United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Camel

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (LAST 16 MATCH DAY 3) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So, Brazil the new favourites then?
they'll be too strong for the dutch, be interesting to see how the oranje play under a bit of pressure tho. they've been cruising so far.

then with uruguay or ghana next you'd be mad to oppose them getting to the final.

there they'd likely face argentina or spain - wouldn't like to call that. some great games coming up.

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:22 AM
S/Side.Red

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* World Cup 2010 (LAST 16 MATCH DAY 3) thread - teams, links and BANTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i've been impressed with ramires, going to be a top player.
Yeah, another good spot by Benfica. I'm not sure he's ever going to be a world beater, personally, but they'll probably end up making a nice profit on him. I don't know if you've seen Airton, who they picked up from Flamengo in January, but he looks even better than Ramires, imo. They've made some very good investments over the last few years. They've certainly been able to identify 'value' quite easily.

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:22 AM
borsuk

Quote:
So, Brazil the new favourites then?
they've been favourites since the beginning to anyone who pays the slightest bit of attention to anything outside europe.

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:26 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah, another good spot by Benfica. I'm not sure he's ever going to be a world beater, personally, but they'll probably end up making a nice profit on him. I don't know if you've seen Airton, who they picked up from Flamengo in January, but he looks even better than Ramires, imo. They've made some very good investments over the last few years. They've certainly been able to identify 'value' quite easily.
airton? still developing but yeah, will be quality. they do bring in a hell of a lot of players, though, and have a lot of failures for every success.

i do like ramires. proper box to box midfielder, would do well in england.

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Camel

Quote:
they've been favourites since the beginning to anyone who pays the slightest bit of attention to anything outside europe.
i was going to intimate the same sentiment but thought it rather boorish

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Tumescent Throb

can i just reiterate the point that every single player has got a free hit in the quarters. thanks. should be some tasty tackles flying in

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:34 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
airton? still developing but yeah, will be quality. they do bring in a hell of a lot of players, though, and have a lot of failures for every success.

i do like ramires. proper box to box midfielder, would do well in england.
Yeah, Benfica tend to play him out on the right which probably isn't ideal. As seen tonight, his natural position seems to be as that box-to-box central midfielder.

Benfica and Porto have both placed a big emphasis on getting the best young players from South America, and they definitely take the odd hit here and there, but they do seem to be getting a lot of the big ones right. Benfica could bring in a fortune this summer for Di Maria, Ramires, David Luiz and Cardozo.

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
can i just reiterate the point that every single player has got a free hit in the quarters. thanks. should be some tasty tackles flying in
Gilberto Silva and Felipe Melo vs Mark van Bommel and Nigel de Jong. The beautiful game

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:37 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
germany and argentina have been pleasant surprises, holland disappointing so far, spain what was expected. don't see how anybody couldn't have had brazil as favourites for the last year at least tbh.

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
germany and argentina have been pleasant surprises, holland disappointing so far, spain what was expected. don't see how anybody couldn't have had brazil as favourites for the last year at least tbh.

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:44 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Gilberto Silva and Felipe Melo vs Mark van Bommel and Nigel de Jong. The beautiful game
i've realised over the past couple of weeks that i actually do hate van bommel

Unread 29-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Camel

Quote:

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/vbooki...m&item_id=8680

Quote:
Holland
Outcome information
Current odds 12/1 (12.00)
Number of bets placed 6
Total amount staked 20344
Top bets on this Outcome
Bet placed by Amount staked Odds Amount won
borsuk 5000 12/1 (12.00) -
The Watcher 5000 12/1 (12.00) -
Ben 4089 12/1 (12.00) -
M-13 3235 12/1 (12.00) -
Mark Corrigan 2000 12/1 (12.00) -
Stubbsy 1020 12/1 (12.00) -

Unread 29-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Camel

btw, how do you say 'handed your arse to you on a plate' in polish, mate?

babelfish comes up with a reverse translation of 'traffic your arsenic she and plate in commercial policy badger?' so i thought it wiser not to use that.

Unread 29-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Stickman

Said Brazil/Higuain from the offset.

Should have put money on it, baffled as to why I didnt now

Unread 29-06-2010, 05:04 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
just realised it's only all those without a yellow have a free hit. van bommel's on a yellow for one. he'll probably not be in the semi anyway though, so he'll do something iniesta sly no doubt

Quote:
not sure tournament experts germany, or argentina, have been a surprise have they, especially not the argies with their sensational attack and mean streak. i know there was all that %@#$&!s trying to crack maradona, but...

pity mexico couldn't have taken proper advantage on the opening day though, since they'd be on course for the semis now probably.

Unread 29-06-2010, 07:30 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
odds were crap on brazil

Unread 29-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Switching Off

Fancy Portugal to do Spain tbh.

Unread 29-06-2010, 01:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Alright, smuggo

It is fair to say, however, that Dunga has had to endure a fair amount of stick from his own media, is it not??

Unread 29-06-2010, 01:45 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Alright, smuggo

It is fair to say, however, that Dunga has had to endure a fair amount of stick from his own media, is it not??
it is. he's not the easiest person to like and his team don't exactly play the beautiful game.

i was saying before the w/c - around the time of that idiotic england friendly in dubai or somewhere - that brazil are way ahead of everybody else but that i hoped they'd fail, just to stick a knife in the dunga pragmatic experiment. can't see anybody stopping them, sadly. i was hoping chile might do it but it was always a long shot and the suspensions made it even harder. germany look the best bet to do them now, can't see argentina getting anything against brazil tbh.
Closed Thread