United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-04-2016, 09:45 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Media seem to be in their hate mode with young talent when it comes to Stones. But at 21 he's a dead cert for a big move. Distribution is top class and he'll improve as a defender. Don't understand the MotD type sages saying he shouldn't be making mistakes
Yes he's fast, physically strong, and an excellent passer as you say. Him, Sanchez and an experienced striker could go a long way to making a good team. Right-back is the other concern.

Mind you, it could easily be argued that we need two centre-backs. Jones is a crock, and Rojo not good enough for Manchester United.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Injury-prone could be a problem, admittedly.

I don't think the other two are very important.
I think adapting to the league could be an issue and might be a reason for him staying in Germany and putting up with the abuse he will get.

People slag off the Premier League, but it's of a higher quality than the Bundesliga, and the faster pace of the league would be a shock to his system - hell it could make him even more injury-prone.

Unread 29-04-2016, 01:37 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
People slag off the Premier League, but it's of a higher quality than the Bundesliga, and the faster pace of the league would be a shock to his system - hell it could make him even more injury-prone.
I really think that's an exaggeration. He might take some time to adjust, sure. But he's won a World Cup. He's played in a Champions League Final. I think he can handle the Premier League. Again, Robert Huth and Wes Morgan. It's not that special.

Unread 29-04-2016, 01:43 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I really think that's an exaggeration. He might take some time to adjust, sure. But he's won a World Cup. He's played in a Champions League Final. I think he can handle the Premier League. Again, Robert Huth and Wes Morgan. It's not that special.
In fairness they don't leave their penalty area.

Preferred my Daley Blind example tbh

Unread 29-04-2016, 01:48 AM
Grimson

Quote:
In fairness they don't leave their penalty area.

Preferred my Daley Blind example tbh
Sure, yours is a much better like-for-like comparison. Point being tho, flat-out speed has never been terribly important for centre backs. Rio in his prime was quick, but would still get left for dead if mistakes by others left him isolated with a striker in space - think Torres or Bellamy. Strikers are just faster players generally.

Unread 29-04-2016, 01:57 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sure, yours is a much better like-for-like comparison. Point being tho, flat-out speed has never been terribly important for centre backs. Rio in his prime was quick, but would still get left for dead if mistakes by others left him isolated with a striker in space - think Torres or Bellamy. Strikers are just faster players generally.
Indeed. I mentioned Blind because he also plays in a high line. Short and slow defender playing with plenty of space in behind him.

Remember plenty feeling Welbeck, Sanchez and Walcott would cause him problems at Old Trafford. He was supreme.

Unread 10-05-2016, 12:09 PM
saffers

http://www.bvb.de/News/Uebersicht/Hu...mund-im-Sommer

Big club gonna big club

Unread 10-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Jethro

Woodward

Unread 10-05-2016, 12:15 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
They're his hometown club, he specifically asked to go there, how is this about United being small time?

Unread 10-05-2016, 12:16 PM
waynes ear's

posted it two pages back but yeah, cool story bro

Unread 10-05-2016, 12:20 PM
Sparky***

Getting knocked out of the Chmpions league obviously stung.

Unread 10-05-2016, 12:23 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
They're his hometown club, he specifically asked to go there, how is this about United being small time?
Didnt even mention united, whyd you think this was about united? perhaps it already is in our head that we are the opposite of bayern?

Unread 10-05-2016, 12:27 PM
Vedder

Meh. Not arsed in the slightest tbh.

Unread 10-05-2016, 01:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Ahead of playing Dortmund in the cup final. Classy stuff. Hope the Dortmund fans kill him tbf.

Unread 10-05-2016, 01:20 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Ahead of playing Dortmund in the cup final. Classy stuff. Hope the Dortmund fans kill him tbf.
Cup final schmup final, Götze did it before the European cup final.

The gerbil faced £#%&!er.

Unread 10-05-2016, 01:31 PM
utd99

Quote:
Media seem to be in their hate mode with young talent when it comes to Stones. But at 21 he's a dead cert for a big move. Distribution is top class and he'll improve as a defender. Don't understand the MotD type sages saying he shouldn't be making mistakes
I don't see it either tbh. I've tried, but somethings not jibing. At the money they're talking I've seen much better young defenders.
Closed Thread