United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:24 PM
legendary saf

Default Gary Neville

Been out since March. Was supposed to be back last weekend but it seems he got another setback. How much longer can the great man go on? Best RB in the league IMO and theres not too many out there who can replace him.

I'd say maybe 1 more season, and fingers crossed Alves won't join Chelsea this summer so we can pick him up next year.

Alves and Evra supporting Nani and Ronaldo on the wings.

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He's £#%&!ing injured you dozy #@&%!, should we have sold Scholes before last season. Alves and Evra as full backs, so basically playing with only two defenders? Seriously what is wrong with you? Lay off the computer games.

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:29 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
He's £#%&!ing injured you dozy #@&%!, should we have sold Scholes before last season. Alves and Evra as full backs, so basically playing with only two defenders? Seriously what is wrong with you? Lay off the computer games.
It's a totally different injury from Scholesy, listen i'm not saying we should sell him, far from it. It's just that I don't think he can be relied upon as much as before, he's getting more and more injuries and this latest one he's been out with since bloody March.

And RE Alves/Evra, hence the Smileys, I think it would be a tremendous risk but it would make for great viewing when they go forward.

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Been out since March. Was supposed to be back last weekend but it seems he got another setback. How much longer can the great man go on? Best RB in the league IMO and theres not too many out there who can replace him.

I'd say maybe 1 more season, and fingers crossed Alves won't join Chelsea this summer so we can pick him up next year.

Alves and Evra supporting Nani and Ronaldo on the wings.
oh £#%&! off.

If you had your way we'd have every position filled with a flamboyant johnny foreigner.

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:34 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Well said edward.

Let's play 1-1-8 next season, it's bound to work.

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Well said edward.

Let's play 1-1-8 next season, it's bound to work.
that's why I'm happy with Carrick, Hargreaves, Rooney and prospect of a season or two left with Scholes, Giggs and Nev.

It seems most peoples fantasy football answer to weak positions is to get the hot prospect from across the waters. And we sit here and slag Chelsea and Arsenal for it?

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:38 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf

Listen, Alves is the best RB avaliable on the market right now. I don't care about players passport, if they are the best I would like to see them at United. We have a good core of english players at the club and that's important but if we have a chance of getting Alves and we let it slip we'll regret it.....

Please tell me the names of some good young english players you'd sign for United avaliable on the market right now.....
how about this?

we don't need to sign anyone else right now so stop wasting your time picking Uniteds team from a Football Manager 2008 demo.

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Please tell me the names of some good young english players you'd sign for United avaliable on the market right now.....
Simpson

Hang on, we already have him.

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:44 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Simpson

Hang on, we already have him.
Unproven....

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Darth Vidic

And he will never get the chance if we keep buying other players.

I've liked Daniel since I saw him at a world youth cup (best player in the tournament for me), and I've wanted us to sign him for ages but Simpson has potential, and I'd like us to give him a chance first.

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:48 PM
violater

simmo will be a united player.

saf loves hims and even has told him to delete his myspace page

Unread 07-08-2007, 04:49 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
And he will never get the chance if we keep buying other players.

I've liked Daniel since I saw him at a world youth cup (best player in the tournament for me), and I've wanted us to sign him for ages but Simpson has potential, and I'd like us to give him a chance first.
Well he's being ignored by Fergie and a player like Brown whos uncomfortable at RB is being picked ahead of him so what can we do Darth?

Unread 07-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
simmo will be a united player.

saf loves hims and even has told him to delete his myspace page

Alves is not a right back, he's wing back.

Unread 07-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Well he's being ignored by Fergie and a player like Brown whos uncomfortable at RB is being picked ahead of him so what can we do Darth?
Nothing but to wait and see

Unread 07-08-2007, 05:22 PM
legendary saf

Wait till gary comes back, and then gets injured again with Brown going back to RB.

Unread 07-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Sloppy

We will be fine at 3pm tomoz.

Unread 07-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Shooter McGavin

We've got Brown, Simpson and even Bardsley (I know he's not the best) as Nev's back up.

When that #@&%! Heinze goes we'll be short at left back. I cant handle watching Tweetie playing again

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:24 AM
legendary saf

Neville still sidelined
Calf injury slows return

Manchester United captain Gary Neville is still a couple of weeks away from returning to action.

The England defender was sidelined for the final two months of last season after damaging his ankle against Bolton in March.

Neville underwent surgery on his injured ankle and had hoped to be fit for the start of new season.

However, he has now been slowed by a calf problem which Sir Alex Ferguson says will keep him out for a further two weeks.

"It will be another couple of weeks," Ferguson confirmed. "We are frustrated with the situation because the operation was fine.

"The surgeons did find a few little bits in there which they had to repair as well, which meant a longer recovery period but then Gary suffered a little setback with a calf injury.

"That sometimes happens when you are trying to compensate after an operation. So the ankle is okay, now the calf is the problem."

Meanwhile, Ferguson is confident Wayne Rooney will return from a hairline fracture of his foot in around two months.

"It is only a hairline but with any kind of fracture, you have to make sure it is dealt with properly," the Scot added.

"It is always difficult to be accurate because everyone is different. I think he should be back playing in eight or nine weeks."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...670739,00.html

Unread 20-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Whalefish

He had calf problems last season as well, and the year before.

Unread 24-08-2007, 11:41 AM
legendary saf

Another 2 weeks out.

Thigh injury.
Closed Thread