United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2009, 08:38 AM
wiganste

Benzema will not be coming to United. Why can't people accept that?

Unread 13-06-2009, 09:38 AM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Barca to use money to buy Ribery?
What else would they use?

Unread 13-06-2009, 09:42 AM
dunk

I take I am the only one who wouldn't have Eto'o anywhere near Old Trafford?

Ok then.

Unread 13-06-2009, 10:03 AM
Aloe Blacc

This would please me, a lot.

Wouldn't cost that much eiither with only a year left on his contract. The ronaldo money wouldnt even come into it, we'd still have left overs from our regular transfer kitty.

How far would people go for Ribery? £40m here. Deal rising up to £16m for Atom Ant.....there would still be lots of dough left for the wizard to strenghten our central midfield.

Unread 13-06-2009, 10:23 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
The real world is shit, that's why.

We're signing Aguero, De Rossi, Benz, Ribery and Daniel Sturridge.Get used to it

Unread 13-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by the heathen
What else would they use?

Unread 13-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I take I am the only one who wouldn't have Eto'o anywhere near Old Trafford?

Ok then.
he can come and dust the shelf where the European Cup used to be

other than that deary me, do people honestly think that's the best Ferguson will come up with? I'd rather go with what we've got.

if we're going to launder this illicit cash spivved out of a corrupt capitalist system (again) then I suggest we'd be better off providing Eto'o's home nation with food aid and fresh water than actually signing this @#%&! to come and make waves while we're trying to bring through our crop of brilliant youngsters.

and anyway, on general principle Barcelona wouldn't dream of accepting any of this money because they question its legitamacy and they are whiter than white in such matters,

Unread 13-06-2009, 10:55 AM
redmike

I think it is highly unlikely that a top european player will play in the premiership full stop, because of the tax rate here atm, so all this talk of ribery, benzema, eto'o to whatever english club seems pie in the sky nonsense to me.

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
I think it is highly unlikely that a top european player will play in the premiership full stop, because of the tax rate here atm, so all this talk of ribery, benzema, eto'o to whatever english club seems pie in the sky nonsense to me.
27% difference for Ribery to go to Spain or come here. that'll be where this 65m comes in surely, cus he's certainly not worth that even given the crimes against humanity currently being perpetrated in football transfer market right now

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:54 AM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
27% difference for Ribery to go to Spain or come here. that'll be where this 65m comes in surely, cus he's certainly not worth that even given the crimes against humanity currently being perpetrated in football transfer market right now
Crimes against humanity i like that.

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
of course, but let us dream before the reality kicks in on august 31st that 'hold on, we aren't going to sign anyone good, are we."

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:45 PM
redmike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
of course, but let us dream before the reality kicks in on august 31st that 'hold on, we aren't going to sign anyone good, are we."
I think we might tbh, but instead of the recognised world stars, i think we would more likely see fergie signing one or two unknowns who will surprise us all with their ability, after all hardly anybody heard of c ronaldo before utd signed him in 2003 did they.

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I think we might tbh, but instead of the recognised world stars, i think we would more likely see fergie signing one or two unknowns who will surprise us all with their ability, after all hardly anybody heard of c ronaldo before utd signed him in 2003 did they.
a 'big' signing was near stick on anyway, either Tevez or a replacement for him

other than that (and I'm not bothered if that doesn't happen btw) I really hope you're right, and United sign a couple of up and coming starlets, whatever position they play. I'd be happy for Ferguson to show me that he trusts the talent we already have coming through - including Nani, Anderson, Tosic and then this Ljajic character by the start of 2010/11

Unread 13-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
What are tonight's lottery numbers please.

Quote:

Unread 13-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Elsey

I wouldnt mind Eto'o one bit. I've long been of the opinion he would be devastating in the Premiership.

but i want GOURCUFF!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 13-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Like Kleberson?

I was certainly surprised with his ability.

Unread 13-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Vucinic or Eto'o?
Or in other words 4th place with two Berbatovs
or second place.

Unread 13-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Elsey

Who the £#%&! is Vucinic

Unread 13-06-2009, 04:25 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Eto'o brutey