United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2020, 08:11 PM
Mr_Ed

Sorry but I don't believe that for a minute. Fergie was pro value at the time and since said to LVG that the Glazers had at the time tightened the purse strings.

If you look at how distraught he was when we got dumped out of the CL by that criminal sending off of Nani when beating Madrid at home kind of suggested he knew that was his last crack.

Unread 05-05-2020, 11:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Well it was. They asked Ancelotti and it seems Mourinho as well but were too late as the PSG-Madrid-Chelsea conveyor belt was already under way by then.
He was practically begging for the job after that CL tie, or it certainly seemed that way.

Unread 06-05-2020, 12:00 AM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He was practically begging for the job after that CL tie, or it certainly seemed that way.
After? I'd say during.

Unread 06-05-2020, 10:45 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria

Yes, that post match press conference was a come and get me plea if ever I'd heard one.

Ironic thing is, if Mou had've taken over then, I think he would have been a success with some of the players he had at his disposal.

Unread 06-05-2020, 01:27 PM
andyroo

Would love to have Jonny Evans at my disposal tbh. Best place for him.

Unread 06-05-2020, 02:51 PM
utd99

So anyway, back on point; someone’s telling porkies. Wonder who?...

Unread 06-05-2020, 05:45 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No idea. What was Fergie's official account?

Sounds like if he'd have managed to nab Ronnie and Bale he would've probably stayed on. But they didn't and it helped make up his mind.

Unread 08-05-2020, 11:46 AM
Big Norm

7 years ago today.

Unread 08-05-2020, 06:55 PM
red in cumbria

If I hadn't seen such riches, indeed

Unread 08-05-2020, 07:07 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Hmmm, geee, I don’t know.

Is it the most successful manager of all time, who would have absolutely no motive to compose a completely fictional account of how he left - or is it the guy who licks chickens on Instagram for attention?

It’s a real head scratcher that’s for sure.

Unread 08-05-2020, 07:09 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Is it the most successful manager of all time, who would have absolutely no motive to compose a completely fictional account of how he left - or is it the guy who licks chickens on Instagram for attention?

Unread 08-05-2020, 09:10 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 08-05-2020, 10:19 PM
utd99

So the consensus is that Evra just made it up because he’s nuts? Ok.
Closed Thread