United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:56 AM
marlo stansfield

Default park yesterday

did anyone notice a few players reluctance to pass to him.

especially rooney who did it a number of times yesterday.

park should never play in part of the attacking three in a game if we go 4-3-3
the midfield 3 he can be the runner if we are desperate but not in a forward three. you just knew yesterday he wouldnt do arsenal any damage or get us a goal.

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Rhodzy

What I noticed was the result, 2-1 wasn't it.

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:58 AM
5 Cantona's

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
did anyone notice a few players reluctance to pass to him.

especially rooney who did it a number of times yesterday.

park should never play in part of the attacking three in a game if we go 4-3-3
the midfield 3 he can be the runner if we are desperate but not in a forward three. you just knew yesterday he wouldnt do arsenal any damage or get us a goal.
Especially when he ended up centre forward for a bit

Unread 14-04-2008, 11:59 AM
johnfuego

No, just you.

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Argentina

Rooney was reluctant to pass to a few players. And also to score a goal. Odd

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cantona's
Yeah that bit left me stumped. I very much doubt he'd have started if Nani was fit.

Still, didn't play badly. A very useful squad player.

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Cantona's
mental, especialy edwin and wes lumping balls forward at him

his running and movement are outstanding, he just doesn't seem to have the strength when he gets on the end of stuff though

since his come back he must have hit the deck 75% of the time he receives it

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Yeah that bit left me stumped. I very much doubt he'd have started if Nani was fit.

Still, didn't play badly. A very useful squad player.
True dat

The rotation works a treat & Park's willingness to run into the right areas bodes well, just wish he would develop some kind of composure or put his foot through it when in the sharp end.

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:04 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Rooney was reluctant to pass to a few players. And also to score a goal. Odd
was he?

i didnt notice a few players but it was very obvious with park.
there was a time park was in acres of space and calling for the ball but rooney went the other way....very noticable.

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:08 PM
puressence

park has been excellent since he came back you £#%&!ing mars bar

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Barca '91

Not suprising though is it in fairness. It happens at all levels of football, the good players never want to pass to the %@#$&!s cos they know they'll never get it back.

Park did well against Roma and in terms of effort you cant fault him but the bloke is a joke. I honestly cannot believe how he is a manchester united player, he just runs, falls over, runs, falls over and that's it.

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:11 PM
armchair

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
mental, especialy edwin and wes lumping balls forward at him

his running and movement are outstanding, he just doesn't seem to have the strength when he gets on the end of stuff though

since his come back he must have hit the deck 75% of the time he receives it
wins a lot of freekicks

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:13 PM
denis lawless

Park shouldnt even be at United.....hes like a Jack Russell, thats scoffed a full tube of blue smarties, in the local park chasing a bunch of kids playing football.....£#%&!in headless

minimum 1 air-kick per match........

hes only here to sell shirts in Asia......

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Whalefish

How do Utd benefit from shirt sales in Asia though? Utd get a set annual fee from Nike irrespective of the quantities sold.

His presence will certainly enable greater exposure but again I'm not sure how much £'s Utd benefit from it.

Still think he's a more than capable squad player tbh.

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:18 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
How do Utd benefit from shirt sales in Asia though? Utd get a set annual fee from Nike irrespective of the quantities sold.

His presence will certainly enable greater exposure but again I'm not sure how much £'s Utd benefit from it.

i think he is shit and im sure alot of the players do as well. rooney for one definately was reluctant to pass to him. i was suprised at how obvious it was yesterday.

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:20 PM
denis lawless

Quote:

it was a blanket statement.....raising and keeping at the fore-front the profile of the club in Asia...which enhances the clubs position when discussing contracts with Nike and TV etc .......all well n good but its doesnt mean hes a first 11 player (from a purely sporting point of view)

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:21 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Park shouldnt even be at United.....hes like a Jack Russell, thats scoffed a full tube of blue smarties, in the local park chasing a bunch of kids playing football.....£#%&!in headless

minimum 1 air-kick per match........

hes only here to sell shirts in Asia......
Unfair. They can't all be superstars, he's a valuable squad member.

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:21 PM
dodger

Quote:

all true

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:23 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Unfair. They can't all be superstars, he's a valuable squad member.
i have the same horrible sensation when i see him on the team sheet as i had when Ashley Grimes used to grace the pitch

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:25 PM
dunk

He did alright in that 1st half, the only one of the front 3 eager to drop off and offer the midfield a short pass, also constantly working to find space to receive the ball. The biggest problem he had, as did a lot of United players in the 1st half, is he found himself complete isolated and lacking support when ever he received it.

Can't be faulted for effort, suffered because of the extra hard work Arsenal put in.
Closed Thread