United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2009, 05:12 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Mourinho will be United's next manager. He will also win trophies at United.
I doubt that very much, he's not the type of manager United would be interested in.

They will want somebody in the Fergie mould who will develop players rather than someone like Mourinho who is very good at spending other peoples money.

Unread 15-12-2009, 05:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
It's difficult to judge him at Inter as he's not been there long enough but they don't seem to have responded to the Mourinho magic yet.
I do think they're a better team than they were under Mancini. The gap between themselves and the others in Serie A is bigger now he's in charge, imo. Remember, in Mancini's last season at Inter they were second in the league at half time of the last game of the season, only for Zlatan to score twice in the second half and scrape them the title. Mourinho's Inter are far more dominant domestically.

The Champions League form isn't great, but as Mourinho pointed out in one of his daily rants recently, they're generally getting stick for being knocked out by the holders last year and outplayed by the holders this year. Perhaps a little harsh, especially considering the fact that they as a club have made very little impact on the European Cup over the last forty-five years. As Borsuk suggested earlier, it's hard to turn that around in one year.

Unread 15-12-2009, 05:29 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I do think they're a better team than they were under Mancini. The gap between themselves and the others in Serie A is bigger now he's in charge, imo. Remember, in Mancini's last season at Inter they were second in the league at half time of the last game of the season, only for Zlatan to score twice in the second half and scrape them the title. Mourinho's Inter are far more dominant domestically.

The Champions League form isn't great, but as Mourinho pointed out in one of his daily rants recently, they're generally getting stick for being knocked out by the holders last year and outplayed by the holders this year. Perhaps a little harsh, especially considering the fact that they as a club have made very little impact on the European Cup over the last forty-five years. As Borsuk suggested earlier, it's hard to turn that around in one year.
I don't disagree with any of that which is why I said I couldn'tr judge him at Inter, it's early days.

I just think that the two americans falling out with each other and him falling out with both of them would be great to watch...lol

Unread 15-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Spiffy

I'm surprised to see the usual people slating Mourinho. He's head and shoulders above every other prospective manager for Fergie's replacement. We all know if we got Mourinho we'd pull clear of the scousers re league titles. We also know that there's probably only Mourinho who could stand the pressure of replacing SAF. The next guy is doomed to fail but I reckon Mourinho could be the exception to that rule.

Unread 15-12-2009, 10:25 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
going to a club with a bottomless pile of cash. who'd have guessed that?

he's really lost it at inter btw. not the football particularly, but his behaviour has been infantile. last time he was a media darling and had the journos eating out of his hand. i wonder how he'll cope with a bit more criticism next time round...
Difference being he has to deal with a type of press completely different from those in England who were willing him on to overthrow Fergie, Italy like Spain has strong regional papers, the Rome, Turin, Southern Italian papers can give him as much stick as they like without the pressure of upsetting the readership and he hasn't been able to handle it.

If he was to go the scouse the media would completely disappear up his arse within hours of landing back in England.

Unread 15-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Difference being he has to deal with a type of press completely different from those in England who were willing him on to overthrow Fergie, Italy like Spain has strong regional papers, the Rome, Turin, Southern Italian papers can give him as much stick as they like without the pressure of upsetting the readership and he hasn't been able to handle it.

If he was to go the scouse the media would completely disappear up his arse within hours of landing back in England.
That's %@#$&!s. Fergie provides them with plenty of stuff to write about, they loved Mourinho because he was happy to be the centre of attention, he was considered witty and was very good at his job. It was nothing to do with Fergie.

Unread 16-05-2010, 12:26 PM
shadowplay

He's quit, apparently.

Unread 16-05-2010, 12:41 PM
armchair

We don't have to worry about him working in england anyway.

Unread 16-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Zorg

Supposedly taking over as France manager after Domenech.

http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/57...s-france-coach
Closed Thread