Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Grimson

Thumbs down Figo - What a Dick

Apologies if already posted.

Figo Tells Ronaldo to Join Real Madrid

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...985336,00.html

Former Real Madrid ace Luis Figo has told Portuguese compatriot Cristiano Ronaldo to follow his lead and move to the Bernabeu.

Manchester United winger Ronaldo was at the centre of a long-running transfer saga last summer as the Spanish giants chased his signature.

Old Trafford officials resisted the urge to cash in on their star asset, who won the Fifa World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or in 2008, in what would likely have proved to be a world-record deal.

However, Real are understood to still be keen to capture Ronaldo, and Figo - who controversially swapped Barcelona for the Galacticos of Madrid in 2000 - believes it is time for the 24-year-old to move on.

"Real Madrid is the most important club in the world, the best club in the world," Figo, who is now at Inter Milan, told Marca. "I think Ronaldo has already wrapped up a stage at United.

"He has won everything he can with the English club, which is another great club, but he should have other goals now, other ambitions, and Real Madrid would allow him to achieve more importance, more relevancy.

"That is what I have told him. I don't know what he thinks now."

So, the biggest traitor of the modern era tells a player he should leave his club for a much worse one. Exactly what "other goals" are there....finishing 2nd?

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Sloppy

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Apologies if already posted.

Figo Tells Ronaldo to Join Real Madrid

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...985336,00.html

Former Real Madrid ace Luis Figo has told Portuguese compatriot Cristiano Ronaldo to follow his lead and move to the Bernabeu.

Manchester United winger Ronaldo was at the centre of a long-running transfer saga last summer as the Spanish giants chased his signature.

Old Trafford officials resisted the urge to cash in on their star asset, who won the Fifa World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or in 2008, in what would likely have proved to be a world-record deal.

However, Real are understood to still be keen to capture Ronaldo, and Figo - who controversially swapped Barcelona for the Galacticos of Madrid in 2000 - believes it is time for the 24-year-old to move on.

"Real Madrid is the most important club in the world, the best club in the world," Figo, who is now at Inter Milan, told Marca. "I think Ronaldo has already wrapped up a stage at United.

"He has won everything he can with the English club, which is another great club, but he should have other goals now, other ambitions, and Real Madrid would allow him to achieve more importance, more relevancy.

"That is what I have told him. I don't know what he thinks now."

So, the biggest traitor of the modern era tells a player he should leave his club for a much worse one. Exactly what "other goals" are there....finishing 2nd?
no they £#%&!ing never you lying murdoch @#%&!s

they said from the outset that he wasn't for sale and even reported Real to uefifa

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
The archetypal traitor. Like Sol Campbell x 100.

I don't know if Ronaldo is really aware or not of the state Real Madrid are in - but they are distinctly 2nd best in a two team league.

Assuming that they would blow a good €60m on him, how much would that leave for them to rebuild their disjointed team? Not a lot I'd imagine. He might find, like Beckham did, that it would take 3 years for them to get back on top.

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:26 PM
believe

will he £#%&! leave united. he's gone over the "want madrid" spell. he'll be here another 5+ years

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:26 PM
sullers

I'm starting to hate the Portugese.

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Isn't he at Inter......

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
Isn't he at Inter......
Yes. Yes he is.

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:35 PM
BarryX

Dear Stretford End Flags,

Can you fix it for me to make a flag with words FIGO = TRAIDOR on it for the forthcoming visit of Inter Milan ?

Thanks,
Barry,

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville

Can you fix it for me to make a flag with words FIGO = TRAIDOR on it for the forthcoming visit of Inter Milan ?

Thanks,
Barry,
P.S. Please spell Traitor correctly.

Many thanks

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:51 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
nail on head... he's a £#%&!ing dick and his opinion is worth £#%&! all... of what benefit is it to him to tell ronaldo where he should go? get on with your own game and keep your £#%&!ing nose out...

this whole game is getting tedious.

Unread 28-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Pop

Quote:
Real Madrid would allow him to achieve more importance, more relevancy
Arrogant #@&%!.

Meanwhile, in other news....

Quote:
United star happy with life at Old Trafford both on and off the pitch

By Richard Bailey Last updated: 27th February 2009
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...981826,00.html

But saying that....

Quote:
"As for the future, only God knows"
£#%&!ing Portuguese

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:00 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
nail on head... he's a £#%&!ing dick and his opinion is worth £#%&! all... of what benefit is it to him to tell ronaldo where he should go? get on with your own game and keep your £#%&!ing nose out...

this whole game is getting tedious.
Lets not forget him spectacularly bottling it at the Camp Nou after his first return too. Don't think I've ever seen a player get abuse like that of a home crowd. Pure, unadulterated hatred. I loved it After that, he always tried to get suspensions to avoid returning.

Figo - a mercenary, traitor and a coward. Hardly the type of character I'd go to for advice. @#%&!.

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:11 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville

Thanks,
Barry,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
P.S. Please spell Traitor correctly.

Many thanks
PPS: Please totally ignore Switching Off's PS to my letter. I got my Portuguese phrase book out before I wrote to you and found out the word for Traitor in Portuguese is Traidor. Ta. BT.

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:24 PM
captain scarlet

As I recall Fergie always had a good word for Figo-I wonder how he feels now?

If I was an Inter fan I wouldn't be that happy with him either.

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
As I recall Fergie always had a good word for Figo-I wonder how he feels now?

If I was an Inter fan I wouldn't be that happy with him either.

Mourinho has obviously told him to try and unsettle us for the second leg, I wouldn't read much into it.

Unread 28-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Luffy

no surprise this comes before our 2nd leg!

Ronaldo has always wanted to go to Madrid at some stage, we're all aware of that, no shocks there.

He's said he's happy hundreds of times, thats what we keep demanding he does and he does it. Gotta be satisfied with that.

He hasn't walked off or sulked either, think berbatov, robinho, ronaldinho, all top players who threw a fit and £#%&!ed their team off. Ronaldo isnt quite doing a scholes or kaka levels of loyalty here, but they're hardly the norm.

Even Giggs contemplated leaving at one stage. Becks probably never contemplated leaving, but he did. He's as loyal and Utd through and through as you're likely to get. Things just didnt work out.

my convoluted point is I hope we dont treat ronaldo like a traitor if he ever leaves (he's a @#%&! if he leaves after this season mind). He can go when he's 28 and I won't hate him, I wont love him anymore, but fine. Job done, providing he leaves in a respectable fashion (unlike ruud).

but mainly my point is players dont always keep or fulfil vague ambitions. Even at the height of speculation, I've always thought of ronaldo as a utd player, he was born to wear that shirt, he's playing in the strongest league for the best, most high profile marketable club in the world. He seems to value a family environment and you dont get that at real. would not surprise if he stays far longer than anyone expects him to.

for all we know the madrid stuff is just a poke game to ensure he is the clubs best paid player. we called his bluff in the summer. thats when players who genuinely want to leave force a transfer. he clearly didnt want the transfer badly enough.

/pointless rant

ignoring figo cos we're gonna knock his team out of the cup.

Unread 28-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
my convoluted point is I hope we dont treat ronaldo like a traidor if he ever leaves (he's a @#%&! if he leaves after this season mind). He can go when he's 28 and I won't hate him, I wont love him anymore, but fine. Job done, providing he leaves in a respectable fashion (unlike ruud).

Unread 28-02-2009, 11:14 PM
denis lawless

Talking

[SIZE="4"]Teville 1 Switching Off 0

Unread 28-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
[SIZE="4"]Teville 1 Switching Off 0
Closed Thread