United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2016, 11:32 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
A genuinely £#%&!ing ridiculous comment. He's impressed everytime he's played ffs
But he has a funny looking face!

Unread 08-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Zorg

Yyyyyyyyyno.

Unread 08-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Rooney's "passing ability" is top class. It's his brutal touch that causes difficulties when the ball is pinging around at pace in tight spaces. In terms of picking out the pass only Carrick is better in our team. Look at the goal yesterday, he'd butchered his own chance but still had the presence of mind to pick out the runner.

That there actually was a runner was something of a novelty for us these days.

That's as far as I got btw. Is the rest of it so full of misinformed whining?
his vision is as big a problem as his touch. takes too long to get his head up due to that touch, but also ignores the right pass too often even when his touch is sound.

Unread 08-05-2016, 12:24 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmian_fan
when i compare the players that play for atletico madrid, bayern münchen, real madrid, barcelona, psg, i can only see at the most, 7 players are good enough for united; ddg, luke shaw, anthony martial, marcus rashford, cameron borthwick-jackson, timothy fosu-mensah and at a stretch daley blind.

The following players aren't good enough with given reasons.

wayne rooney : He doesn't have the passing ability, guile, tackling ability and technical ability to shield the ball to play in the center midfield. The best he could do, is to play as number 9, but he doesn't have the pace to do that either. If you look at benzema, müller, zlatan, greizmann, lewandowsky, suarez, aguero etc., each of them possess at least some of the outstanding attributes that make them match winner. Right now, we only have martial and rashford that come anywhere close to these great players, rooney is million miles away. He should be shown the door right at this very moment.

ander herrera : Yeah, a fan favorite, but rubbish at passing, often giving the ball away, hardly great at defending, non-existent in creating any chances. Nowhere nearly as good enough as the likes of saul niguez, arturo vidal, ivan rakitic etc. So, should be got rid.

schneiderlin : The only thing he is good at is defending, yet often he fails to do even that. A united team needs a cdm who can pass the ball forward to create chances, just like monsieur carrick used to do at his prime and even does at times these days. United should have the likes of marco veratti, not someone as limited as morgan schneiderlin.

depay : The epitome of rubbish-ness. Passing, shooting, shielding the ball, dribbling etc., good at absolutely nothing on the pitch. The only thing he is good at apparently is doing fashion and going to gym, but he lacks the quality of beckham to actually do something productive on the pitch.

smalling : People might rave about him but the okay-ish defensive record that we have this season is mainly down to ddg and daley blind. Smalling is a rubbish passer and often makes mistakes which lead to penalties or own goals. I'd rather have one of diego godin or jose maria jimenez in my team, but the positive thing is i believe fosu-mensah will prove himself good enough for united. He is already a very good passer, all he needs to do is to eradicate his rashness.

matteo darmian : Seems like a decent chap, but i don't think he's good enough to play for a united as a rb, even if i'm one of his fans. After seeing for torino and italy, it's seems to me that he's good as a rwb for 5-3-2 formation, where you have more freedom to attack and an extra defender to protect you if you can't go back to your defensive position quickly enough. In a backline of four defenders, you have to be quicker at going back. He lacks the energy, discipline and crossing ability of gary neville. He even makes another ordinary player like antonio valencia look decent.

jesse lingard : He's a decent-ish player for midtable teams like everton, but not for united. If he is to stay at united, he must improve his shot accuracy, dribbling ability, passing accuracy.

juan mata : At least jesse lingard has some pace to go for him, poor mata doesn't even have that. His dribbling isn't great, nor is his chance creation. He doesn't even have the eye for a pass like a proper number 10 should have. He is also easy to knock off the ball. There's a reason why he has never won a league title in spain or in england. League title requires consistency, compactness and high quality performances. Mata has never really been consistent in producing high-quality performances. Yes, he shows moments of brilliance, but that's not enough at united.

schweinsteiger : He was past his best, that's why bayern let him go. I live in germany, i work here. I know how shrewed germans are. They rarely do anything before analyzing the consequences. They knew hargreaves was over, they knew the same with schweinsteiger.

rojo : Reckless in defending, rubbish at crossing, no position sense whatsoever. Need to be shown the door right away. I can't really understand why lvg keeps playing rojo when cameron borthwich-jackson is fit. It's a tragedy that luke shaw had to be injured, it's an even bigger tragedy that his replacement has been this ridiculous argentine.

fellaini : All he does is winning some header at the front end of the pitch and at times in defensive corners. Other than that, he is an ordinary passer, a nonsense tackler, a red card waiting to be shown and at the very best clumsy on the ball when running with it.

