United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:20 PM
JakeB

Default Sir Alex on Ronaldo "He wanted to leave, it's as simple as that"

Quote:
He wanted to leave, it's as simple as that. He was going to go some time. We've done well to keep him for so long.
Well..I suppose we all knew that anyway

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html?ITO=1490

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:33 PM
shadowplay

"And I'm losing Tevez to City"....so goes the article head-line.

Shame, then, that he didn't actually say anything about Tevez or City. Gutter press.

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs down

Tumescant Throb

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:35 PM
rebelcountyred

what a bombshell

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:35 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay

Shame, then, that he didn't actually say anything about Tevez or City. Gutter press.
I was about to put those quotes in, presuming they were from Sir Alex due to the headline..before noticing the 'a source close to city'

Infact, if you want to be pedantic, the whole headline is wrong...even the quote by Fergie doesnt match the headline

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Cheesesof Nazareth

what's this? Ronaldo is leaving?! oh no

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:40 PM
JakeB

Talking of the gutter press, the news of the world is saying the United players are glad Ronald has £#%&!ed off...

Quote:
On the training ground, they were tiring of his tantrums. On the pitch, they were fed up of his selfishness.

And it culminated in fury from senior players after Ronaldo tried to single-handedly beat Barcelona in the Champions League final last month.

A United insider told the News of the World: "To many, that was the final straw and showed what he had become.

"Wayne Rooney had to change position three times to accommodate Ronaldo. The experienced players in the squad had seen it coming and weren't happy about it.

"Ronaldo had been getting more and more temperamental in training and the others were getting fed up with him. They knew his mind was elsewhere and they thought he was becoming a distraction.

"The senior guys couldn't believe it when he threw the tantrum during the Manchester City game."
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spor...ee-him-go.html

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:41 PM
thatsfuctit

simples

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:48 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Talking of the gutter press, the news of the world is saying the United players are glad Ronald has £#%&!ed off...

let's be honest though, that tantrum was an embarrassment

Unread 13-06-2009, 11:57 PM
Pop

Mildly interesting pics in that story if you want to believe the NOTW's spin on them...

Unread 14-06-2009, 12:18 AM
ScarFace

Would rather keep a #@&%!phille in my bedroom than Tevez.

Unread 14-06-2009, 12:22 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB

They're also suggesting we're interested in Valdes

Unread 14-06-2009, 01:04 AM
Peter griffin

Richard Williams in the guardian raised the point that, at Real he wont have Rooney and Tevez permenantly swapping positions to accomodate him and as such may not be the same player.

Unread 14-06-2009, 01:17 AM
History

We need to replace 31 goals. Ronaldos 25 and Tevez's 6 ( )

It could be a problem but if Berbatov Bangs a couple more in and gets to 20 thats Tevez's taken care off and hopefully Rooney will bag more and so will the new signings and Anderson will 1 hopefully

Unread 14-06-2009, 01:41 AM
RedMenace

Wouldn't normally read too much into these stories and maybe it's easier to do so now he's off but those pictures posted could tell a lot in terms of body language. Ronaldo must have had some choice words thrown his way that he wasn't happy to hear. I think even during the game though it looked at times that Rooney was ready to swing for him for shooting all the time.

Unread 14-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Ether

I think this story is complete and utter %@#$&!s, but Rooney was absolutely gash in the final, so for him to have a go at Ronnie would be a bit rich.

Unread 14-06-2009, 01:47 AM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Mildly interesting pics in that story if you want to believe the NOTW's spin on them...

looking at himself on big screen again.

makes a change.

Unread 14-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay

The guy who wrote the article is one of Fergies best mates. So the Tevez to city stuff has probably come from Fergie.

Unread 14-06-2009, 02:05 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Would rather keep a #@&%!phille in my bedroom than Tevez.
Is there room for two of you?

Unread 14-06-2009, 02:26 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Is there room for two of you?
legal if they're fit
Closed Thread