United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-06-2008, 03:16 PM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

eto'o'o'o'o'o'o would score a £#%&!ing sack full for united!

Unread 25-06-2008, 03:17 PM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Bit Sahaesque fitness wise recently though. Missed half of the pasty 2 seasons, possibly why Barca are willing to let him go?
if we keep saha we might get a full season out of them between the 2 of them!!

Unread 25-06-2008, 03:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
if we keep saha we might get a full season out of them between the 2 of them!!
No we'd get half a season from Eto'o and half a game from porcelain Louis.

Unread 25-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Are you sure?

Seem to recall him having a blinder against us last season, and also playing well against Arsenal and Chelsea.

Yep.

He was fantastic against Arsenal at the Emirates, against us at OT and in the Carling Cup Final.

Unread 25-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Spurs apparantly bidding for Villa make him dispensible. Surely we'd be better off with Villa?
I wouldn't want either. Berbatov is a lazy git and he isnt what we need.

I have doubts about how Villa would settle in the Premiership. He'll probably stay in Spain anyway.

Unread 25-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Alan

Berbatov, what a great idea.

That would give us 3 'strikers' who prefer to play from deeper areas.

What we really DON'T want is a centre forward to give some variation to our tactics and to bring out the best in Rooney.

No way.

Unread 25-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I share antonin's skepticism regarding Berbatov tbh. He's clearly talented but he looks pretty slow, seems to have has an attitude problem, is pushing 30 and will be dear as £#%&!.

I'd rather take Darren Bent off Spurs if the 8 mil that was quoted in the papers is true.
I'd bite Spurs' hand off at that price.

People would be fuming if we blew £25m on Berbatov, only for him to stroll around the pitch haughtily Ballack-style.

Unread 25-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Baron

Berbatov & his attitude...

Seems it depends on what day you catch him as to how you form your opinion.

He'd undoubtably flourish in a footballing side whose midfield isn't complete toss. He can easily play further up the pitch, he's just had to drop off a lot at Spurs due to the ineptitude of their midfield. Jenas & Zokora compared with Carrick, The Cougar, Anderson & the Ginger Prince? £#%&! me. Yeah, he'll desperately want to come & pick it up from deep...

We should have followed through & got him for £10,7m when Spurs took him. Bargain.

Unread 25-06-2008, 05:13 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey

People would be fuming if we blew £25m on Berbatov, only for him to stroll around the pitch haughtily Ballack-style.
I hate the @#%&!, but he's found his form this season.

He's been brilliant for club and country.

Unread 25-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey

I do like Bent always have done. Rooney and Tevez should be a start two forwards going in to the season so ideally we'd want someone who basically offers what a fit Louis did to the team and I think Bent could be it and it does look like he is not amongst Ramos' plans. Cheeky bid and if that 8 mil is right it's a £#%&!ing bargain.

Unread 25-06-2008, 05:37 PM
Baron

European Champions lose Ronaldo, sign Darren £#%&!ing Bent.

I could weep.

He's not in the same league as Saha as a footballer, although he might be able to stay fit.

Why anyone would want Bent instead of Berbatov... inexplicable.

Unread 25-06-2008, 06:15 PM
BarryX

I think all this Berbatov being mardy nonsence was all down to the fact that he realized he could and should have been playing for United. Fergie and co will soon sort out that attitude, and the fact that he would instantly attain a much higher global profile (and advertising cheques) would keep a cheeky smile on his face.

Unread 25-06-2008, 06:19 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

I could weep.

He's not in the same league as Saha as a footballer, although he might be able to stay fit.

Spot on.

Unread 25-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Barca '91

Quote:
Why wouldn't you want him then?
Because he's a hard worker and would fit in well with our team stoopid

Unread 25-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

I could weep.

Indeed.

I'd rather pay £30m for Berbatov than a tenner for Darren £#%&!ing Bent.

Unread 25-06-2008, 07:22 PM
borsuk

bent lacks the talent for a top side. ffs, he lacks the talent to get into spurs' side.

i've come round to berbatov. i've never doubted the talent - that stands out a mile - and he can certainly play a role for us. whether he likes to drop deep or stay up the field isn't really important imo, though he's talented and intelligent enough to play either role. the question is more whether he would be able to provide a focus for our attacks - someone for rooney, tevez, ronnie, nani et al to run off. i don't think there's any doubt he'd be an excellent choice for that.

no, the only doubt for me is his attitude. i've got concerns there but creating hunger and desire in a player is one area where no-one can deny fergie excels. if berbatov came he'd be no different. if ronnie goes berbatov would be an excellent choice, plus someone who can play wide. just not stewart £#%&!ing downing.

Unread 25-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
bent lacks the talent for a top side. ffs, he lacks the talent to get into spurs' side.

i've come round to berbatov. i've never doubted the talent - that stands out a mile - and he can certainly play a role for us. whether he likes to drop deep or stay up the field isn't really important imo, though he's talented and intelligent enough to play either role. the question is more whether he would be able to provide a focus for our attacks - someone for rooney, tevez, ronnie, nani et al to run off. i don't think there's any doubt he'd be an excellent choice for that.

no, the only doubt for me is his attitude. i've got concerns there but creating hunger and desire in a player is one area where no-one can deny fergie excels. if berbatov came he'd be no different. if ronnie goes berbatov would be an excellent choice, plus someone who can play wide. just not stewart £#%&!ing downing.
Saha?

Unread 25-06-2008, 07:28 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Saha?
exception that proves the rule?

Unread 25-06-2008, 07:41 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
There's no doubt that Fergie instils a winning mentality in his teams, but it's not all a one way process; I don't think there's any doubt that he also looks for players players who have the right type of personality - that innate drive to succeed that Ferguson himself possesses in spades.

Indeed, if you watch his interview with Frost, when asked about what he looks for in a player, aside from the ability of the player, Fergie made a big point about how he looks for players with a natural enthusiasm for the game. Players who will maintain their work-rate and their hunger for success for season after season, and trophy after trophy.

And he's always said that he looks his players in the eye before the start of the season to see if they still have that desire to succeed. And if he doesn't think it's there anymore... Well, we all know what happens then.

Unread 25-06-2008, 08:00 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
There's no doubt that Fergie instils a winning mentality in his teams, but it's not all a one way process; I don't think there's any doubt that he also looks for players players who have the right type of personality - that innate drive to succeed that Ferguson himself possesses in spades.

Indeed, if you watch his interview with Frost, when asked about what he looks for in a player, aside from the ability of the player, Fergie made a big point about how he looks for players with a natural enthusiasm for the game. Players who will maintain their work-rate and their hunger for success for season after season, and trophy after trophy.

And he's always said that he looks his players in the eye before the start of the season to see if they still have that desire to succeed. And if he doesn't think it's there anymore... Well, we all know what happens then.
true enough. i suppose what i really mean is i trust fergie to look into his eyes and make the decision.
Closed Thread