United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Sparky***

I've said before i knew it was over after the CL final for ronaldo. He looked disgusted with his team mates, like they'd let HIM down or something.

Unread 14-06-2009, 08:59 AM
MUFC One Love

Isn't Bob Cass who wrote that article mates with Fergie? May be something in the Tevez thing.

Unread 14-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Isn't Bob Cass who wrote that article mates with Fergie? May be something in the Tevez thing.
And if there is....bye bye @#%&!o, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

(tevez, not you onelove)

Unread 14-06-2009, 09:06 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

(tevez, not you onelove)
Result either way.

Unread 14-06-2009, 09:08 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

(tevez, not you onelove)
Agreed, don't think many people want him to stay. My main fear is that if they United sign him permanently United will claim it as a 'new signing', but he wouldn't be an 'addition' as he has been here for 2 years, plus he's not worth anything near £25m.

If we've sold Ronaldo we may as well let Tevez go and rebuild properly with decent players.

Unread 14-06-2009, 09:21 AM
borsuk

my big fear isn't that tevez will go, or somebody else, or anything like that. my fear is the fickleness of the fans. we're in for a bit of a rebuilding period and that might mean, as it has in the past, a year or two of relative underachievement with somebody else (please god chelsea) borrowing the premier league trophy for a year or two. if that happens i fully expect the esteemed £#%&!ers in the press corps to be penning all sorts of epitaphs for united and fergie, about how we're not the same team, how ronnie carried us, how fergie is past it etc etc. that i can handle, it's expected. but i suspect a year or two of rebuilding would be met with similar reactions from the fans and that would piss me off no end.

Unread 14-06-2009, 09:32 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
my big fear isn't that tevez will go, or somebody else, or anything like that. my fear is the fickleness of the fans. we're in for a bit of a rebuilding period and that might mean, as it has in the past, a year or two of relative underachievement with somebody else (please god chelsea) borrowing the premier league trophy for a year or two. if that happens i fully expect the esteemed £#%&!ers in the press corps to be penning all sorts of epitaphs for united and fergie, about how we're not the same team, how ronnie carried us, how fergie is past it etc etc. that i can handle, it's expected. but i suspect a year or two of rebuilding would be met with similar reactions from the fans and that would piss me off no end.
surely though we are all used to the fickle fan syndrome (?) - it's all part and parcel of supporting Utd. FWIW I don't think we need to make any 'marquee' type signings, in the absence of Ronaldo, to retain the Premier League next year - sure it will be another battle, but we can still do it with what we've got, no doubt about it. Getting to the Champions League semi's will be a lot tougher, mind, but if we get there we can win that with a bit of luck. I feel If Tevez leaves, and we don't bring in a goal scorer, it will be alot harder on both fronts, although still a distinct possibility if Rooney and Berbatov hit it off and stay injury free. As I said yesterday I WANT us to get Aguero, but if it's not possible am really looking forward to seeing Rooney and Berbatov together, week in and week out.

Unread 14-06-2009, 09:44 AM
Sandman

We're being linked in a few papers with David Silva, surely if he came it means Rooney will be put through the middle.

Unread 14-06-2009, 09:52 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
Agree with that except that we don't know how long Fergie himself is going to be around. If we knew he was going to be there 5 years then you are spot on. As it is we simply don't know whether next season will be his last.

Unread 14-06-2009, 10:00 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
Agree with that except that we don't know how long Fergie himself is going to be around. If we knew he was going to be there 5 years then you are spot on. As it is we simply don't know whether next season will be his last.
tbh I think this season might well be his last.

Unread 14-06-2009, 10:03 AM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
yep - and even if (impossible I know) we got another manager of that calibre - would he be allowed the time to build a team that we allow Fergie. In this day and age - NO.

Unread 14-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
Fergie won't quit until he has at least one more leaque then the poo and at least 5 european cups.

Tevez, £#%&! him

Ronaldo ... what happened when Ruud left, we scored more goals because we played more like a team with everyone chipping in ... even Ole came back and scored 11.

We'll be fine, we've still got a load of exciting and solid players and 80 mill to spend. Happy Days

Unread 14-06-2009, 10:05 AM
Sandman

This season won't be his last, he's got bigger balls than you soft @#%&!s, he'll be even more determined to carry for a while now.

Unread 14-06-2009, 10:12 AM
Pop

I'm quite confident that Fergie will still be managing Utd in twenty years time.

Unread 14-06-2009, 10:13 AM
Pudge_Bear

Read Madrid-bound Cristiano Ronaldo has claimed that he enjoys being singled out for abuse by opposition supporters.

Manchester United have accepted a world record £80million transfer fee from Real which will see the Portuguese phenomenon switch to Spain this summer once personal terms are agreed.

Ronaldo flourished in the wake of the 2006 World Cup, when he was targeted by opposition fans in the Premier League angry at his reaction to Wayne Rooney's red card in England's quarter-final defeat by Portugal.

The gifted forward, who appears to be never out of the spotlight, believes that for every fan who jeers him, there are more who appreciate his talents.

Insults
Ronaldo told French football magazine So Foot: "I love it when people jeer me. I love to see the hate in their eyes, to hear the insults. It doesn't bother me.

"It's true lots of people hate me but there are even more who love me and who support me.

"I feel bad only when I play badly. Fortunately, that happens rarely."

Ronaldo has set his sights on carving his name into the football history books and will not rest of what he has already achieved at Old Trafford.

He added: "I still have a long way to go. I really want to re-write the history of football.

"I an aware I'm already among the best of the best but I want to continue to write many more beautiful pages."

No envy
The former Sporting Lisbon ace will come up against Barcelona star Lionel Messi on a regular basis in Spain, with the Argentina ace winning their personal duel in this summer's UEFA Champions League final.

But Ronaldo said: "I have nothing to envy Lionel for. I don't compare myself to others. I am Cristiano Ronaldo - and I can win more medals than anybody else.

"I don't like to relax. The fans want see a great Cristiano Ronaldo so I try to never disappoint."

*Could have won...

Unread 14-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Pop

Me, me, me, me, me.

Unread 14-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
I'm quite confident that Fergie will still be managing Utd in twenty years time.

Not sure about that.

I could see a situation where fergie is director of football and mourihno is manager.

Jose would listen to fergie and would put a bit of flair into this teams

it could work

Unread 14-06-2009, 10:20 AM
borsuk

meh, meh, meh, meh, meh

Unread 14-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge_Bear
... I am Cristiano Ronaldo - and I can win more medals than anybody else.
He'll struggle with that aim at Madrid.

Unread 14-06-2009, 10:22 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
Not sure about that.

I could see a situation where fergie is director of football and mourihno is manager.

Jose would listen to fergie and would put a bit of flair into this teams

it could work
Now that Ronaldo has gone and there's no potential for animosity between the two (based on Maureen's comments about his lack of intellect) I would be happy with that, more than, TBH. I think so would the players, based on comments printed in the last year or two. Most forumist's I think would disagree, though. I once did a poll that was pretty split on the matter.
Closed Thread