United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:59 PM
JakeB

Default Not the best timing from Ronaldo..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv... &ito=newsnow

"I am feeling happy here and I am feeling calm here. But let us see what happens after the Champions League Final. I am feeling happy but in the future I don't know."

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Fatboy Shrek

People are still reading this tripe?

I can see us in 2014 panicking like £#%&! as Real are trying to unsettle him with talks of £1.8million a week.

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:04 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Talking to Mexican TV?

It's getting boring now and i feel Ronnie is getting bored of answering the same questions week in week out.

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Sparky***

he must get sick to the £#%&!ing back teeth of answering the same £#%&!ing questions over and over and over.

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:05 PM
armchair

They ask him about the future. He says he's in the here and now.

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:10 PM
Spiffy

I'd laugh if he said he'd signed for Real Madrid. The interviewer thinks he's got an exclusive "have you" "No now stop £#%&!ing asking me". It might shut them up for 2-3 days.

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Ed Sullivan

I think it's his English.

He doesn't have the vocab available to him to say 'get £#%&!ed' so he always leaves it sounding dubious.

He's not going anyway. To quote a once great forumista 'look at how happy he is...look at his face, his body language...he loves it here'.

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Ether

'Ronaldo's bombshell - I am unable to see into the future'

Jesus. Serious stuff lads

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:23 PM
Sparky***

he knows pretty much that he could turn around and say "yeah, i want to stay at united for 10 years" but we'd all know that it would be bullshit, and he doesn't strike me as the type of bloke who would lie for the sake of it.

He's always said as long as he's happy, he'll stay. And I believe him.

Unread 15-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Sloppy

In other words '£#%&! off with this shit and let me concentrate on wednesday'.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:28 PM
magic_cantona

I've just seen the interview on Sky Sports News.

He says (not exact words): "Im very happy in Manchester and want to stay.But, I would like to play in Spain.........eventually."

The interviewer then says "Can you assure the United fans that you'll be here next season?"

And Ronnie says "You never know."

For £#%&! sake, the lad isn't going to spend his entire career at United.Who's stunned by that news?In a few years, he'll go, we'll get a record price and we'll thank him for helping us win lots of trophies and for becoming a United legend.And that's that.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I've just seen the interview on Sky Sports News.

He says (not exact words): "Im very happy in Manchester and want to stay.But, I would like to play in Spain.........eventually."

The interviewer then says "Can you assure the United fans that you'll be here next season?"

And Ronnie says "You never know."
Eh? Is that what he said ?

People do tend to overeact alot with him but he doesn't help - why doesn't he just say. "YES I WILL BE AT UNITED NEXT SEASON".

That says to me "Probably, but I'm willing to listen to offers".

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Eh? Is that what he said ?

People do tend to overeact alot with him but he doesn't help - why doesn't he just say. "YES I WILL BE AT UNITED NEXT SEASON".

That says to me "Probably, but I'm willing to listen to offers".
That IS what he said.Watch SSN.

The interviewer kept fishing, and Ronnie would only say "I'm happy, I want to stay but you never know what happens in the future."

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Rhodzy

The interview was conducted by Madrid based media too.
We need legendary saf back on here to calm our nerves.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
The interview was conducted by Madrid based media too.
We need legendary saf back on here to calm our nerves.
Are we talking about the same interview?

The one on SSN tonight was at the Football Writers Awards do.The interview was done by Sky Sports.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
why doesn't he just say. "YES I WILL BE AT UNITED NEXT SEASON".
He'll have been told a hundred times by his agent not to say that.

The problem with assuring United fans that he will be here, from the agent's standpoint, is that it is the threat of leaving that will keep pushing his wages up.

That's the modern game. Probably the agent being greedy moreso than Ronnie.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:43 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Are we talking about the same interview?

The one on SSN tonight was at the Football Writers Awards do.The interview was done by Sky Sports.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle3941762.ece

Quote:
in an interview with a Madrid-based television station

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:45 PM
koppas

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:45 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Hmmmmmm.............

Unread 16-05-2008, 12:01 AM
Rhodzy

Just seen that on SSN, he seemed pissed off.
He said Manchester United too.
Closed Thread