WC?

(and, of course, silver medallists four years earlier)
Magic of the cup, and all that ? Rojo had a blinder in the semi, as I recall, kept the real player of the tournament, Robben, quiet all night. Must've been something to do with the climate and local drugs.

Unread 11-05-2016, 08:14 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
Magic of the cup, and all that ? Rojo had a blinder in the semi, as I recall, kept the real player of the tournament, Robben, quiet all night. Must've been something to do with the climate and local drugs.
and possibly an ashtray

Unread 11-05-2016, 09:10 PM
smith90

LVG is never great. Keeps on making bad decisions everywhere. No surprise at this one.

Unread 11-05-2016, 10:22 PM
Rashnaldo

Wijnaldum who was arguably better than Memphis is now a Championship player...
Closed Thread