United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2009, 08:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Fergie to spend £60 million on toilets and carpets?

http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=2650

Manchester United still have £60m transfer kitty
/ Transfer news
23/07/2009
After a summer in which they have sold Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid and invested only a small amount back into the squad, a spokesman for the Glazer family who own Manchester United has claimed the club still have a £60m transfer kitty.

Tehsin Nayani, the spokesman for the Glazer family, said: "The manager has a significant amount of money to invest if he wants to. The delay has been because the manager has not been able to locate the players he believes fit the Manchester United mindset – players who are motivated to play for United. You don't want mercenaries and you don't want to pay over the odds for players not willing to give their all for the club."

On a potential downturn in corporate spending at Old Trafford Nayani added: "Manchester United are so far unaffected by the downturn. It would be foolish to say there would be no impact because you never know what is going to happen down the line but our season-ticket sales stand up well, in comparison to previous years. I have been saying that one should expect a downturn in our corporate sales but every club is faced with that. We do have a debt to service and that debt is significant but our interest payments are £43.3m a year while our operating profit was £80m topped off by an extra £25m from transfer sales."

Nayani also spoke of the money still available to Sir Alex Ferguson. "We are talking about a net amount of £60m and that is cash that can be reinvested in the squad – or if you prefer doing up the toilets or new carpets. The point is, there is money coming into Manchester United and one thing is certain that because of globalisation and the growing middle classes in India and the Far East, the appeal of football is set to grow and we are part of that story."

These comments came as United are on their pre-season tour of Asia. Their next game is against Seoul on Friday night.

Unread 23-07-2009, 08:49 AM
borsuk

probably do up a few trailer parks for that tbf

Unread 23-07-2009, 08:55 AM
wiganste

Maybe they're using the 60m to sort the titanic out?

Unread 23-07-2009, 08:56 AM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=2650

Manchester United still have £60m transfer kitty
/ Transfer news
23/07/2009
After a summer in which they have sold Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid and invested only a small amount back into the squad, a spokesman for the Glazer family who own Manchester United has claimed the club still have a £60m transfer kitty.

Tehsin Nayani, the spokesman for the Glazer family, said: "The manager has a significant amount of money to invest if he wants to. The delay has been because the manager has not been able to locate the players he believes fit the Manchester United mindset – players who are motivated to play for United. You don't want mercenaries and you don't want to pay over the odds for players not willing to give their all for the club."

On a potential downturn in corporate spending at Old Trafford Nayani added: "Manchester United are so far unaffected by the downturn. It would be foolish to say there would be no impact because you never know what is going to happen down the line but our season-ticket sales stand up well, in comparison to previous years. I have been saying that one should expect a downturn in our corporate sales but every club is faced with that. We do have a debt to service and that debt is significant but our interest payments are £43.3m a year while our operating profit was £80m topped off by an extra £25m from transfer sales."

Nayani also spoke of the money still available to Sir Alex Ferguson. "We are talking about a net amount of £60m and that is cash that can be reinvested in the squad – or if you prefer doing up the toilets or new carpets. The point is, there is money coming into Manchester United and one thing is certain that because of globalisation and the growing middle classes in India and the Far East, the appeal of football is set to grow and we are part of that story."

These comments came as United are on their pre-season tour of Asia. Their next game is against Seoul on Friday night.
Sounds very like the guff Edwards used to come out with when we vmissed out on players because he wouldn't pay the money.

Unread 23-07-2009, 08:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Maybe they're using the 60m to sort the titanic out?
So it's been mentioned. I apologise big man.

Unread 23-07-2009, 09:10 AM
wiganste

Quote:
So it's been mentioned. I apologise big man.
Not to worry bedders, easy mistake to make.

Unread 23-07-2009, 09:12 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Not to worry bedders, easy mistake to make.
I did have a look about and saw nowt on the subject. Consider me suitably chastened though.

Unread 23-07-2009, 09:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
Sounds very like the guff Edwards used to come out with when we vmissed out on players because he wouldn't pay the money.
You would prefer players motivated by money?

One of Fergie's biggest successes has been the ability to find players with the desire to excel for United. Not necessarily the best around or the fashionable option, but players who will give their all for United and are motivated by success.

I firmly believe that any player that fit his requirements and was wanted by the manager would be signed. There's just not that many players about that are worth going for atm.

Unread 23-07-2009, 09:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

One of Fergie's biggest successes has been the ability to find players with the desire to excel for United. Not necessarily the best around or the fashionable option, but players who will give their all for United and are motivated by success.

I firmly believe that any player that fit his requirements and was wanted by the manager would be signed. There's just not that many players about that are worth going for atm.
We should go after David Silva.

Unread 23-07-2009, 09:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
We should go after David Silva.
Didn't Valencia get their Finances sorted and as such decide they aren't selling any players?

Unread 23-07-2009, 09:26 AM
dodger

What kind of example is it to set in a recession?

Unread 23-07-2009, 09:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Didn't Valencia get their Finances sorted and as such decide they aren't selling any players?
Yeah I think so but we should try.

Unread 23-07-2009, 09:32 AM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah I think so but we should try.
Didn't we have a nibble at him last summer and he didn't fancy it?

Unread 23-07-2009, 09:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Didn't we have a nibble at him last summer and he didn't fancy it?
No idea, I'm very unITK. Better than Ribery though imo.

Unread 23-07-2009, 09:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
No idea, I'm very unITK. Better than Ribery though imo.
Agree with that. I think United would be trying to get him if they thought they could, unless of course they think Tosic will be as good.

Unread 23-07-2009, 10:01 AM
Sandman

David Silva is the last thing we need.

Unread 23-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Whip Hubley

I just want players who are motivated by the fact they are playing for manchester united. It's why I'll have no criticism of owen - it seems he's genuinely excited to play for us, whatever his history. Obviously it's just about the best move he could imagine at this stage of his somewhat bizarre career but he's saying all the right things and has started scoring. cool

At the minute i've got absolute trust in ferie and if he thinks a player has what it takes i'm not gonna argue with that

Unread 23-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Smurf

They can repair Tevez's house with some.

Unread 23-07-2009, 10:30 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Tehsin Nayani, the spokesman for the Glazer family, said: "The manager has a significant amount of money to invest if he wants to. The delay has been because the manager has not been able to locate the players he believes fit the Manchester United mindset – players who are motivated to play for United. You don't want mercenaries and you don't want to pay over the odds for players not willing to give their all for the club. We're not city, for £#%&!'s sake."
Good point, well made.

Unread 23-07-2009, 10:31 AM
LaPaz

Quote:

All players are motivated by money, it's just a matter of degree.

It's laughable that United condem 'Mercenery' players when for the past two years they have employed Tevez from MSI talk about double standards.

If United could have signed Tevez for the fee & wages they wanted & not the fee that had been agreed he'd still have been at Old Trafford.

Keane would have left if United hadn't agreed to his wage demands, is that him being mercenary or wanting to be paid what he belived he was worth..............it depends on which side of the fence you are on.

Why do we pay the amount we do to Rooney, Ferdinand, Vidic and co if they so want to play for United?

As I said this is United putting spin on their shambolic transfer activity over the past year.

They knew that Ronaldo was leaving 12 months ago & I expected & believed that deals would have been done during the year resulting in suitable replacements being brought in.
How wrong I was but I'm not going to swallow the shite they are peddling regarding why players haven't been signed.
Closed Thread