United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-08-2023, 04:16 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
What do we make of this increase of added time?

Varane and now De Bruyne having a moan about it

https://twitter.com/football__tweet/...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

I’m all for it. Added time is laughably low when you factor in all the histrionics and bullshit from the players. They really don’t have a leg to stand on when they’re expected to play the time they’ve wasted themselves.

As long as the time played is consistent with how the game has gone, I’m all for it.
Totally agree.

Really fancy Everton to get relegated this season now. Maybe Newcastle will struggle, Villa too

Unread 08-08-2023, 06:12 PM
BigJim

They really need to start deciding whether the time limit on goalkeepers is actually a rule or not too; it's still on the books.

Funny how some rules appear optional. Foul throws are another.

Unread 09-08-2023, 02:42 PM
armchair

Unread 14-08-2023, 11:32 AM
Chris Quayd

Barca game yesterday had 25 mins of stoppage time, ball in play for 56 mins

Unread 14-08-2023, 12:40 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I mean the physio goes on the pitch and treats them as the game is going on.

Even stopping the game when the ball @#%&!s them in the face infuriates me
It’s beyond £#%&!ing stupid. Even when the physio comes on and applies a chapstick to the player’s lips, they don’t just carry on afterwards,
- the player has to go through the charade and stagger off the pitch in a daze like he’s been @#%&!ted with a cricket bat and then is given special permission from the £#%&!ing lino to go back onto the pitch again. Just ignore the @#%&! and play on. “Ooooh, but he might be really injured “.
Never thought I’d say this but just watched my first ever women’s game, and there was none of this shite. Was actually quite refreshing no diving, whinging etc. Even that bird who trod on the Nigeria player’s back was so obvious, it was comical. More masculine than the men.

Unread 14-08-2023, 12:54 PM
Coracao

I don't think the timekeeping should be in the hands of the ref. They are arbitrarily choosing how much per game, and it's an even bigger issue with the introduction of VAR.

Cut the nonsense out and play 30 mins ball in play each half. The current system is archaic and it is the next major change which needs to be brought in, and one that is actually required for a change.

As for people getting home for night games, change the kick off times. Plenty of games across England over a season kick off at 19:30 and it is common across Europe.

What other mainstream sports does the ref dictate how long play goes on for? Probably a couple of examples, but not coming to mind right now.

Unread 14-08-2023, 12:57 PM
larry

then we get the fun of a goal scored on 60:00 and deciding whether it was over the line

Unread 14-08-2023, 01:04 PM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
then we get the fun of a goal scored on 60:00 and deciding whether it was over the line
This post has pickled my brain.

Unread 14-08-2023, 01:06 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Bickle
I thought it was just me.

Unread 14-08-2023, 01:38 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I don't think the timekeeping should be in the hands of the ref. They are arbitrarily choosing how much per game, and it's an even bigger issue with the introduction of VAR.

Cut the nonsense out and play 30 mins ball in play each half. The current system is archaic and it is the next major change which needs to be brought in, and one that is actually required for a change.

As for people getting home for night games, change the kick off times. Plenty of games across England over a season kick off at 19:30 and it is common across Europe.

What other mainstream sports does the ref dictate how long play goes on for? Probably a couple of examples, but not coming to mind right now.
Despise that idea.

Imagine we're clean through on goal and the full time buzzer goes before we get the chance to score

Unread 14-08-2023, 01:47 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Despise that idea.

Imagine we're clean through on goal and the full time buzzer goes before we get the chance to score
It isn't next goal wins, there is a time limit.

Unread 14-08-2023, 02:00 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 14-08-2023, 02:43 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
It isn't next goal wins, there is a time limit.
No shit

But as it is now, if a team is on the attack as the clock ticks over the allocated added time, they are generally given the chance to finish the attack before the final whistle is blown, which is a good system.

Unread 14-08-2023, 02:46 PM
Coracao

Quote:
No shit

Glad you understand.

Unread 14-08-2023, 03:09 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Glad you understand.
And it's a shame you don't.

Unread 14-08-2023, 03:16 PM
System Error

Quote:
Bickle in a pickle

Unread 14-08-2023, 03:25 PM
Coracao

Quote:
And it's a shame you don't.
Fully understand me pal.

Unread 14-08-2023, 03:32 PM
NedKelly

Love a good old fashioned last word stand off. Reckon patty will nick it but you never know.

Unread 14-08-2023, 03:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Love a good old fashioned last word stand off. Reckon patty will nick it but you never know.
Probably. He can be an unflushable turd at times.

Unread 14-08-2023, 03:37 PM
Time For Heroes

I couldn't believe last week when a City player kicked the ball out of play so that Timber could retrieve his boot and put it back on (which took him about a minute and a half!).
Closed Thread