United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:09 PM
wiganste

Default I want us to smash Leeds tomorrow, but....

The 2 games against City are far more important.

Fergie ought to send out his 2nd string tomorrow and play a relatively strong team at Eastlands, a team strong enough to give us an advantage at Old Trafford for the 2nd leg.

Hell, I'd take a defeat tomorrow if it meant dumping ciddy out of the fizzy pop cup.

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:12 PM
borsuk

Default Re: I want us to smash Leeds tomorrow, but....

the kids will play against city. it's a gamble, but imagine our teenagers dumping those £#%&!ers out

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:13 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the kids will play against city. it's a gamble, but imagine our teenagers dumping those £#%&!ers out
They'll beat us if we don't play near full strength. And if they ko us, they'll win the cup

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:17 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
They'll beat us if we don't play near full strength. And if they ko us, they'll win the cup

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:23 PM
red in cumbria

Actually, IF it could be arranged for them to beat our kids, but then get turned over by Villa in the final, it might almost be worth it. Just imagine the heights the Bertie giddiness would reach in the next few weeks - and the scale of the subsequent letdown

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Actually, IF it could be arranged for them to beat our kids, but then get turned over by Villa in the final, it might almost be worth it. Just imagine the heights the Bertie giddiness would reach in the next few weeks - and the scale of the subsequent letdown
Stop talking utter %@#$&!s.

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:29 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
The 2 games against City are far more important.

Fergie ought to send out his 2nd string tomorrow and play a relatively strong team at Eastlands, a team strong enough to give us an advantage at Old Trafford for the 2nd leg.

Hell, I'd take a defeat tomorrow if it meant dumping ciddy out of the fizzy pop cup.
i hear you but i honestly think the less meddling the better at the moment. with big players trying to get back to full fitness and berbs and rooney looking like they might be getting some fluidity as a partnership i would stick with the first team in both (all 3) games. we could always make changes once we have a couple of goals.

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Sparky***

Well, let's look at the situation.

Who are our 'kids' more likely to beat? A league 1 team or Manchester City?

Hmmmm.

Play a weakend team against Leeds and send a decent team out at eastlands.

If we send the kids out against city, they'll be at least 2 goals infront of us come the 2nd leg.

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Stop talking utter %@#$&!s.
Lighten up, mate

Are you *really* saying that if they were to beat us, but then lose the final, you wouldn't laugh your %@#$&!s off??

This is city, remember - it is something they are well capable of doing

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:36 PM
MUFC One Love

City could give our kids a beating, City will be well up for it.

Despite what Fergie has said he'll play a decent side. He always does when he gets to the semi-final/final of a competition. It will maybe have 1-2 younger lads in like Gibson and Welbeck but I fully expect to see Rooney and a few other big players. I think Vidic and Brown will play. We need to stay in the tie there so it's all to play for at O.T.

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Lighten up, mate

Are you *really* saying that if they were to beat us, but then lose the final, you wouldn't laugh your %@#$&!s off??

This is city, remember - it is something they are well capable of doing
No, get them £#%&!ing out asap.

£#%&!ing putting up with the giddy-o-meter for 2 months.

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Yeah, just like I was going to laugh my %@#$&!s off when Milan beat the scousers in Istanbul

Seriously, anyone who wouldn't mind us losing to Citeh, in a £#%&!ing semi-final, is completely

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:38 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No, get them £#%&!ing out asap.

£#%&!ing putting up with the giddy-o-meter for 2 months.
Seconded

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
City could give our kids a beating, City will be well up for it.

Despite what Fergie has said he'll play a decent side. He always does when he gets to the semi-final/final of a competition. It will maybe have 1-2 younger lads in like Gibson and Welbeck but I fully expect to see Rooney and a few other big players. I think Vidic and Brown will play. We need to stay in the tie there so it's all to play for at O.T.
Everton last year? Like others I hope he plays a decent team against the Berties, we'll beat Lids with a weaker team

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:41 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Everton last year? Like others I hope he plays a decent team against the Berties, we'll beat Lids with a weaker team
When I posted that I thought about Everton, but in general Fergie puts in a few big players for a semi-final/final, didn't he play a few big players against Everton last year?

I think 5-6 first team players will play.

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:42 PM
red in cumbria

Perhaps you can quote me where I said I didn't care if we lost then?

I just said it might almost be worth it IF they could be guaranteed losing the final. But since there can (obviously) be no such thing, it is all academic anyway. I hope we thrash them as much as any other fan, obviously

Oh and I was certainly never one of those who wanted the Vermin to beat Chelski back in 2005. Indeed I hope all those who said they did were subsequently named and shamed, at the very least

(and the CL is also a bit bigger than the League Cup, innit?)

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Sandman

You would think Obertan, Anderson, Gibson, Fabio and Welbeck will be part of the team to play against the berties. I think there's enough talent amongst them to give them a game. hopefully he'll have some experience in the centre of defence and we'll be fine.

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:44 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
That was one of the worst games of football i've ever attended and the day I vowed never to go back to Wembley. £#%&!ing turgid shite.

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Perhaps you can quote me where I said I didn't care if we lost then?

I just said it might almost be worth it IF they could be guaranteed losing the final. But since there can (obviously) be no such thing, it is all academic anyway. I hope we thrash them as much as any other fan, obviously

Oh and I was certainly never one of those who wanted the Vermin to beat Chelski back in 2005. Indeed I hope all those who said they did were subsequently named and shamed, at the very least

(and the CL is also a bit bigger than the League Cup, innit?)
Aye, whatever. Remember to pack your inflatable banana on wednesday.

Unread 02-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Aye, whatever. Remember to pack your inflatable banana on wednesday.
I hear they are doing half red half blue ones
Closed Thread