United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Serenity Now

Default Zanetti to retire at the end of the season

Will take up a position in the front office. Been with Inter since 1995. Barely ever had a bad match, let alone a bad season

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:38 PM
S/Side.Red

I remember a couple of years ago before his injury around Feb time he had played the most minutes of any player in Serie A that season.

He was 38

Ridiculous player.

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:38 PM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Will take up a position in the front office. Been with Inter since 1995. Barely ever had a bad match, let alone a bad season
my favourite non united player.

Can remember the name of the @#%&!, but the last argentinian manager didnt select Zanettin for the 2010 world cup the @#%&!, even though he was still ace and playing at the top of his game.

Read an interview about it and the poor @#%&! was gutted.

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
my favourite non united player.

Can remember the name of the @#%&!, but the last argentinian manager didnt select Zanettin for the 2010 world cup the c**t, even though he was still ace and playing at the top of his game.

Read an interview about it and the poor @#%&! was gutted.
His name was Maradona, pal

Didn't Pekerman take Lionel Scaloni in 2006 and leave Zanetti out? Madness.

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:44 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Delighted he eventually won so much with Inter, especially the European Cup. No one deserved it more.

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:45 PM
Rhodzy

His hair never changed.

rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
His name was Maradona, pal

Didn't Pekerman take Lionel Scaloni in 2006 and leave Zanetti out? Madness.
jesus christ!

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
His hair never changed.

Always thought he should have played Superman, tbh.

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:46 PM
ryanMUFC

Inter have been poor since they won the champions league, wonder if him hanging on has hindered any talent from emerging? Always seemed like a top pro. Goodbye sweet prince

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:48 PM
92ToBury

The number of assists he provided for Adriano on PES was ridiculous

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Pop

Old @#%&!.

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:53 PM
taff

Quote:
Will take up a position in the front office.

ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
The number of assists he provided for Adriano on PES was ridiculous
Adriano could assist himself on that game.:shakehead:

S/Side.Red

Quote:
The book he wrote with Gianni Riotta only reinforces the well-established impression of Zanetti as a hard worker, a model professional. After all, this is a guy who even trained on his wedding day. "There's some time to spare, Amore," he recalls telling his wife Paula. "The church ceremony is over. We've exchanged rings. The guests are yet to arrive for the reception. I'm going to go for a jog. I've brought my running shoes."

Some years later while holidaying on the island of Djerba in Tunisia, Paula was mortified to discover that she'd booked a hotel without a gym. There wasn't one nearby either. What would she tell Javier? Inter's fitness coach had drawn up a training schedule. It had him doing 75kg shoulder squats a day. How would he manage to do them without any equipment? She needn't have worried. He'd find a way.

Over dinner one night, Zanetti politely asked Paula how much she weighed -- 50kg. Then he gathered the books they'd brought to read with them and got the cook to measure the bundle on his scales. Some small dumbbells to make up the weight were found on an excursion to a local shopping centre too. On the beach later the following day, Zanetti asked Paula to put on her rucksack -- now full of books -- hold the dumbbells in her hands and get on his back. Up. Down. He got through his repetitions like this.

There's another anecdote that further illustrates his level of commitment. Last year, the Zanettis went to Madrid to pick up some friends at the airport. The flight was delayed, its estimated landing time more than an hour away. "Paula, would you mind if..." She knew what he was about to say. He wanted to go for a run and, ever prepared, had brought his trainers with him. So after getting changed in the toilets, off he went around the terminal. Remarkable, no? "Shortly before our friends came through the gate," Paula recalled, "Javier returned unabashed and fresh as a daisy." Talk about dedication.

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Always thought he should have played Superman, tbh.
Doesn't have the acting credentials mate.

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:55 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
His hair never changed.
"My hair is very important to me. I want my hair to be in order - and that goes for when I am on the pitch as well. Even if we are playing in a storm. Even if I am running through gusts of wind. Everyone, from my wife to my team-mates, ask me how I manage to get through all the games with my hair in perfect order. The truth is that I care about my head. I spend some time in front of the mirror every morning but, I swear, I only use water. I don't use gel and I don't use any cream. It is a question of my image, yes, but also a question of character. If there is a strand of hair out of place then I don't feel good. Yes, I admit, it is an obsession. One thing I can't stand is when people put their fingers through my hair. I can't stand it. Not even when my wife does it." - Zanetti speaking to OK Health magazine.

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:57 PM
Mr Castro

First Kevin Phillips, now this. All those old players I thought would never retire are

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:58 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Holy £#%&!

Puts Rooney and his "Ricky Hatton" diet to shame :shakehead:

Unread 29-04-2014, 10:59 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:
"My hair is very important to me. I want my hair to be in order - and that goes for when I am on the pitch as well. Even if we are playing in a storm. Even if I am running through gusts of wind. Everyone, from my wife to my team-mates, ask me how I manage to get through all the games with my hair in perfect order. The truth is that I care about my head. I spend some time in front of the mirror every morning but, I swear, I only use water. I don't use gel and I don't use any cream. It is a question of my image, yes, but also a question of character. If there is a strand of hair out of place then I don't feel good. Yes, I admit, it is an obsession. One thing I can't stand is when people put their fingers through my hair. I can't stand it. Not even when my wife does it." - Zanetti speaking to OK Health magazine.

Unread 29-04-2014, 11:02 PM
ryanMUFC

Seems a right tight bastard not buying hair products considering he loves his hair. Always thought he looks like a cricketer for the Pakistan cricket team.
Closed Thread