I can go on and on about other players, but you already know they aren't good enough. Having said that, i'd keep michael carrick for his experience for the young players. I'd only keep the 7 players i mentioned at the top and promote more youth from the academy and try to lure as many young players like saul niguez, riyad mahrez, as possible, while also trying to sign some experienced stars like zlatan, greizmann etc.

It's no wonder our team languishes at the 5th position. When you have such a poor squad, you can't really win anything if you have pretty much expired a manager like lvg at the helm. You need a motivator like diego simeone or sir alex ferguson to win.
you should cut down on your porklife

Unread 08-05-2016, 01:05 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
lol tbh

absolutely loved the insight into Germans and their shrewdness, and how it relates to Schweinsteiger. Real in-depth analysis
Yeah real shrewed those fellas. Great insight. Thanks for enlightening me darmianfan. Or should i say danke?

Unread 08-05-2016, 10:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmian_fan
When I compare the players that play for Atletico Madrid, Bayern München, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, I can only see at the most, 7 players are good enough for United; DDG, Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Timothy Fosu-Mensah and at a stretch Daley Blind.
Tough to argue, but the hope I often have is that the rest of the fairly average bunch will raise their level a bit more if/when we get a few superstars. They're no world-beaters, but top players give the rest of the team a huge lift, whoever they are. The catalyst for Leicester's season is Vardy scoring every game for a while and convincing the cloggers that if they keep it tight he'll win the game.

United should be a higher level than that, but I think if we can get a few top boys such as Pogba, Griezmann, Aubameyang and maybe one or two with some steel, we shall see the level of everyone else rise a bit. Be it Smalling and Darmian showing more guts, or the likes of Schneiderlin or Memphis showing more belief. Ultimately, top players are there to inspire the club. We don't have enough of them.

Unread 08-05-2016, 10:13 PM
sa7

Quote:
When I compare the players that play for Atletico Madrid, Bayern München, Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, I can only see at the most, 7 players are good enough for United; DDG, Luke Shaw, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford, Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, Timothy Fosu-Mensah and at a stretch Daley Blind.

Please write a similarly lengthy tome entitled "Struggle: My Battle Against Crippling Autism"

Unread 08-05-2016, 10:19 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tough to argue, but the hope I often have is that the rest of the fairly average bunch will raise their level a bit more if/when we get a few superstars. They're no world-beaters, but top players give the rest of the team a huge lift, whoever they are. The catalyst for Leicester's season is Vardy scoring every game for a while and convincing the cloggers that if they keep it tight he'll win the game.

United should be a higher level than that, but I think if we can get a few top boys such as Pogba, Griezmann, Aubameyang and maybe one or two with some steel, we shall see the level of everyone else rise a bit. Be it Smalling and Darmian showing more guts, or the likes of Schneiderlin or Memphis showing more belief. Ultimately, top players are there to inspire the club. We don't have enough of them.
So, if we get half a team, the shit @#%&!s will improve*

* Will not be playing

Unread 08-05-2016, 10:21 PM
morgan

Quote:

Wayne Rooney : He doesn't have the passing ability, guile, tackling ability and technical ability to shield the ball to play in the center midfield. The best he could do, is to play as number 9, but he doesn't have the pace to do that either. If you look at Benzema, Müller, Zlatan, Greizmann, Lewandowsky, Suarez, Aguero etc., each of them possess at least some of the outstanding attributes that make them match winner. Right now, we only have Martial and Rashford that come anywhere close to these great players, Rooney is million miles away. He should be shown the door right at this very moment.

Ander Herrera : Yeah, a fan favorite, but rubbish at passing, often giving the ball away, hardly great at defending, non-existent in creating any chances. Nowhere nearly as good enough as the likes of Saul Niguez, Arturo Vidal, Ivan Rakitic etc. So, should be got rid.

Schneiderlin : The only thing he is good at is defending, yet often he fails to do even that. A United team needs a CDM who can pass the ball forward to create chances, just like Monsieur Carrick used to do at his prime and even does at times these days. United should have the likes of Marco Veratti, not someone as limited as Morgan Schneiderlin.

