United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-04-2008, 11:58 AM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
and then go on to make exactly the case as to why its advantage united.

It is a european cup semi final after all.
There's no doubt we have the advantage and that many things are in our favour for Tuesday, but ....

It wouldn't take much to wipe them out, an early Barca goal for instance - a dodgy penalty, a bad deflection etc.

We have very little margin for error, we're not even allowed a draw - even a single goal lead will be torture for the last part of the game.

Maybe it's better that way, that we just need to do whatever it takes to finish the game with more goals than them - we tend to be better when we need to go for it.

It will be tense stuff though, we could certainly do with something like last year's Roma game

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:13 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
if we can beat barca in a one leg game with home advantage then we're in the cl final. offer me that at the start of the season and i'd have bitten your hand off.
this is why I'm proud to be a vegetarian.

I've always thought you were a bit mad, but now I'm picturing you with a muzzle and a bottle of chianti and a straw.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:25 PM
Barca '91

If we'd have drawn 0-0 at home in the first leg you's lot would have been shitting all over your £#%&!ing selves and foaming at the mouths ready to tell all and sundry how £#%&!ing shite the manager and ALL the players are. Yet Barcelona do it and it's advantage them?? Thick @#%&!s.

I'm £#%&!ing pissed off we played like complete @#%&! but lets not forget you stupid fat @#%&!s that we're top of the league by 4 points taking into account GD and in the semi-final of the european cup.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
If we'd have drawn 0-0 at home in the first leg you's lot would have been shitting all over your £#%&!ing selves and foaming at the mouths ready to tell all and sundry how £#%&!ing shite the manager and ALL the players are. Yet Barcelona do it and it's advantage them?? Thick @#%&!s.

I'm £#%&!ing pissed off we played like complete @#%&! but lets not forget you stupid fat @#%&!s that we're top of the league by 4 points taking into account GD and in the semi-final of the european cup.
spot on

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

Using foul language like that just highlights your lack of vocabulary.
You £#%&!ing shitebag.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Using foul language like that just highlights your lack of vocabulary.
You £#%&!ing shitebag.
I'd just stubbed my toe moments prior to posting that. My apologies to all.

Most of you are thick though.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:

Who are you calling a stupid fat @#%&!, @#%&!y?

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Ether

Quote:
we're top of the league by 4 points taking into account GD
Stop talking shite.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:41 PM
mr.sitter

now all that's left is one game....it's a game at home..and all we have to do is win...imagine if it was the final and we had home advantage.we'd have to win anyway..why is this not a great scenario ?

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Stop talking shite.
Whats shite about that? That, you doughnut, is factamundo.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Who are you calling a stupid fat @#%&!, @#%&!y?
You have put on a bit of Terry, so I've heard Edward.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
You have put on a bit of Terry, so I've heard Edward.
Holiday weight.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Ether

Quote:
Whats shite about that? That, you doughnut, is factamundo.
No it isn't. If they get 4 more points than us over the next 3 games, then they win the league. Our goal difference matters not a jot. Our GD is like having a 3 and a half point lead, not 4. Fact

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Holiday weight.
Fat bastard.

Unread 24-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
we won't know till tuesday night who it was better for

hth
Correct.

Unread 24-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
No it isn't. If they get 4 more points than us over the next 3 games, then they win the league. Our goal difference matters not a jot. Our GD is like having a 3 and a half point lead, not 4. Fact
So they have to get 4 more points than us not 3? Thank you....goodbye

Unread 24-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Ether

Quote:
Yes. So we're not 'top of the league by 4 points'. Get it?

Unread 24-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:

GD is not worth a point.

0.9999999999... at most.

Unread 24-04-2008, 01:09 PM
S/Side.Red

It's not a great result, but I think we have a slight advantage.

Given Barca's somewhat suspect ability to keep a clean sheet away from home, they may well feel they will have to score twice at Old Trafford to go through. Given that they couldn't create a single clear-cut opportunity in ninety minutes at Camp Nou despite having 65% of possession, I can't see them being overly confident of opening us up twice at OT, especially with Vidic hopefully back in the side.

We also have the advantage of knowing exactly what we need to do. Only a win is good enough. I always think it's good to have a clear objective in these games.

I expect a more adventurous United on Tuesday and with the crowd behind the lads I don't think Barca will be able to cope with us.

Unread 24-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's not a great result, but I think we have a slight advantage.

Given Barca's somewhat suspect ability to keep a clean sheet away from home, they may well feel they will have to score twice at Old Trafford to go through. Given that they couldn't create a single clear-cut opportunity in ninety minutes at Camp Nou despite having 65% of possession, I can't see them being overly confident of opening us up twice at OT, especially with Vidic hopefully back in the side.
We also have the advantage of knowing exactly what we need to do. Only a win is good enough. I always think it's good to have a clear objective in these games.

I expect a more adventurous United on Tuesday and with the crowd behind the lads I don't think Barca will be able to cope with us.
The major difference being that I expect/hope United will play a tad more avdenturously than they did last night. The by-product of attacking football being that you leave yourself open at the back...
Closed Thread