United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Neo

Exclamation We're Becoming Everything We've Ever Hated

Knee-jerk overreactions of panic, petulant shrieks of 'sack him!', spoilt demands for insta-success. It's £#%&!ing embarrassing.

I expected ABU nation and the mainstream media to latch on with glee at any opportunity to prematurely stick the boot in at the earliest sign of problems, but I expected better from our own support.

We've spent the last couple of decades (rightfully) scoffing and sneering at other clubs' distasteful penchant for sacking their managers at the first hurdle, and the last few years (rightfully) mocking the overnight lottery 'successes' of the plastic clubs. Yet at the first sign of trouble, we're now seemingly turning into everything that we've historically stood against.

Nobody expected seamless transition, and if things have gone even worse than we originally envisaged, then reacting to it by turning into whiney little spoilt JCL bitches isn't going to help. There's work to be done, and with a bit of time and support we may reap some serious benefits, just like we did with Ferguson.

Moyes is learning the ropes at this level; all this talk of tactics and playing styles at Everton is meaningless, as he will have to adapt himself to the requirements of Manchester United, and that will naturally come with some teething problems. However, if he adapts successfully, which will take time, then it will all be worth it. He may well crash and burn, but I'd rather give him a fair shot, and I would certainly not turn into the type of mong that I've spent my entire football-watching life mocking. See what he does in January, and see where we end up in May - then we can make a fair judgement call IMHO.

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:45 AM
Sparky***

Yes, we're all sorry for demanding 'insta-success' like not losing two games at home in a week or being 10th in the league.

What total unrealistic expectations.

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:45 AM
Crumps

I am not becoming you.

Moot thread.

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:46 AM
Drexl

I actually said in my own head that I would accept any price if we would only do the treble.

Living the dream

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:48 AM
Michael Myers

I just want us to play some attacking football and score some goals, but Moyes reckons it will take two years...

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:50 AM
ScarFace

Exclamation

He should NEVER of even been considered for the job.
That is why people are not giving him much time.

In the entire world of football, do you think an average manager at best, who's won zero, should of been given the top job in English football ?

Even when we were shit, we got the best prospect of a manager we could.

The only reason given for getting such a disappointing manager in, was he will just continue the things Fergie put in place.

He couldn't of done worse if he tried.

Sack him, get somebody who's a proven winner.

10 nil next week please. Save 2 years of this shit.

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:52 AM
Doctor Hver

You mean Liverpool FC? Nah, we aint racist.

But if I'm honest, we can still win the league, but given how we are playing I cannot see that happening, let alone even get CL spot never mind Europa League. TO be fair I expected us, post Fergie to put in challage for the title even if it would yeild in 2nd, 3rd place, but we are not even that we are midtale and its not like we are only 3 games into the season. When you look at the table you see that there issome wrong with it, United 9th after 15 games so some question has to be asked about the manager and about the players.

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:55 AM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yes, we're all sorry for demanding 'insta-success' like not losing two games at home in a week or being 10th in the league.

What total unrealistic expectations.
That is not even a week its 4 days.

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:55 AM
Gruber

I think people just expect better of a team that was Champions six months ago tbh

Unread 08-12-2013, 01:57 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
I think people just expect better of a team that was Champions six months ago tbh
and a year before that lost on GD to a team who's spent a billion.

The fact he brought that fat blind @#%&! anderson on, says everything.

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:01 AM
Gruber

If Fergie could get this same squad to fight and Moyes can't, then that enough suggests he's not right for the job. Isn't part of management being a motivator?

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:04 AM
Gold Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Knee-jerk overreactions of panic, petulant shrieks of 'sack him!', spoilt demands for insta-success. It's f***ing embarrassing.

I expected ABU nation and the mainstream media to latch on with glee at any opportunity to prematurely stick the boot in at the earliest sign of problems, but I expected better from our own support.

We've spent the last couple of decades (rightfully) scoffing and sneering at other clubs' distasteful penchant for sacking their managers at the first hurdle, and the last few years (rightfully) mocking the overnight lottery 'successes' of the plastic clubs. Yet at the first sign of trouble, we're now seemingly turning into everything that we've historically stood against.

