United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It might happen - then again, it might not.

So much depends on the team the mad old £#%&!er puts out, that it is pointless speculating tbh
I'll expect the worse. Anything else is a Brucey Bonus (He's not been implicated in anything dodgy yet, has he?!)

Unread 24-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

I expect a continuation of the last few times we've played down there tbh, with a decent performance in a high level football match. They aren't a bad side so it'll come down to whether we can take our chances. I think we will. Hopefully we can get through them down their right and use Valencia to keep Cole quiet on the other side. Rafael's pace will be key at the back if we play with the attacking intent I expect us to - it's possible Ferguson could go with all 4 strikers in some games, given our defensive woes and that 3 of them can operate so well all across the front, but I think Anderson (or Scholes) will get the nod over Welbeck

De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson, Rooney, RvP, Hernandez

Unread 24-10-2012, 03:22 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I expect a continuation of the last few times we've played down there tbh, with a decent performance in a high level football match. They aren't a bad side so it'll come down to whether we can take our chances. I think we will. Hopefully we can get through them down their right and use Valencia to keep Cole quiet on the other side. Rafael's pace will be key at the back if we play with the attacking intent I expect us to - it's possible Ferguson could go with all 4 strikers in some games, given our defensive woes and that 3 of them can operate so well all across the front, but I think Anderson (or Scholes) will get the nod over Welbeck

De Gea, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Anderson, Rooney, RvP, Hernandez
Good post, Throb. Agree with most of that.

I'd pick Valencia though (for the reason you gave) instead of Hernandez. In what formation, only god knows.

Probably 4-3-3 ish.

Unread 24-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

I'd pick Valencia though (for the reason you gave) instead of Hernandez. In what formation, only god knows.

Probably 4-3-3 ish.
yeah 4-5-1 ish as well with RvP and Rooney dropping in. with Welbeck instead of Hernandez it makes it more flexible, but Hernandez looks hot right now so maybe Fergie will hope to cash in on that against their erratic central defenders.

Unread 24-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Probably 4-3-3 ish.
oh yeah, I see, I left Valencia out

that makes it more tricky than I thought!!

Unread 24-10-2012, 08:42 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

defo wouldn't start Hernandez though he was much better last night

Chelsea are good going forward, but their defence is still poor....bit like us

think we'll win 3-2

Unread 24-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We're going to get £#%&!ing battered.
Not the time, nor the plaice for that sort of talk...

Unread 24-10-2012, 10:13 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
Not the time, nor the plaice for that sort of talk...
eel regret it

Unread 24-10-2012, 10:14 PM
irk

it cod happen though

Unread 24-10-2012, 10:20 PM
Harri Jaffa

We are going to lose

Taking bets now

Unread 25-10-2012, 01:53 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
still shit in front of goal, but his runs are like old now.
Except slower and with less control.

Oh how you must miss those days.

Unread 28-10-2012, 08:31 AM
lookingforeric

So then guys its match day. How's everyone feeling today? I'm feeling quite confident. I'm going for 3-2 United.

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforeric
So then guys its match day. How's everyone feeling today? I'm feeling quite confident. I'm going for 3-2 United.
Woke up with the same feeling.

Everton/United double pays just over 8/1

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:40 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingforeric
Thanks for asking Eric. I have a gut feeling it will be 4-2 to Chelsea with united getting a late consolation header from Hernandez. But the the game will be over as a contest by the hour mark.

Scholes and giggs to struggle. Rafael to be out of position for at least two of the home side's goals.

Over to you Eric.

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:42 AM
irk

without wnting to come over all rawkish we tend to be on the end of some horrendous refereeing decisions down there.

dodgy decisions ahoy

abramovich to kick us to pieces with his diplomatic immunity
us to get a man sent of for two innocuous fouls

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:44 AM
no fun

not confident

2-0 chelski

rio to get booed for having the nerve to be antons brother

camera to linger on JT lionheart strategically positioned between 2 black team mates on the bench

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:45 AM
armchair

I'd love a 1-0 smash and grab. Iway fackken robbery! Seething #@&%!ernays, claret, the works.

Unread 28-10-2012, 09:50 AM
FraUtd

2-0 Hazard with the first

60/1 and Paddy Power are doing money back on first, last goalscorer & score casts if by some miracle it ends a draw

Unread 28-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Time For Heroes

I have no idea, although we haven't won there for 10 years in the league which means we must be due a result. Then again we have beaten them 4 times and drawn once in our last 5 games against them in all competitions.

Therefore in conclusion I'm going for a 3-1 win for us. No logic behind it at all

Unread 28-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Time For Heroes

Just done 3-1 @ 19/1

Rooney 1st goal @ 13/2

And a saver on Ivanovic 1st goal @22/1 as we always go behind early and a lot of defenders seem to be scoring this year.
Closed Thread