United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-08-2007, 12:27 AM
JakeB

Talking Fletcher Crisis Talks

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...d-crisis-talks

Unsettled Darren Fletcher is today set for crisis talks with Sir Alex Ferguson about his Manchester United future.

TSP is not happy.

Unread 23-08-2007, 12:29 AM
legendary saf

I'd keep him.

Unread 23-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Newcastle – who have already snapped up Alan Smith, another player who was on the first-team fringe at Old Trafford – and Liverpool, surprisingly, will lead the queue of clubs interested in Fletcher.

Scouse @#%&!s never learn.

Unread 23-08-2007, 12:31 AM
Whalefish

I wouldn't, I'd promote Darron Gibson. Give him his place in the squad and sell Fletcher.

Fletcher is going to need regular games to improve now. He's not going to get it at OT. Which is a pity tbh, I don't hate him as much as some. I do however want to see Gibson get a look in.

Does he need a lift?

Unread 23-08-2007, 12:33 AM
penguin1

Default Shame,....

He laid on the goal for the international win tonight. Sounds to me like his agent is shit-stirring.

Unread 23-08-2007, 12:37 AM
TreeFiddy

What about all the faith Fergie showed in him? He was consistently put in the team and never justified it with good performances. Now he's not played the first few games of the season so he wants to throw in the towel. Sounds like a @#%&! to me.

Unread 23-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Bullshit!

Not a single game last season when he came on did he let us down!

We let Pip go because he wanted more first team action! How we missed him once he went!

Keep hold of the scottish player, he does a job for us and does it better than most think!

Unread 23-08-2007, 12:49 AM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar

Scouse @#%&!s never learn.
That has to be a piss take

Unread 23-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Ferguson cleary see's O'shea as the main man for filling in now, fletcher hasnt a hope in hell of getting into the team, we already have too many midfielders and are struggling to accommodate scholes, hargreaves and carrick as it is.

He should join newcastle - close to scotland and respectable.

Unread 23-08-2007, 01:49 AM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
That has to be a piss take
They are probably just testing the water to see if we discriminate against them with all transfers.

Unread 23-08-2007, 01:53 AM
jem

Default I love the fact

that the nervous pigeon is described as having been pushed down the pecking order.

coo! coo! yikes.

Unread 23-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Fletcher is going to need regular games to improve now.
I'd say a brain and body transplant would be more effective.

Unread 23-08-2007, 02:49 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Ferguson cleary see's O'shea as the main man for filling in now, fletcher hasnt a hope in hell of getting into the team, we already have too many midfielders and are struggling to accommodate scholes, hargreaves and carrick as it is.

He should join newcastle - close to scotland and respectable.
In central midfield: Fletcher > O'Shea

No question about that.

Unread 23-08-2007, 06:55 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
In central midfield: Fletcher > O'Shea

No question about that.
yep. i'd far sooner get rid of o'shea. fletcher is a good squad player to have. unfortunately (for him) i think carrick, hargreaves, scholes, giggs, eagles, park, anderson, pique and gibson are all better central m/f options. i think the way eagles has pushed ahead of him this season is the telling factor, though.

ta ra fletcho. ta ar o'pie. make space for kids with potential.

Unread 23-08-2007, 06:59 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yep. i'd far sooner get rid of o'shea. fletcher is a good squad player to have. unfortunately (for him) i think carrick, hargreaves, scholes, giggs, eagles, park, anderson, pique and gibson are all better central m/f options. i think the way eagles has pushed ahead of him this season is the telling factor, though.

ta ra fletcho. ta ar o'pie. make space for kids with potential.
errrrrrr.... if you didn't know... O shea is Versatile.

Unread 23-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Fletcher for city. nft.

Unread 23-08-2007, 07:49 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
errrrrrr.... if you didn't know... O shea is Versatile.
mr versatile, if you don't mind.

o'shea isn't versatile anyway. the positions he plays (let's block out the vision of o'shea up front and pretend it never happened) when he's not being a superhero in goal are full back and central mf. he hasn't played centre half in living memory. two positions. hardly versatile.

what versatile means in o'shea's case is that he doesn't really have a position; he isn't outstanding in any position. he just kind of fills in wherever you put him.

Unread 23-08-2007, 08:20 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I wouldn't, I'd promote Darron Gibson. Give him his place in the squad and sell Fletcher.

Fletcher is going to need regular games to improve now. He's not going to get it at OT. Which is a pity tbh, I don't hate him as much as some. I do however want to see Gibson get a look in.

Does he need a lift?
spot on!

nft.

Unread 23-08-2007, 08:23 AM
El Calafate

the thing is O'Shea is a great bench player. he can pretty much play 4 positions. it's good that he can free up a lot of places on the bench.

Sell Fletcher! you could probably get £5m for him.

nft.

Unread 23-08-2007, 08:35 AM
tatty

Fletcher is a valuable squad member, or at least he would be if he could run/tackle/shoot/pass.

And it would also help if his fighting division wasn't bubblewrap weight.
Closed Thread