United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Luffy

this is annoying, he's been saying the same stuff for years, ever since he joined even

"I'm happy but I dont know what will happen in the future"

and everytime he's ended up staying. he's also said "I'm staying" about 5 times for everytime he's said the above, its ridiculous.

First of all, United will not sell and certainly not anytime in the next 2 seasons (unless we spot a drop in form, attitude or a replacement ala Becks, Ruud, and Heinze.) Cassillas + £100m.

Second, Ronaldo is in the right place for HIM. He is rightly selfish and wants to do whats absolutely best for his career, if the world was your oyster you would be very careful about how you led your life and what path you took.

Ronaldo would be insane to leave this awesome young team to join up with Ruud again in a team which isnt all that great anymore and a league which has arguably fallen behind the EPL (and Italy?) in terms of glamour, quality and money. Lots of star players leaving this season and lots ex stars go there to "retire".

If for some weird reason he was so fed up of manchester and was desperate to go to madrid anytime soon, it would signal that he is a player who no longer had his eye on the ball and he might do well in spain but his time at the top of his game was up.

neither ruud, beckham or heinze progressed their careers after leaving utd, all players who were once close to the top of their profession, ronaldo will leave when that time has come. he's here for footballing reasons and he will stay for footballing reasons and will rewarded well in terms of money and hopefully silverware.

Unread 16-05-2008, 10:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
this is annoying, he's been saying the same stuff for years, ever since he joined even

and everytime he's ended up staying. he's also said "I'm staying" about 5 times for everytime he's said the above, its ridiculous.

First of all, United will not sell and certainly not anytime in the next 2 seasons (unless we spot a drop in form, attitude or a replacement ala Becks, Ruud, and Heinze.) Cassillas + £100m.

Second, Ronaldo is in the right place for HIM. He is rightly selfish and wants to do whats absolutely best for his career, if the world was your oyster you would be very careful about how you led your life and what path you took.

Ronaldo would be insane to leave this awesome young team to join up with Ruud again in a team which isnt all that great anymore and a league which has fallen behind the EPL in terms of glamour, quality and money.

If for some weird reason he was so fed up of manchester and was desperate to go to madrid anytime soon, it would signal that he is a player who no longer had his eye on the ball and he might do well in spain but his time at the top of his game was up.

neither ruud, beckham or heinze progressed their careers after leaving utd, all players who were once close to the top of their profession, ronaldo will leave when that time has come. he's here for footballing reasons and he will stay for footballing reasons and will rewarded well in terms of money and hopefully silverware.
Absolutely right.

What was he said on MUTV during his interview at the Players awards, something along the lines of, 'I am in the right place for me, I am happy, have great players around me, am learning and improving all the time, playing good football working with the best manager' or words to that effect.

Which is, of course, easily superceded by a comment that means leave me alone you £#%&!ing #@&%!s.

Unread 16-05-2008, 10:50 AM
BarryX

Quote:

Ronaldo would be insane to leave this awesome young team to join up with Ruud again in a team which isnt all that great anymore and a league which has arguably fallen behind the EPL (and Italy?) in terms of glamour, quality and money. Lots of star players leaving this season and lots ex stars go there to "retire".

he also just had a house built in prestbury/alderley edge, no ? surely he will want to have a few more parties there with Nani, Anderson, @#%&!bottom, and the Twins.

Unread 16-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrose

Ronnie on Sunday. The MUTV footage in the dressing room. He joined in some of the mayhem, but while others still sprayed the shampoo, Ronnie sat quietly on his own on a bench watching.
No he didn't.

Quote:

Good post, it would be insane for him to leave and he should know this himself. He also said on Spain that sometimes dreams don't come true. I dream of £#%&!ing Adriana Lima 24/7 but it doesn't mean it'll happen.

Unread 16-05-2008, 11:46 AM
redrose

[quote=Rhodzy;944145]No he didn't.

Your quote above referred to my quote earlier.

I can assure you he did. I'm sad enough ti have watched it all on MUTV on Sunday and extended shots of the dressing room since then and after the "championees" and champagne spraying, Ronnie sits on the bench alone, until Rio and others come over to him.

Now I'm not saying he did not join in, he did, and he was on fine form at the MUTV awards etc, just that my paranoia may have read more into this incident than there actually is, but I'm worried now with these comments.

So the icon was noy called for, coz it happened, like it or not.

Unread 16-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
No he didn't.

Good post, it would be insane for him to leave and he should know this himself. He also said on Spain that sometimes dreams don't come true. I dream of £#%&!ing Adriana Lima 24/7 but it doesn't mean it'll happen.
I always find the dream thing a bit weird...its not like we're talking about some nerd who wants to be spiderman, we're talking about the best footballer in the world right now engineering a move to a club which would move heaven and earth to add him to their sticker collection (thats all madrid are nowadays - and Ronaldo is a shiny!!).

could easily happen, I think when Ronaldo says that he means he thinks about it but doesn't know if he will go through with it. Like if you're with a girl and think about marriage or leaving her or cheating on her with that fit blonde. You might fantasise now and then but do you go through with any of it and if you do will you be happier?

Thats his conundrum.

Unread 16-05-2008, 11:59 AM
MUFC One Love

I personally don't think he will leave this summer. I'd be very surprised if it happened. United know they have to keep hold of him at the moment and we're currently doing very well. We've won back to back titles and we're in the European Cup final with some very very good young players. We only need 1-2 signings and this squad will be even better. Striker and right back I'd say, possibly a young midfielder brought in, too.

At the moment we're the best team in Europe and the most exciting. It would be stupid of him to leave and United won't sell him at the moment.

I fully expect him to be here next summer and 2 good additions to the team, maybe more.

Unread 16-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Tincanstretty

I don't think he'll leave this summer, unless other influences force the issue.

If we get another 2 years service out of him then couldn't argue at all with that.

He'd have been here for 7 years then which is great service and he'd still be in theory just coming to his peak so would be able to give Madrid just as good service as he's giving us. That's a big thing as well for him due to his 'dream' of becoming a legend at Madrid and there's no way he'll want to wait till his late 20s before playing there.

Unread 16-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

This all makes perfect sense to me.

With the economy the way it is the timing needs to be spot on; sell Ronaldo NOW before the Euros for premium return.

By the end of the finals the economy of Spain will have continued to spiral downwards - parts of the construction industry there are already down by almost 50%, after all.

At this point - and here's where it gets clever - we wander over to Spain and use the cash to buy Ronaldo back at half the price and snap up Messi from the people's club with the rest of the cash, minus the Glazer's/Banking Industry's cut naturally

Unread 16-05-2008, 12:30 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
This all makes perfect sense to me.

With the economy the way it is the timing needs to be spot on; sell Ronaldo NOW before the Euros for premium return.

By the end of the finals the economy of Spain will have continued to spiral downwards - parts of the construction industry there are already down by almost 50%, after all.

At this point - and here's where it gets clever - we wander over to Spain and use the cash to buy Ronaldo back at half the price and snap up Messi from the people's club with the rest of the cash, minus the Glazer's/Banking Industry's cut naturally
Won't happen though will it to be fair.

Unread 16-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Won't happen though will it to be fair.
who knows what will happen in the future?

Unread 16-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
who knows what will happen in the future?
Only God apparently.

Unread 16-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Only God apparently.
Nah, don't have a clue what's gonna happen to be honest.

Unread 16-05-2008, 01:09 PM
El Calafate

http://www.marca.com/

video on there for all you spanish speakers.

having heard it, i'm less worried. nft.
Closed Thread