Depay : The epitome of rubbish-ness. Passing, shooting, shielding the ball, dribbling etc., good at absolutely nothing on the pitch. The only thing he is good at apparently is doing fashion and going to gym, but he lacks the quality of Beckham to actually do something productive on the pitch.

Smalling : People might rave about him but the okay-ish defensive record that we have this season is mainly down to DDG and Daley Blind. Smalling is a rubbish passer and often makes mistakes which lead to penalties or own goals. I'd rather have one of Diego Godin or Jose Maria Jimenez in my team, but the positive thing is I believe Fosu-Mensah will prove himself good enough for United. He is already a very good passer, all he needs to do is to eradicate his rashness.

Matteo Darmian : Seems like a decent chap, but I don't think he's good enough to play for a United as a RB, even if I'm one of his fans. After seeing for Torino and Italy, it's seems to me that he's good as a RWB for 5-3-2 formation, where you have more freedom to attack and an extra defender to protect you if you can't go back to your defensive position quickly enough. In a backline of four defenders, you have to be quicker at going back. He lacks the energy, discipline and crossing ability of Gary Neville. He even makes another ordinary player like Antonio Valencia look decent.

Jesse Lingard : He's a decent-ish player for midtable teams like Everton, but not for United. If he is to stay at United, he must improve his shot accuracy, dribbling ability, passing accuracy.

Juan Mata : At least Jesse Lingard has some pace to go for him, poor Mata doesn't even have that. His dribbling isn't great, nor is his chance creation. He doesn't even have the eye for a pass like a proper number 10 should have. He is also easy to knock off the ball. There's a reason why he has never won a league title in Spain or in England. League title requires consistency, compactness and high quality performances. Mata has never really been consistent in producing high-quality performances. Yes, he shows moments of brilliance, but that's not enough at United.

Schweinsteiger : He was past his best, that's why Bayern let him go. I live in Germany, I work here. I know how shrewed Germans are. They rarely do anything before analyzing the consequences. They knew Hargreaves was over, they knew the same with Schweinsteiger.

Rojo : Reckless in defending, rubbish at crossing, no position sense whatsoever. Need to be shown the door right away. I can't really understand why LVG keeps playing Rojo when Cameron Borthwich-Jackson is fit. It's a tragedy that Luke Shaw had to be injured, it's an even bigger tragedy that his replacement has been this ridiculous Argentine.

Fellaini : All he does is winning some header at the front end of the pitch and at times in defensive corners. Other than that, he is an ordinary passer, a nonsense tackler, a red card waiting to be shown and at the very best clumsy on the ball when running with it.

I can go on and on about other players, but you already know they aren't good enough. Having said that, I'd keep Michael Carrick for his experience for the young players. I'd only keep the 7 players I mentioned at the top and promote more youth from the academy and try to lure as many young players like Saul Niguez, Riyad Mahrez, as possible, while also trying to sign some experienced stars like Zlatan, Greizmann etc.

It's no wonder our team languishes at the 5th position. When you have such a poor squad, you can't really win anything if you have pretty much expired a manager like LVG at the helm. You need a motivator like Diego Simeone or Sir Alex Ferguson to win.
What do you make of McNair mate could you rustle up a couple of hundred words?

Unread 08-05-2016, 10:23 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

You're even starting to sound like him

Unread 08-05-2016, 10:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
So, if we get half a team, the shit @#%&!s will improve*

* Will not be playing
Fairly simple point. If you want a top team, you don't need a team full of top players, but you need a few.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
You're even starting to sound like him
I try my utmost best

Unread 09-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Albert Tatlock

Fegie could win the league with the squad we have today

2 or 3 new players and he'd be in the CL final

It's not so much the players you have, it's the manager and the system.

Unread 09-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Darmian_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

Didn't I say just that? But where can you actually find a Fergie in this day and age? Only Simeone seems near to what Fergie was.

Unread 09-05-2016, 09:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

Why is Leicester such a freak, then? Should happen more often. Is it a coincidence that the best teams usually have the best players?

Unread 09-05-2016, 10:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You like Blind. GTFO.
Good player.

Unread 09-05-2016, 11:16 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Good player.
Yes, he is