United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Sparky***

Default Ian Wright in 'Talking sense' Shocker.

It had to happen one day i suppose.

Quote:
SORRY Sir Dave, but it is going to take you longer than a fortnight to sort out this mess.

Unread 29-06-2010, 05:59 PM
carlosartorial

Default Re: Ian Wright in 'Talking sense' Shocker.

He's a moron.

Unread 29-06-2010, 05:59 PM
red in cumbria

I see his list of "quality overseas stars" doesn't include a certain goalie

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:01 PM
carlosartorial

The only thing he's arsed about is his dwarf son getting a game and how much he's getting paid for that 300 words of bleeding obviousness.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Spiffy

It's not that simple. Most of the time managers don't get the time to get the youth set up working. Take any club, let's say City. If they don't get into the top 4 next season, they'll probably sack their manager. As a result he's much more likely to sign proven players rather than risk losing his job. As Wright says, often the foreigner will play for less than the English people want. Who in their right mind would pay an Englishmen more than a foreigner with the same talent? Club football contributes more than its fair share to the national team. Wright seems to want clubs to make sacrifices in order to benefit the national side. With the amount of money in the game now, that's never going to happen.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:03 PM
Zorg

Thumbs up Re: Ian Wright in 'Talking sense' Shocker.

Absolutely bang on.

Is he ill?

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I see his list of "quality overseas stars" doesn't include a certain goalie
Or a Frenchman who won titles, doubles and player of the season awards. Did he also omit the (as far as I know) only player in the Premiership to win the ballon d'or whilst playing in our league?

Sloane

is it only me that thinks zola is a bit of a myth?
he scored some great goals and capable of other flashes of genius but he wasnt that consistent and shouldnt be classed in the top bracket of premier league players.

fair enough if other people disagree just my memories

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Or a Frenchman who won titles, doubles and player of the season awards. Did he also omit the (as far as I know) only player in the Premiership to win the ballon d'or whilst playing in our league?
Every foreign player he mentions played in London, it's a typical cockney thing that.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:05 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
It's not that simple. Most of the time managers don't get the time to get the youth set up working. Take any club, let's say City. If they don't get into the top 4 next season, they'll probably sack their manager. As a result he's much more likely to sign proven players rather than risk losing his job. As Wright says, often the foreigner will play for less than the English people want. Who in their right mind would pay an Englishmen more than a foreigner with the same talent? Club football contributes more than its fair share to the national team. Wright seems to want clubs to make sacrifices in order to benefit the national side. With the amount of money in the game now, that's never going to happen.
City fans in our place blame Capello, 100%. One thinks Beckham should be given the job because he's 'passionate'.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Or for that matter, any player who played for a non-Londinium club

Pathetic #@&%! with a fat wife

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
I told everybody we were going to win the World Cup and I believed it.
Now, a couple of weeks later, he's read Fred and decided to take a different approach.

MJ Ramone

He said on TalkSport the other day that Rooney's outburst - "It's nice to have your own Fans booing you isn't it?" was the most shameful thing he's EVER seen
I hate the way the English Press pretend that our Footballers are infact soldiers & how they're at War on our behalf & that each & every 'fan' that went over to South Africa has been left traumatised because Rooney didn't sing God Save The Queen etc..

The Press are just as much to blame for England's exit as anyone imo.

Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Every foreign player he mentions played in London, it's a typical cockney thing that.
I noticed that. What a @#%&! he really is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
City fans in our place blame Capello, 100%. One thinks Beckham should be given the job because he's 'passionate'.
Yes passion, that's what we're missing. All we have is passion, it's ability they need to work on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Or for that matter, any player who played for a non-Londinium club

Pathetic #@&%! with a fat wife

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
He said on TalkSport the other day that Rooney's outburst - "It's nice to have your own Fans booing you isn't it?" was the most shameful thing he's EVER seen
I hate the way the English Press pretend that our Footballers are infact soldiers & how they're at War on our behalf & that each & every 'fan' that went over to South Africa has been left traumatised because Rooney didn't sing God Save The Queen etc..

So Rivaldo rolling around clutching his face when the ball hit his legs isn't as bad? What about Heysel? What about when the German keeper (Schumacher) ran out of his goal and deliberately took out the striker smashing his teeth in the protest and when the player was on the floor said to him "send me the dentists bill." There are loads more, was it Gullit who was spat in the face by a German player once too?

If Rooney hadn't said it, he'd probably be saying now that the boos were the most shameful thing he's ever seen and don't forget, he sees his wife every day.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
So Rivaldo rolling around clutching his face when the ball hit his legs isn't as bad? What about Heysel? What about when the German keeper (Schumacher) ran out of his goal and deliberately took out the striker smashing his teeth in the protest and when the player was on the floor said to him "send me the dentists bill." There are loads more, was it Gullit who was spat in the face by a German player once too?
Aren't you thinking of Rijkjaard doing that *to* a German player (Voller)??

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Agreed, I was thinking that when I saw the pictures of those £#%&!ing #@&%!s dressed as RAF airmen and WW2 soldiers. I just can't imagine any other country's fans doing that.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:27 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Yes passion, that's what we're missing. All we have is passion, it's ability they need to work on
On the subject of "passion" a Japanese player did a diving header in his box in today's game.

Unlike THE MOST PASSIONATE PLAYER IN THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL, he actually managed to connect with the ball

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:28 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Aren't you thinking of Rijkjaard doing that *to* a German player (Voller)??
That's the one. Far worse than Rooney questioning booing fans. @#%&!s trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Agreed, I was thinking that when I saw the pictures of those £#%&!ing #@&%!s dressed as RAF airmen and WW2 soldiers. I just can't imagine any other country's fans doing that.
America, they can't get enough of telling Brits how they saved our asses from the nazi's.

In fairness to the English @#%&!s, it's all they've got left. 2 world wars and 1 world cup seems a bit ridiculous when Germany dump us out of the world cup everytime we play them. So that leaves the war. If Germany invade and kick our arses now, they'd have to stop dressing up like something from Allo Allo or Dad Army.

Unread 29-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Everything has to be turned into a war with the gutter press in this country.

England fans turn up at games dressed as RAF pilots and wearing £#%&!ing WW2 helmets, it's pathetic.

Even the Americans, often lambasted for being blindly patriotic and cringeworthy don't stoop so low as the #@&%!s following England. i don't remember seeing any american supporters dressed up in circa 1776 war of independence gear when they played us.

But with us it's all "our boys going into battle" this and "once more unto the breach dear friends" that. The rest of the world must look at us and wonder what they put in the £#%&!ing water over here.
Closed Thread