United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:16 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Watching United is like watching England friendlies these days.
It’s not, because I don’t want united to lose

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:17 PM
MJ Ramone

'progress' to me would involve some kind of naievity ..it would involve a few hard luck stories.
A green shoot of the Football to come etc..

None of these things are evident.
This is it.
This is how Mourinho will have us playing for as long as he's in the dugout.

He might spend another quarter billion in the summer, but the Football & mentality will not change.

If results were erratic but the football was encouraging I'd be 100% on Jose's side.

Did their keeper make a save yesterday ffs?

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:40 PM
AK14

Progress for me is that we’re actually beating the top sides consistently again and how mid table-lower table sides aren’t coming here and creating history by beating us for the first time in god knows how long on a consistent basis

The football at times isn’t fantastic, but compared to what was served under Moyes and Van Gaal it’s £#%&!in brilliant

I don’t think Mourinho will be here for years and years, but one thing I’m confident about is we’ll be in a much stronger state than what we were when he joined us and if in that time he wins some trophies then all the better

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:50 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
We scored 2 goals

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
We scored 2 goals
3, sort of. Doesn't mean he had to make a save..

Probably would've helped if he had made a save though.

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:00 PM
puressence

Love the haters of these wins its almost like feries last 5 seasons didnt happen or 2003 to 2006

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
'progress' to me would involve some kind of naievity ..it would involve a few hard luck stories.
A green shoot of the Football to come etc..

None of these things are evident.
This is it.
This is how Mourinho will have us playing for as long as he's in the dugout.

He might spend another quarter billion in the summer, but the Football & mentality will not change.

If results were erratic but the football was encouraging I'd be 100% on Jose's side.

You could say he’s concentrating on making us hard to beat first, and worrying about style later, but that feels like an excuse because it just doesn’t need to look this bad in the final third. There’s no doubting things are better now than under the previous regimes, but what a low bar they set. Results may be better, but we don’t seem to be building any clean, cohesive style. Even when we win big games it’s usually a sloppy mess.

I guess my biggest problem right now is that when you look across the pitch you just see player after player who do not have it in them to take us to the next level, and yet they play game after game; and we’re (Mourinho) acting as though losing Fellaini would be catastrophic when imo he should be among the first out of the door. It’s all very confusing and certainly not cause for optimism.

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:12 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
We scored 2 goals
ffs, you know what I mean.
We very rarely shoot.
We don't work the keeper enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
(Mourinho) acting as though losing Fellaini would be catastrophic when imo he should be among the first out of the door. It’s all very confusing and certainly not cause for optimism.
100% this.
Mourinho should be championing our flair players if he's gonna single players out. It wouldn't £#%&!ing hurt him to say something positive about Martial for example.
But no, it's faithful old Fellaini who gets £#%&!ing rimmed in front of the cameras because the ball looped off his gormless £#%&!ing bonce into the net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Love the haters of these wins its almost like feries last 5 seasons didnt happen or 2003 to 2006
I thought you wanted Mourinho out?

..also, didn't we win 3 League titles & reach 2 European Cup finals in Fergies last 5 years?

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:13 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
“Has he gone yet “

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Ethers

Quote:
So you’re saying 8 of Fergie’s last 10 seasons were basically the same as this season?

Okkkkk.

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:37 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
So you’re saying 8 of Fergie’s last 10 seasons were basically the same as this season?

Okkkkk.
He’s still trying to justify the worst call in the history of sports. Anywhere. By anyone. Ever.

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:47 PM
RemisMoses

At least it was nice to see Mickey t actually up for a game, hope arsenal fans enjoyed him because it doesn't happen very often.

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:49 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
At least it was nice to see Mickey t actually up for a game, hope arsenal fans enjoyed him because it doesn't happen very often.
he wasn't even that good, we just let him walk in for the goal. Our players probably had no idea who he is.

Unread 30-04-2018, 01:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
he wasn't even that good, we just let him walk in for the goal. Our players probably had no idea who he is.
What were Herrera and Matic doing ffs? I’d sub a 10 year old for doing that. Just £#%&!ing sloppy, like most of our play.

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:16 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
I didn't say he was good He was just well up for it, not something we saw much of.

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:39 PM
sub three hours

I don't know what to make of our squad. Watch games like yesterday and despite having the likes of Pogba, Sanchez, Matic and Lingard, we seem to create so little. It's like each of our midfielder players has 1 or 2 decent games in every 4 or 5.

Unread 30-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
I don't know what to make of our squad. Watch games like yesterday and despite having the likes of Pogba, Sanchez, Matic and Lingard, we seem to create so little. It's like each of our midfielder players has 1 or 2 decent games in every 4 or 5.
The wingbacks choke the game. They are the players who have the ball with a bit of space. But when they never take a player on its difficult. Everytime valencia gets the ball its back to the player where its already congested, or drills a shit cross in.

Get some proper full backs which help stretch the game and we will see gaps opening for the front 4.

Unread 30-04-2018, 04:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Reckon the media will ever get as bored as everybody else is of the phrase "Fergie time"
New to our media, pal?

Unread 30-04-2018, 04:56 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
or one bad game in 6