Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Some of us did say he might not really get going until after the summer
Though not you it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Turned to shit by us in record time

Unread 01-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Kangared

Not sure how anyone who has watched him play & has even the slightest knowledge of football could ever doubt him.

Unread 01-08-2018, 06:02 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Though not you it seems
I may not have been 100% serious with that one. Even if I thought I was at the time

Unread 01-08-2018, 06:18 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Player of season top pl scorer
Not once Jose has him playing left wing back.

Unread 11-08-2018, 08:59 AM
Jethro

What the actual £#%&! was that last night? Rancid

Unread 11-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Red Santos

Work-rate, passion was there, looked quite sharp

The final ball though was just

Unread 11-08-2018, 09:19 AM
saffers

Maybe his worst game for us.

Will still have a great season.

Unread 11-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Drexl

All he needed was to have his tongue lolling out of the corner of his mouth and he would have been the spit of one of his dogs chasing a squirrel

Unread 11-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Stone Monkey

For 60 mins the entire team was shit but we dug deep and got the result. It's one game and like Saffers said he will be great this season. Well chuffed for BLS.

UTFR

Unread 11-08-2018, 10:40 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
What the actual £#%&! was that last night? Rancid
One of the worst technical performances i’ve ever seen. His pass rate must have been 0%. Damian, the worst defender we’ve ever had at the club, was close tbf.

Sanchez still tried I suppose - prefer that to the moping about/not arsed chic some of our lot do when they’re having a stinker.

But £#%&!ing hell - nothing like a low bar to set.

Unread 11-08-2018, 10:53 AM
YCSYFEUYA

£#%&! him and £#%&! his dogs

5m quid a week and plays like that?

Unread 11-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Part 36 Offer

He will be fine. He’s got so much ability; actually think he’s trying too hard.

Unread 11-08-2018, 12:48 PM
ZiggyStardust

We gave him last season because it isn’t easy moving clubs mid way through the season but he’s had a full preseason with no World Cup so the excuses are at an end

Unless he picks up his form he has to be dropped because it’s not just that he’s not producing his best but he’s actually a liability on the pitch

Questions have to be asked why into his 3rd season managing the club that the attack still looks a disjointed mess
Can’t seem to get the best out of any of our attackers and I think a lot has to do with our tactical approach of sitting deep and giving very little support to our attacking players

Unread 11-08-2018, 01:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
We gave him last season because it isn’t easy moving clubs mid way through the season but he’s had a full preseason with no World Cup so the excuses are at an end

Unless he picks up his form he has to be dropped because it’s not just that he’s not producing his best but he’s actually a liability on the pitch

Questions have to be asked why into his 3rd season managing the club that the attack still looks a disjointed mess
Can’t seem to get the best out of any of our attackers and I think a lot has to do with our tactical approach of sitting deep and giving very little support to our attacking players
The tactic of sitting deep and hitting sides on the break would work fine if our defenders were able to actually pass the ball out from the back tbf.

Unread 11-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Cream

Was concerned playing as a striker all pre season wasn't really the best preparation. Not sure how it affected his ability to play a simple pass mind you.

Unread 11-08-2018, 03:46 PM
Child of Darkness

£#%&! again last night .

Loses possession constantly. Tricks n passes don’t come off most of the time. Not impressed so far

Unread 11-08-2018, 03:54 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The tactic of sitting deep and hitting sides on the break
Would you settle for that as a supporter of Manchester United?

In regards to Alexis, I like him. Actually has the balls to try things, and once he starts getting the rub of the green he'll be integral.

Also should have had an assist last night if Lukaku had finished his easy chance instead of passing it straight to Schmeichel.

Unread 12-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Kangared

His touch was awful Friday but I don’t get the logic in playing Alexis as the striker all pre season & then shunting him out left to accomodate Gashford who is better from the left than through the middle
Still have faith in Alexis. As bad as he was our best chances came through him.
Closed Thread