Nobody expected seamless transition, and if things have gone even worse than we originally envisaged, then reacting to it by turning into whiney little spoilt JCL b****es isn't going to help. There's work to be done, and with a bit of time and support we may reap some serious benefits, just like we did with Ferguson.

Moyes is learning the ropes at this level; all this talk of tactics and playing styles at Everton is meaningless, as he will have to adapt himself to the requirements of Manchester United, and that will naturally come with some teething problems. However, if he adapts successfully, which will take time, then it will all be worth it. He may well crash and burn, but I'd rather give him a fair shot, and I would certainly not turn into the type of mong that I've spent my entire football-watching life mocking. See what he does in January, and see where we end up in May - then we can make a fair judgement call IMHO.
So people need to think Utd are winning in the "belief league table" rather than what's happening on the pitch?

What did you say about scoffing again?

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
True, and as I said, the start of the Moyes era has been even worse than we expected.

However, it's still far too early to judge him IMO. We're not Chelsea or City, ffs. And FwiW, those two clubs have underperformed too, despite spending far, far more money than Moyes has been able to.

Yes, we were Champions last season, but we probably only had two or three outfield players that performed to an elite level all year - Van Persie, Carrick and Rafael. This season all three of those players have been out of the team for extended periods, so it's clearly going to have a hugely negative impact.

Despite what Throb trots out, we all know that there are glaring weaknesses in the squad that Fergie left for his successor; not only the garbage swamp he left festering in midfield, but also leaving the first choice centre-back pairing in limbo, and a set of the worst United wingers seen in recent times.

This idea that Moyes would be able to come in and pick up where Fergie left off is ridiculous. He's got a shit load of work to do to get us competitive, and it would be easier for him if he had the fans' backing instead of idiots calling for his head. Get our best players back in the starting XI, get a top midfielder in January, and I think we could have a good second half to the season.

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:14 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
The fact he brought that fat blind @#%&! anderson on, says everything.
Agreed. Imagine if Fergie had left him Pogba instead.

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:20 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Neo, city and Chelsea have under performed as they are bedding in their new managers. Look where they are standing for when their experienced managers find their groove.

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:21 AM
Gold Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
True, and as I said, the start of the Moyes era has been even worse than we expected.

However, it's still far too early to judge him IMO. We're not Chelsea or City, ffs. And FwiW, those two clubs have underperformed too, despite spending far, far more money than Moyes has been able to.

Yes, we were Champions last season, but we probably only had two or three outfield players that performed to an elite level all year - Van Persie, Carrick and Rafael. This season all three of those players have been out of the team for extended periods, so it's clearly going to have a hugely negative impact.

Despite what Throb trots out, we all know that there are glaring weaknesses in the squad that Fergie left for his successor; not only the garbage swamp he left festering in midfield, but also leaving the first choice centre-back pairing in limbo, and a set of the worst United wingers seen in recent times.

This idea that Moyes would be able to come in and pick up where Fergie left off is ridiculous. He's got a s*** load of work to do to get us competitive, and it would be easier for him if he had the fans' backing instead of idiots calling for his head. Get our best players back in the starting XI, get a top midfielder in January, and I think we could have a good second half to the season.
Covering all excuses then.

Utd spent over 50M in the summer, adding to a squad that quite comfortably won the league.

How is that "a shit load of work to do to get us competitive"?

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:22 AM
Nemo

I don't know what disheartens me the most, Moyes or his apologists :shakehead:

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo
Sorry about that

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:33 AM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo
thought there was supposed to be a thread to contain these #@&%!s but apparently not.

Unread 08-12-2013, 02:35 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Classic
Covering all excuses then.

Utd spent over 50M in the summer, adding to a squad that quite comfortably won the league.

How is that "a shit load of work to do to get us competitive"?
No they didn't. They spent £27m on fellaini and another couple of million on some full back from south america.

If you're referring to the Zaha deal that was made in January.
Closed Thread