United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2008, 12:05 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

yeah....all well n good...but i still think some hot shit through the letterbox wouldnt go amiss

Unread 16-05-2008, 12:06 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Just seen that on SSN, he seemed pissed off.
He said Manchester United too.
Pissed off with the journos?

Unread 16-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

He wont be on his way unless the glazers want to cash in - he only signed a contract a year or so ago and he's tied to the club for at least 3 or 4 more years. It's really not up to him to decide whether he wants to play in spain or not, it's up to the glazers/fergie/gill as to whether they are willing to release him.

The glazers though will be fully aware that he's probably at his peak value right now, early 20s playing with more maturity etc and lets face it, even without ronaldo we could probably buy a decent striker and still be challenging for everything in england such is our current squad. From a business perspective an injection of say 60m cash could be pretty useful, you can bet they are discussing it, gill and fergie might well say no way but they dont run the club the glazers do.

Unread 16-05-2008, 07:02 AM
erictheking7

£40 million transfer fee? Yeah ok, get £#%&!ed!

Unread 16-05-2008, 07:50 AM
forzagarza

Get rid of the spotty Spanish @#%&!

Unread 16-05-2008, 08:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Isn't this an old interview. Exactly the same quotes were out last week from La Marca, Graham Hunter was on about 'em and they ended up in the English press. Seems they are using one interview to destabilise us, first print it, then when that dies down, show the interview. A sort of campaign and the English press eat it up.

Unread 16-05-2008, 08:22 AM
edwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
He wont be on his way unless the glazers want to cash in - he only signed a contract a year or so ago and he's tied to the club for at least 3 or 4 more years. It's really not up to him to decide whether he wants to play in spain or not, it's up to the glazers/fergie/gill as to whether they are willing to release him.

The glazers though will be fully aware that he's probably at his peak value right now, early 20s playing with more maturity etc and lets face it, even without ronaldo we could probably buy a decent striker and still be challenging for everything in england such is our current squad. From a business perspective an injection of say 60m cash could be pretty useful, you can bet they are discussing it, gill and fergie might well say no way but they dont run the club the glazers do.

His transfer value is never going to be higher than it is now. can't see him scoring 40 plus games again in a season

Unread 16-05-2008, 08:32 AM
El Calafate

he's off. every summer we have the same things coming out. if he wants to go let him go. but utd should ask for a world record transfer fee. which is almost £50m.

nft.

Unread 16-05-2008, 08:45 AM
redrose

Unhappy Let me just say something...

...I hope and believe (just) that this is the usual Madrid & ABU based crap.

However, when Eric played his last game I saw (before it was announced) that it was his last game. I said to my mates at the time, I don't believe we'll see Eric next year. I was right.

When Beckham played his last game vs Everton, you could see in his reaction, even though we lifted the title, that it was his last game. OK, didn't need to be Nostradamus to know that after the boot kicking incident, Madrid rumours etc. But you could see it in his eyes.

Ronnie on Sunday. The MUTV footage in the dressing room. He joined in some of the mayhem, but while others still sprayed the shampoo, Ronnie sat quietly on his own on a bench watching.

The worst thing of all. During the Man Utd Player Awards, when Rosenthal inadvertently worded a question poorly - " Cristiano, now that you have achieved so much in this country, what else is there to achieve in another country?". What he alluded to was the CL Final, but Ronnie was taken aback & caught speechless for a moment or two. It seemed he was thinking "what are you asking me? How do you know this?". Rosenthal explained himself further "Are you looking forward to achieving even more in Moscow?". The penny dropped with Ron & he gave his answer.

I was alarmed then. And I am now. Even more so now.

I'm a known Doomlord, so I just hope & pray I'm wrong!

Unread 16-05-2008, 08:47 AM
captain scarlet

I cannot help but feel ticked off that this surfaces immediately prior to a champions league final.

A transfer pantomine is the last thing needed.

Unread 16-05-2008, 08:54 AM
rebelcountyred

even if we were to get a record transfer fee madrid would want to pay it in installments over the next hundred years, tbh i fear the worst, can see ronnie legging it this summer, he would struggle to surpass this season and the meeja would have a field day. Madrid must seem an attractive option for the lad for a number of reasons (climate, spanish girlfriend, nice white kit which will contrast nicely with his tan), we'd miss him bigtime but who could we get to replace him?

Unread 16-05-2008, 08:58 AM
JakeB

People can brush it under the carpet all they want, I do get the impression he cant wait to bugger off to sunny spain.

Unread 16-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
People can brush it under the carpet all they want, I do get the impression he cant wait to bugger off to sunny spain.
I get that feeling too.

Unread 16-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Sometimes I love him sometimes I think that chaps a @#%&!.
He's probably doing this to stroke his over inflated ego but the timing is £#%&!ing terrible.

Unread 16-05-2008, 09:01 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
He's probably doing this to stroke his over inflated ego but the timing is £#%&!ing terrible.
contrast this with Rio, who was delighted to sign again. Rio could go to any team in the world, if he wanted. nft.

Unread 16-05-2008, 09:03 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Exactly.

Even if he is just keeping his options open, or messing around...dont £#%&!ing do it during the build up for a champions league final

Not once have I seen him directly say he'll be here next season.

Unread 16-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
He's Portugese, what do you expect?

I don't know. He's a Manchester United player and a great one but the team is the most important and if he wants to go then let him go. He's done the business for us and let's hope he continues to do so.

There's no point having somebody play for us if he's not happy.

rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
contrast this with Rio, who was delighted to sign again. Rio could go to any team in the world, if he wanted. nft.
rio has matured a lot in the last couple of years, quality player now.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
ronnie signed with no fuss last year.

Unread 16-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Whalefish

I don't really care tbh. If he does want to leave, he knows where the door is. If he wants to stay brilliant but I'm not going to get worked up about it. My guess is he's after another bumper pay rise from Utd before leaving in a year or two.
Closed Thread