United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up Rooney

Thought he was awesome today, gave arsenals back line many problems.

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Ether

Yep, gave his all as usual. Him and Ronnie looked our only hope of scoring for most of the game.

I would mention the fact that he should have tucked one of his chances away though, but don't want to give MJ any more trouble with his blood pressure

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:50 PM
RedOx

Agreed. Shame he couldn't get himself a goal but was superb all round playing some fantastic balls all over the park not to mention constantly being on the arsenal defenders backs.

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:51 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I would mention the fact that he should have tucked one of his chances away though, but don't want to give MJ any more trouble with his blood pressure
i wanted to post that but honestly id have mj ramone on my case for a week.

he has only just stopped quoting my posts with his italic paragraphs.

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:53 PM
ivan9188

Worked very head today, just wished he was more clinical.

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:54 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan9188
just wished he was more clinical.
confirmed.

i must warn you ivan...he will be here soon. not rooney but his erm...biggest fan.

Unread 13-04-2008, 06:54 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Thought he was awesome today, gave arsenals back line many problems.
You can never slag him for his workrate or his commitment, absolutely immense and a credit to the club, but his finishing at times you can find fault with.

Unread 13-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Rossobianchi

Rooney was great today. Yet there is no excuses for the amount of one on ones he misses. He really needs to put a few in the net. COME ON WAYNE JUST £#%&!ING SMASH THEM IF YOUR NOT SURE!

Unread 13-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Coracao

Rooney has never been a finisher. He is a creator.

The fact that he performs so well in the role he is given by Fergie is a credit to the lad.

He works tirelessly for the team, no matter what role he is given. Ronaldo could take note at times of how Rooney tracks back for the team, especially today.

We won't see the best of Rooney until he is paired with a class centre forward.

Unread 13-04-2008, 07:07 PM
RedOx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Rooney has never been a finisher. He is a creator.

The fact that he performs so well in the role he is given by Fergie is a credit to the lad.

He works tirelessly for the team, no matter what role he is given. Ronaldo could take note at times of how Rooney tracks back for the team, especially today.

We won't see the best of Rooney until he is paired with a class centre forward.
Good post, spot on. Rooney has never been an out an out goal scorer and he never will be thats not his game. Why can't people understand that?

Unread 13-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOx
Good post, spot on. Rooney has never been an out an out goal scorer and he never will be thats not his game. Why can't people understand that?
Because RvN scored loads of goals. Most people think that a forward has only one role. Rooney does an incredible amount of work for the team, goalscoring is a secondary concern - unless the work suddenly stops, which is most unlikely.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Serenity Now

Rooney was excellent, as usual. His off-the-ball movement was fantastic, his work-rate was outstanding, he fought for absolutely everything, and always looked like making something happen. Of the players who started, I thought he and Evra were the only ones who really performed at a consistently high level over the 90 minutes.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
Because RvN scored loads of goals. Most people think that a forward has only one role. Rooney does an incredible amount of work for the team, goalscoring is a secondary concern - unless the work suddenly stops, which is most unlikely.
I think it's more perfectionism.

If Rooney did put away every chance, he'd possibly be competing with Ronaldo for world's best player.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:50 PM
edwin

Rooney is one of the most unselfish players I have ever seen

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
I think it's more perfectionism.

If Rooney did put away every chance, he'd possibly be competing with Ronaldo for world's best player.
No possibly about it, he'd be right up there.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Billy Baroo

rooney is utterly brilliant, the inspiration and passion that drives us on and easily my favotite player in this side

i can't pretend his ratio for one on ones isn't very poor though

if he put away half of them he'd have another 10 more goals this year

if he can work on being that bit more clinical he will be unstoppable

how a lad of his size can be so strong, quick and powerful to occupy 2 centre backs, pressure them into mistakes to create chances for himself and win more than he is entitled to in the air...it never ceases to amaze me

to me he is what being utd is all about

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Ed Sullivan

you can say that again

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Absolutely. Rooney is a phenomenal footballer. If his finishing in one-on-ones was at the same level as everything else he does, I don't think there'd be any doubt as to who the best striker in world football is.

When you look at what he brings the table - vision, creativity, movement, energy, commitment, spirit, generosity - it's no wonder everyone at the club loves him. He must be an absolute dream to play with and train with every day.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Grimson

He must be an absolute nightmare to play against. He can beat a defender so many ways - a nifty turn like at Roma, outpace them over short distances, or simply bull his way past. I would love to hear what opposing defenders have to say after games against United. "Thank £#%&! that's over!" is my guess.

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Coracao

The annoying thing is, his finishing seems to have become worse over the past 2 seasons. Strange one. It definitely needs working on.
Closed Thread