I'll give them both until Feb

Unread 26-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Terry Silver

Default Re: Ancelotti sacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
Redknapp to Chelsea

Fat Rafa to Spurs
If true, I'd like to think Modders is already halfway through writing his transfer request.

Unread 03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Baron

Waiting for Dogleash to spaz out & blame it on "stress" by the looks of it...

Or Spurs.

Quote:
Ancelotti open to Premier League trio
October 3, 2011

"I want to manage a team that challenges at the top, and I include Tottenham and Liverpool in that category. Wenger has had a shaky spell at Arsenal in the last few months, and for the national team Capello will be replaced by an Englishman, which will free up a place at a club."

However, he added: "I am in no hurry, I promise. The fact that I'm not coaching does not cause me anguish. In fact, I am enjoying life."

Explaining his desire to stay in England, he said: "For a coach, it is the ideal country. The difference is in the pace of the game and the training. In Italy, it's hard to obtain maximum intensity during the week, but it's the opposite in England - it's difficult to reduce it.

"It's a different type of work culture, plus there's the passion and respect in the stadiums. In two years on the bench at Chelsea, I wasn't insulted by opposition fans. Also: tell me who is the president of Manchester United. No? Me neither. I know he doesn't give interviews. Just like Abramovich."

Asked if he was thinking of AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi, he replied: "Along with many others."

Ancelotti also revealed he is now starting to consider Sir Alex Ferguson the finest manager in the game.

"The more time goes by, the more I fall in love with Ferguson," he said. "He is unusual as a coach. It's not his direct training - he delegates a lot and has an excellent team around him.

"He understands football like few others. Under his management, all players improve - more recently Young. He can take a little-known Korean and make him an important part of the Manchester United team.

"He's not afraid to field young players. Cleverley is one to watch - he's a 22-year-old midfielder and looks very strong. United play a European game - a little bit English, very modern. Finally, and a very important aspect for me, Ferguson is very good, very humble, as a person."
Quality quotes about Fergie though.

Unread 03-10-2011, 03:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

Or Spurs.

Top stuff. I like Ancelotti. His reptutation in no way tarnished after his Chelsea stint.

Unread 03-10-2011, 03:15 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

Or Spurs.

Heh. Can just imagine RAWK frothing at the mouth in response to that.

Unread 03-10-2011, 03:18 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Heh. Can just imagine RAWK frothing at the mouth in response to that.
"There's no place for him here, he said something nice about Ferguson once."

Unread 03-10-2011, 04:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Top stuff. I like Ancelotti. His reptutation in no way tarnished after his Chelsea stint.
Indeed - has always come across as pretty straight and honest.

Yes, he "played the game" on occasions at Chelski - but rarely more than the bare minimum. Just compare to Wafa
Closed Thread