United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The annoying thing is, his finishing seems to have become worse over the past 2 seasons. Strange one. It definitely needs working on.
we forget how old he is though!

plenty of time to become the very best around

Unread 13-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He must be an absolute nightmare to play against. He can beat a defender so many ways - a nifty turn like at Roma, outpace them over short distances, or simply bull his way past. I would love to hear what opposing defenders have to say after games against United. "Thank £#%&! that's over!" is my guess.
Yep. And he never stops going either. Chasing everything, fighting for every ball, dropping deep, moving out wide, running behind, playing one-twos, dribbling, switching the play. It must just be totally exhausting to face him - both mentally and physically.

Unread 13-04-2008, 10:06 PM
magic_cantona

I keep saying it, I'm not worried at all with his finishing/scoring.His game, even without scoring, is awesome.

What he brings to our team is (and I hate using this word) immense.

Unread 13-04-2008, 10:09 PM
Grimson

Yeah, that's the other thing - when defenders win a ball in their own half, they have to know he'll be steaming in. We've scored a few goals from panicky giveaways because of that, but in the larger picture what it does is keep teams from playing out of the back and turning defence into attack.

Unread 13-04-2008, 10:18 PM
ivan9188

Agree with what everyone is saying about what rooney brings to the team -chasing back etc. but it kills me too see him sometimes when on the counter attack that he is very deep in our own half or like spurs away, having to defend.That is why in the summer, signing a striker that rooney could play off, would show what he's about.

Unread 13-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Father Christmas

Never ceases to amaze the number who wants us to have an out-and-out goalscorer. As if we were useless at scoring.

Unread 13-04-2008, 10:46 PM
ivan9188

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Never ceases to amaze the number who wants us to have an out-and-out goalscorer. As if we were useless at scoring.
Think we're heavily reliant on ronnie.

Unread 13-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Father Christmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan9188
Think we're heavily reliant on ronnie.
If he wasn't scoring it'd be someone else. We attack for fun at the moment. God forbid we go back to the RVN days when the team laboured for 90 minutes trying to create chances for him to tuck away. All he could do was score and when he didn't we were £#%&!ed.

Unread 13-04-2008, 10:53 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
If he wasn't scoring it'd be someone else. We attack for fun at the moment. God forbid we go back to the RVN days when the team laboured for 90 minutes trying to create chances for him to tuck away. All he could do was score and when he didn't we were £#%&!ed.
Spot on.

Unread 13-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Yeah, that's the other thing - when defenders win a ball in their own half, they have to know he'll be steaming in. We've scored a few goals from panicky giveaways because of that, but in the larger picture what it does is keep teams from playing out of the back and turning defence into attack.
Exactly. As a defender, you have to watch him like a hawk when he has the ball, when he's making a run off the ball, and even when you have the ball. You can't relax for a moment.

Unread 13-04-2008, 11:06 PM
ivan9188

Quote:
Lilke who exactly?

Saha-may as well have Stevie Wonder on the bench

Rooney aint exactly firing on all cylinders

Tev-Not a clinical finisher.

Unread 14-04-2008, 12:56 AM
Enjoying Insanity

I'm sorry, all those slagging Rooney's "finishing", can I just ask you exactly what did super-duper, best-player ever Ronaldo do, apart from score a penalty ???

Stop slagging our best player, Wayne Rooney.

Unread 14-04-2008, 01:06 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
I'm sorry, all those slagging Rooney's "finishing", can I just ask you exactly what did super-duper, best-player ever Ronaldo do, apart from score a penalty ???

Stop slagging our best player, Wayne Rooney.
he scored a penalty which was a big penalty to take. and then he had to take it again which requires balls of steal.

the fact that he takes our penalties says alot actually and tbh if you actually can look at our team and rooney is our best player you are either stupid or on a wum.

you have turned this thread into a player against player thread as no one was mentioning ronaldo but while we are at it....

ITS NOT EVEN £#%&!ING CLOSE ANYMORE WHO OUR BEST PLAYER IS AND EVERYONE FROM SAF TO EVEN ROONEY KNOWS WHO IT IS.

(guess its a fluke that HE is the highest scorer in the league, champions league and international qualifiers and the winner of every major individual awards last year and most probably this year)

Unread 14-04-2008, 01:12 AM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
he scored a penalty which was a big penalty to take. and then he had to take it again which requires balls of steal.

the fact that he takes our penalties says alot actually and tbh if you actually can look at our team and rooney is our best player you are either stupid or on a wum.

you have turned this thread into a player against player thread as no one was mentioning ronaldo but while we are at it....

ITS NOT EVEN £#%&!ING CLOSE ANYMORE WHO OUR BEST PLAYER IS AND EVERYONE FROM SAF TO EVEN ROONEY KNOWS WHO IT IS.

(guess its a fluke that HE is the highest scorer in the league, champions league and international qualifiers and the winner of every major individual awards last year and most probably this year)
Yes our best, and most important player is Mr Wayne Rooney.

And as for taking a penalty, I've taken penalties in the past, it's not difficult.

Unread 14-04-2008, 01:20 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The annoying thing is, his finishing seems to have become worse over the past 2 seasons. Strange one. It definitely needs working on.
True. All the other aspects of his game have improved as much as we could have hoped since he's been here, but there's no doubt he was far more clinical in terms of finishing during his first couple of seasons.

Unread 14-04-2008, 01:27 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
Freudian slip? Or perhaps Jungian?

Unread 14-04-2008, 01:39 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
And as for taking a penalty, I've taken penalties in the past, it's not difficult.
ffs

Unread 14-04-2008, 02:34 AM
Ether

Quote:

I scored a few one on one's in the past, it's not difficult.

Btw, nobody is 'slagging' Rooney. It seems everytime someone dares to suggest that there's a part of his game that could improve, the usual nuthuggers jump into the thread and start accusing everyone of tearing him apart which is never the case. It's bizarre.

The really £#%&!ing stupid ones of course always mount a needless defence of Rooney by having a go at Ronnie. Real genius stuff that

Unread 14-04-2008, 03:50 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
we forget how old he is though!

plenty of time to become the very best around
By that time his other facets of game might have degressed... I doubt looking at rooney, he will be the same around when he is 28. he is physically at his peak now. should cash in more on that.

Unread 14-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOx
Good post, spot on. Rooney has never been an out an out goal scorer and he never will be thats not his game. Why can't people understand that?
because a lot of people on this board dont understand or have never played, the game of football
Closed Thread