United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Yeah the lad King is the one Ole recommended I think?

As Carrick says this is the best set of Youth players we have had since the Beckham and Scholes days.

Unread 01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yeah the lad King is the one Ole recommended I think?

As Carrick says this is the best set of Youth players we have had since the Beckham and Scholes days.
I think it is yes..it was either King of Eikrem..both norwegian.

Unread 01-08-2008, 03:41 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Final on BBC NI tonight.

Unread 01-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Lok

You can watch highlights here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/milkcup/

There's a couple of players who look really promising. James really controls the games and looks excellent. I know it's been said before but it's like watching a man play against kids.

Macheda is scoring for fun and looks a good prospect.

Unread 01-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
I think it is yes..it was either King of Eikrem..both norwegian.
It was King mate, Eikrem has been there a while. Nowhere near as good as King as he is a touch lightweight, not a bad player though.

Cheers Scousebasher btw, top man.

Unread 01-08-2008, 04:14 PM
keano's love

kids to watch out : Ajose, started playing for under 18 when he was 16. From manchester ( if I am right ) too.

james Norwood : England under-17 captain and has hit some shit hot long rangers for u-18.

macheda - most know about him by now.

petrucci - looks like another one for "in the hole" role. Dunno how successful he will be with tevez and rooney already there.

Josua king -- recommended by Ole. Good pace and strength. Looks clumsy though.

brandao -- capped by portugal under 19s at the age of 15. Excellent pace and strength!!

cathcart -- rated higher than evans by some at united, will be going on loan this season.

zeiler -- who was rated as the best goalkeeper in his age around europe in germany, seems like a poor mans casillas. flaps too much. injuries may have taken their toll though.

cleverley -- another fletcher in the making me thinks.

drinkwater -- excellent name and some long range shooting. in the mould of johnson of city but doubt he will be good enough for united.

hewson -- journey man.

Unread 01-08-2008, 04:19 PM
wee man

Finals night is live on BBC2 Northern Ireland from 6-10pm tonight so anyone with Sky should get it ok.

Unread 01-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
kids to watch out : Ajose, started playing for under 18 when he was 16. From manchester ( if I am right ) too.

james Norwood : England under-17 captain and has hit some shit hot long rangers for u-18.

macheda - most know about him by now.

petrucci - looks like another one for "in the hole" role. Dunno how successful he will be with tevez and rooney already there.

Josua king -- recommended by Ole. Good pace and strength. Looks clumsy though.

brandao -- capped by portugal under 19s at the age of 15. Excellent pace and strength!!

cathcart -- rated higher than evans by some at united, will be going on loan this season.

zeiler -- who was rated as the best goalkeeper in his age around europe in germany, seems like a poor mans casillas. flaps too much. injuries may have taken their toll though.

cleverley -- another fletcher in the making me thinks.

drinkwater -- excellent name and some long range shooting. in the mould of johnson of city but doubt he will be good enough for united.

hewson -- journey man.
Is it not Oliver Norwood?

If you have not included Matthew James on that list you need shooting. He has been the best player in that milk cup by a £#%&!ing mile.

Unread 01-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Finals night is live on BBC2 Northern Ireland from 6-10pm tonight so anyone with Sky should get it ok.
Do you know what time kick off is please?

Unread 01-08-2008, 04:23 PM
wee man

Quote:
Do you know what time kick off is please?
2 matches on - both at Coleraine Showgrounds - not sure of the order though

Unread 01-08-2008, 04:24 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
2 matches on - both at Coleraine Showgrounds - not sure of the order though
ok cheers

Unread 01-08-2008, 04:26 PM
wee man

Quote:
ok cheers