Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-04-2016, 05:45 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off

Unread 28-04-2016, 05:52 PM
waynes ear's

Dont pay much attention to Bayern. Shit league and £#%&!ing boring. Question though, who will he replace there?

Unread 28-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Stickman

Didn't he publicly criticise Goetze for making that move?

Unread 28-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Tiberian

I hate Bayern.

Dortmund showing signs of building a strong team, can not be having that, back in your box. What does it say about that league when the Club Captain of their main rivals pulls this shit?

Imagine if Utd had been able to pick Henry and Vieria from Arsenal at their peak or Gerrard and Owen, Lampard and Terry. We b***h about the quality of the PL but at least it is competitive.

Unread 28-04-2016, 07:26 PM
TheFatGoth

Mats SCUMmels, amirite?

Unread 28-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

"the news will come as a blow to manchester united"

they just stitch that shit onto every big transfer story now don't they

Unread 28-04-2016, 07:40 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I hate Bayern.

Dortmund showing signs of building a strong team, can not be having that, back in your box. What does it say about that league when the Club Captain of their main rivals pulls this shit?

Imagine if Utd had been able to pick Henry and Vieria from Arsenal at their peak or Gerrard and Owen, Lampard and Terry. We b***h about the quality of the PL but at least it is competitive.
Ferie did try to sign Vieira and also Petit tbf. Wasn't Vieira close?

Anyway dortmund deserve this for their surrender at anfield...

Unread 28-04-2016, 07:43 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I hate Bayern.

Wonder if Bayern realise they're actually shooting themselves in the foot long term pulling dick moves like this

You actually need some competition to stay sharp so when it comes to the big matches in Europe you are ready
No way Ronaldo would have reached the level he has without the competition that Messi provides

Also how are Bayern expected to build their "brand" when no @#%&! wants to watch them play domestic matches

Unread 28-04-2016, 07:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Ferie did try to sign Vieira and also Petit tbf. Wasn't Vieira close?

Anyway dortmund deserve this for their surrender at anfield...
Hummels was the architect of that, the flat footed £#%&!er.

Unread 28-04-2016, 07:44 PM
saffers

Hummels is a bayern youth product btw

Unread 28-04-2016, 07:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Wonder if Bayern realise they're actually shooting themselves in the foot long term pulling dick moves like this

You actually need some competition to stay sharp so when it comes to the big matches in Europe you are ready
No way Ronaldo would have reached the level he has without the competition that Messi provides

Also how are Bayern expected to build their "brand" when no @#%&! wants to watch them play domestic matches
You say that, but I'd argue Bayern have become an even bigger club over the last five years since reaching unprecedented dominance.

Part of that is the change in football philosophy to be fair, given their stylistic reputation was not a loved one until a certain change was made in 2009 But which is more glamourous: the modern Bayern or the one that had Carsten Janker up front but won fewer titles?

Unread 28-04-2016, 07:53 PM
ZiggyStardust

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You say that, but I'd argue Bayern have become an even bigger club over the last five years since reaching unprecedented dominance.

Part of that is the change in football philosophy to be fair, given their stylistic reputation was not a loved one until a certain change was made in 2009 But which is more glamourous: the modern Bayern or the one that had Carsten Janker up front but won fewer titles?

Sexy Mother£#%&!er

Unread 28-04-2016, 07:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Hummels is a bayern youth product btw
He's a good example of how easily a young talent doesn't get their chance. Under LvG he'd never have left Bayern.

Quote:

Sexy Mother£#%&!er

He was £#%&!ing useless wasn't he?

Thank £#%&! tbf.

Unread 28-04-2016, 07:56 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Sexy Mother£#%&!er
Prefer to remember him like this

Unread 28-04-2016, 07:57 PM
red in cumbria

So, you mean he *isn't* going to ciddy?? Can't express how genuinely and utterly shocked I am at that

Unread 28-04-2016, 08:02 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He's a good example of how easily a young talent doesn't get their chance.
So are these two lads!!

Unread 28-04-2016, 08:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
So are these two lads!!

The corner competition Belgians? Don't take the piss, pal.

Disappointed at lack of Pereira, tbf. But if his attitude ain't right it ain't right.

Unread 28-04-2016, 08:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
I'd be happy with Stones - even if he has been gash at times this season and needs working on his game.
Media seem to be in their hate mode with young talent when it comes to Stones. But at 21 he's a dead cert for a big move. Distribution is top class and he'll improve as a defender. Don't understand the MotD type sages saying he shouldn't be making mistakes

Unread 28-04-2016, 09:28 PM
Iron Fist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Why do you think this? Because everyone says he's slow? Is Robert Huth fast? Wes Morgan? Most centre halves, for that matter?

Mertesacker gets beat for pace, but it's because he mis-times steps ALL THE TIME - so often that I've used him in videos for my teams more than any other single player in the world.

Hummels would be just fine in the Premier League. Centre halves don't need much pace if they take good starting positions and their goalkeeper can sweep up behind them.

Slow, injury-prone and would be new to the Premier League at age 28.

I dont think any of those other guys fall into that category.

Unread 28-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Fist
Slow, injury-prone and would be new to the Premier League at age 28.

I dont think any of those other guys fall into that category.
Injury-prone could be a problem, admittedly.

I don't think the other two are very important.
Closed Thread