Ffs

Barry must be off his shatner's bassoon

Unread 21-04-2020, 11:10 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Ffs

Barry must be off his shatner's bassoon
He was my favourite player for a while. No real reason, just had a soft spot for the twins and pined to see Fabio become a regular. Oh, what could have been, my curly haired prince!

Unread 21-04-2020, 11:22 PM
Buck

One of my mates was gutted about Kagawa leaving. Thought he'd be perfect for Van Gaal's system when the appointment was made. And to be honest so did I

Unread 22-04-2020, 03:54 AM
shenwen

Fabio
He played 22 league games over five seasons.
Gutted

I'd forgotten he played for us by the time he left. His brother on the other hand

Unread 22-04-2020, 05:00 AM
Stickman

one of my kiwi mates played against Rafael and Fabio when he was 15 or 16 in a Brazil NZ match for that age group.

Lost 7-0 and said the twins took the absolute piss one of them scoring about 30 seconds in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Stam or Ronaldo by a mile. Ronaldo had an air of inevitability about it for years though didn't it. Letting Stam go was a monumental f*** up by ferie. One of the worst footballing decisions I can remember during my lifetime. Then worsened by signing f***ing Barthez and Blanc ffs
Barthez played a full season with Stam.

Whilst Barthez did have one very decent season I thought he was bang average on the whole. Funny as £#%&! at times mind

Unread 25-04-2020, 02:16 AM
Part 36 Offer

Re Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis. The press slated us for it at the time didn't they but I would have believed i could walk on water if Ferie had said it back then so i had full trust in him and even this decision. Pretty much blind faith

So even though logic dictates it was a potentially insane decision at the time, I didn't really give a f*** as i had been watching the Youth Team at OT for years and it was obvious how good the CO92 were, even then. Obviously no one could have predicted how incredible an impact they were all going to have at United but it was far from a disaster getting rid of those 3 and the siege mentality that Ferie had been trying to create around the club was fully defined. The rest they say...is history

Unread 25-04-2020, 08:31 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Re Hughes, Ince and Kanchelskis. The press slated us for it at the time didn't they but I would have believed i could walk on water if Ferie had said it back then so i had full trust in him and even this decision. Pretty much blind faith

So even though logic dictates it was a potentially insane decision at the time, I didn't really give a f*** as i had been watching the Youth Team at OT for years and it was obvious how good the CO92 were, even then. Obviously no one could have predicted how incredible an impact they were all going to have at United but it was far from a disaster getting rid of those 3 and the siege mentality that Ferie had been trying to create around the club was fully defined. The rest they say...is history
MEN ran a poll that summer - should Fergie resign? Going into that season. Got worse when we lost at Villa. I'd seen the CO92 a fair bit too - went to Elland Road when we lost the 2nd leg of the FA YCF in 92-93, but you could see they were bringing through some decent players.

I was gutted about Kanchelskis but United's style of play was changing back then anyway

Unread 25-04-2020, 06:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
MEN ran a poll that summer - should Fergie resign?
And they wonder why some have always considered them a pro-ciddy paper
Closed Thread