United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Potential new Blackburn manager Henning Berg has thrown his support behind a Norwegian FA idea to allow youth teams to bring on a 12th player if they fall 4-0 behind in a match.

Berg - who has been installed as the favourite for the vacant managerial post at Ewood Park - supports the proposal that is designed to even out one-sided matches by giving the losing team an extra man.

'It’s a good rule that will lead to more even matches,' said Berg, a former Blackburn and Manchester United defender who was capped 100 times by Norway.

'It’s no fun to lose 17-0. It’s no fun to win 17-0 either.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz2Ao3NqeZa

Sounds like a decent idea but arent they scrapping 11 aside over here shortly for under 16s?

Unread 19-11-2012, 03:44 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

What a shit weekend of football.

My team lost their 2nd game in a year at the weekend and i don't know how they didn't win by double figures.
First half (or third in kids football) was all one way traffic, we hit the post, bar and keeper made several blinding saves. It should have been 6-0 by half time, instead we went in 1-0 up.

They pulled a flukey one back to level it and we piled on the pressure but couldn't score. They were given a last minute penalty that
a) was outside the box
b) wasn't handball

Defeat leaves us 2nd in the table. A weekend to forget

Unread 19-11-2012, 03:46 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
I'm missing Scholes Jnr play football for the first time ever today, i feel £#%&!ing sick, absolutely gutted
didn't see this. yhbr :shakehead:

Unread 19-11-2012, 03:47 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
didn't see this. yhbr :shakehead:
Old news pol, won't be happening again

Unread 19-11-2012, 03:49 PM
believe

Quote:
Old news pol, won't be happening again
no excuse, pal. I've not been this fuming since dunk took his kids to pizza hut and watched united on his ipad.

Unread 19-11-2012, 03:51 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
no excuse, pal. I've not been this fuming since dunk took his kids to pizza hut and watched united on his ipad.
Stick something to eat on, all will be good

Unread 19-11-2012, 07:09 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Could you not expand this tread into a fully fledged blog with player (and parents) profiles, blow by blow accounts of the games, league updates, a day in the life of a Footy Dad, hints and tips for looking after your gear and such like?

Just a thought, I'm sure loads on here would really love it.

Unread 19-11-2012, 07:13 PM
HarkNowHear

How many halves more than two are there

Unread 20-11-2012, 05:52 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Could you not expand this tread into a fully fledged blog with player (and parents) profiles, blow by blow accounts of the games, league updates, a day in the life of a Footy Dad, hints and tips for looking after your gear and such like?

£#%&! off mate, he's boring enough.

Unread 20-11-2012, 09:24 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane

No worries, working on a spreadsheet right this second.

Unread 22-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Brenner

Thumbs up

Brenner Jnr's team are top of the league

P:7 W:6 D:1 F:40 A:7

Through to next round of the cup as well after going through on pens.

Happy days.

Unread 22-11-2012, 04:00 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
Brenner Jnr's team are top of the league

P:7 W:6 D:1 F:40 A:7

Through to next round of the cup as well after going through on pens.

Happy days.

We can have a coach off at the xmas market meet, might even wear my coaches jacket with initials on

Unread 22-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Albert Tatlock

We were short last week so my ad played in goal first half.

Stopped everything....

Second half, started his mazy run down the wing and got booted right in the left knee. Was down a full 5 minutes and had to play last man instead of winger as he could hardly run.

Got his own back though. The ball was passed back to him just behind the half way line and he smashed it forward " a la beckham" and scored right in the top right hand corner...

Unread 22-11-2012, 04:13 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
We were short last week so my ad played in goal first half.

Stopped everything....

Second half, started his mazy run down the wing and got booted right in the left knee. Was down a full 5 minutes and had to play last man instead of winger as he could hardly run.

Got his own back though. The ball was passed back to him just behind the half way line and he smashed it forward " a la beckham" and scored right in the top right hand corner...

Unread 22-11-2012, 07:23 PM
Brenner

Quote:
We can have a coach off at the xmas market meet, might even wear my
coaches jacket with initials on
I'll be coming in my Michael Jackass leather black & red Thriller gear tbf, but will get my initials put on it especially

Unread 23-11-2012, 12:47 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
I'll be coming in my Michael Jackass leather black & red Thriller gear tbf, but will get my initials put on it especially
£#%&! it, bananaman it is

Unread 30-11-2012, 09:31 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Scholes Jnr's appendicitis this week means he is now out of action until the new year.
Looks like this weekends games will be called off anyway.

Unread 01-12-2012, 11:03 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Radio programme here for SSG, http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01p2v1z

Decent prog on childrens football. That Jim white @#%&!, the so called football journo, £#%&!s it a bit.

Always like to drop a post on here SS, it must get boring for you posting and reading your own thread (with the odd exception)

Unread 02-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Brenner

Young Brenners' match got called off due to the frost. He picked up a thigh strain though this afternoon when we were out for a kick about so looks like he'll be joining Schrolesy Jr on the treatment table

Unread 03-12-2012, 01:09 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Young Brenners' match got called off due to the frost. He picked up a thigh strain though this afternoon when we were out for a kick about so looks like he'll be joining Schrolesy Jr on the treatment table
Scholes Jnr was chomping at the bit to play on Saturday, he came to the game in his full kit hoping to get a game.
As much as I wanted him to play I left him out and we won 7-1...he was gutted
Closed Thread