United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-06-2009, 11:44 PM
JakeB

Default Samuel Eto'o

The Times claiming we've made an enquiry for him..

Quote:
Manchester United are lining up a move to take Samuel Eto’o to Old Trafford as they prepare to fill the void left by Cristiano Ronaldo’s impending departure.

Sir Alex Ferguson is eager to find a replacement for the Portugal forward as soon as possible and has made a firm inquiry about Eto’o. The United manager is confident of getting the Barcelona forward and knows that he needs to bolster his roster of strikers if Carlos Tévez leaves the club this summer.
Be rather unexpected. Are his injury problems behind him?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle6489202.ece

Unread 12-06-2009, 11:46 PM
Sparky***

Unread 12-06-2009, 11:49 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

The journo sounds certain, but I'm not so sure...I'd be really shocked if we signed Eto'o. Doesn't seem like a typical united signing at all

Unread 12-06-2009, 11:49 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB

The journo sounds certain, but I'm not so sure...I'd be really shocked if we signed Eto'o. Doesn't seem like a typical united signing at all
I am sure he'll grow to love the mancunian climate

Unread 12-06-2009, 11:52 PM
n48

Great attitude.Works hard, Can score goals. Only problem is his age in football terms.

Easily better AND cheaper than Tevez.

Unread 12-06-2009, 11:54 PM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
I am sure he'll grow to love the mancunian climate
Oh I'm sure it gets drizzly down in Cameroon from time to time . Anyway, lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Could he wear the number 7?

Unread 12-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Alan

Barca must be on crack letting him go to sign ibrahimovic.

They wanted to sell him last summer but there were supposed injury doubts about him, yet he's played a lot for Barca.

He went to some obscure eastern european club for a medical before it fell through didn't he?

Unread 12-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Are his injury problems behind him?

That depends on your interpretation of time. Most westerners accept a linear view: time is like a river, flowing in only one direction. In this case, then yes, his injuries are behind him, as they occurred in the past.

Unread 12-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Coracao

If they are getting rid, it will be a swap deal with big conk at inter, they then have a replacement straight in.

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:00 AM
twistedheel

Asif we'll get Eto'o

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:01 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
That depends on your interpretation of time. Most westerners accept a linear view: time is like a river, flowing in only one direction. In this case, then yes, his injuries are behind him, as they occurred in the past.
But, the injuries could be flowing down this river just behind him, ready to catch up and overtake at any moment?

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
offs cap:

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:10 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:11 AM
£#%&! KFC

we have opened negotiations with Barca

i'd take him over Tevez all day long

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:12 AM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
we have opened negotiations with Barca

i'd take him over Tevez all day long
Too right effers.

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Alan

I wonder if, given his age, he's a stop gap until Benzema grows a pair and decides to actually further his career and sign for United.

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:20 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I wonder if, given his age, he's a stop gap until Benzema grows a pair and decides to actually further his career and sign for United.
I was going to say he's a good age in terms of having him for a few years till the market looks a bit better than it does right now

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:20 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
or we could sign both if we £#%&! ARGENTINAoff.......you never know

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:22 AM
TreeFiddy

I'd £#%&!ing love to see him in the shirt. Quality player and exactly what we need up front.

Unread 13-06-2009, 12:22 AM
JakeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
or we could sign both if we £#%&! ARGENTINAoff.......you never know
Benzema, Rooney, Eto'o, Berbatov

Who would throw a hissy fit first? Deffo Eto'o I'd say
Closed Thread