United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2011, 09:08 PM
taff

Default Re: Ancelotti sacked

£#%&!ing pathetic. they don't deserve to have managers of that calibre working there and hopefully this will deter others. trying to achieve anything with abramovich wanting to act the meddling @#%&! all the time must be impossible. aside from the obvious financial benefits, these days they win things in spite of him, not because of him, and most of the barriers they face are caused by the disharmony he creates.

still, as has been said it's no stain on ancelotti's character and reputation, he's carried himself well at that circus and is one of the few managers to have provided a genuine challenge to united in the last 20 years.

villas boas has said he's staying at porto, he's just won the treble there and probably fancies a tilt at the champions league. so £#%&! knows who they'll get now. ray wilkins? avram grant? bebe?

i wonder where that shithouse "i don't want to say too much, but i do have roman's ear" captain JT was in all this.

Unread 22-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Zorg

Next West Ham manager. Nailed on.

Unread 22-05-2011, 09:10 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck FFS
Any manager at the highest level and therefore set for life financially needs his head tested going anywhere near that job.

£#%&!ing circus
If you get a 4/5 year contract you're laughing. They're one of the highest payers so you'd be on £75k+

Get fired after a year and you'll get the best part of £15m for a years work.

Nice way to retire.

Unread 22-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Thumbs up Re: Ancelotti sacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
If you get a 4/5 year contract you're laughing. They're one of the highest payers so you'd be on £75k+

Nice way to retire.
I'll do it, where do I sign

Unread 22-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Four time European Cup winner. Wins a Double in his first season. But that's not good enough for a club like Chelsea? What a £#%&!ing joke :£#%&!er:
this.

money can't buy you class.

Unread 22-05-2011, 09:19 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Nice way to retire.
Nice edit

It's daft, half these managers take the job based on what they will earn on being fired

Unread 22-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
75 quid!! Count me in!
?

I didn't edit it.

Unread 22-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Kent Brockman

Looks like it'll be Hiddink next season.

Unread 22-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Tronics

he should have left when Wilkins was given the boot

then he should have left when he found out that his £70M transfer budget was being spent on Torres and a CB

but such a top bloke he thought he could see it through

def didnt deserve to be treated like that

imagine if they get Avram Grant back in some capacity?

Unread 22-05-2011, 09:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Roman is supposed to want him as director of football, apparently

Unread 22-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Roman is supposed to want him as director of football, apparently
Wasn't that what he did when he first went to Chelsea?

Unread 22-05-2011, 10:41 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Latest rumours are Hiddink to take over "Director of Football" roll and Van Basten taking over as manager.

Either way, delighted Ancelloti got the sack, a great footballing man and deserves to manage a club better and bigger than Chelsea.

They have and always will be a small club.

Unread 23-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Fountz

But for the fact that our Manager's a living legend, managed to keep the baying mob relatively placated, and is far too big to play the sacrificial Lamb..

..I'm pretty sure our wonderful owners would have no problem hanging him out to dry.

We'll see what their true colours are when Fergie retires. Just hope they go before he does.

Unread 23-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
But for the fact that our Manager's a living legend, managed to keep the baying mob relatively placated, and is far too big to play the sacrificial Lamb..

..I'm pretty sure our wonderful owners would have no problem hanging him out to dry.

We'll see what their true colours are when Fergie retires. Just hope they go before he does.
Seeing the gimps off and passing the club over to safer hands will be one of Fergie's biggest goals before he leaves. It will shut up the morons that criticised him for not quitting when we got bought out as well.

In the meantime he's helped us knock the scousers off their perch and got to a handful of Champion's League Finals. Greatest manager ever and we should be thankful for everything he's done, particularly over the last five or six years.

Unread 23-05-2011, 03:37 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
I've a bad feeling it'll be Mourinho
Can't see that unless he's sacked. Would he want to work for Abramovich again?

What's Van Gaal doing now?

Hiddinks surely a possibility too.

Unread 23-05-2011, 05:59 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
he should have left when Wilkins was given the boot

then he should have left when he found out that his £70M transfer budget was being spent on Torres and a CB

but such a top bloke he thought he could see it through

def didnt deserve to be treated like that

let's not go over the top ffs. staying after his assistant got the boot over his head and against his wishes is hardly the sign of a 'top bloke', especially when you remember that quitting would have cost him quite a lot in compensation. he stayed on and probably got paid off quite handsomely when they terminated his contract, it's not like he's a £#%&!ing martyr or something.

Unread 23-05-2011, 09:30 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Can't see that unless he's sacked. Would he want to work for Abramovich again?

What's Van Gaal doing now?

Hiddinks surely a possibility too.
Hiddink is nailed on to be part of the Chelsea setup, he's become a "yes man" to Abramovic following his spell in Russia (Didn't Abramovic pay his wages?)

Not overly fussed who gets that job, there becoming less and less of a threat to us with a aging squad.

Unread 23-05-2011, 09:32 AM
armchair

he mentioned west ham but i wonder would qpr be more likely.

Unread 23-05-2011, 09:49 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Hiddink is nailed on to be part of the Chelsea setup, he's become a "yes man" to Abramovic following his spell in Russia (Didn't Abramovic pay his wages?)

Not overly fussed who gets that job, there becoming less and less of a threat to us with a aging squad.
yep - the ageing squad is another reason why there's not a £#%&!ing chance that jose would go back there.

What really puzzles me is that there's only Arsenal who have looked at the main reason for our success and tried to implement the same ethos. They've took it too far, granted but Chelsea etc are £#%&!ing clueless!!

Take Ranieri for example, I think we're all agreed that he was good enough to have done what the managers since have achieved, so had they stuck with him they'd 1. Be no worse off and 2. With continuity be in a much stronger position. (imo)

Unread 23-05-2011, 10:04 AM
dunk

Spoke to one of the Chelsea fans...

'Bit harsh on Ancelotti that'

'Nah, 2nd isn't good enough for a club like Chelsea'

They're £#%&!ing mad.
Closed Thread