United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2023, 06:32 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Giving you the benefit, that DDG was partially to blame …. even partially adds to his £#%&!ing litany.

We don’t need a new keeper lads this one’s only partially to blame
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Jem, for the first, he looks at the ball, steps left towards it, then slumps right not even an attempt to dive. But, let's give him the benefit on that one. The second goal, its hit piss weak and it takes him an eternity to dive to where the ball is obviously heading - why? He's at fault, no question. Then there's the turnovers where he's hoofed the ball straight back to the City keeper or the City back 4/5. Or he puts it put of touch.

Then there's the absolute fact that he panics everyone because he simply can't play football.

Failing all of that, Seville away, West Ham away, the countless goals he's caused by being unable to clear the ball etc.

Come on, he's £#%&!ing garbage man. He cannot do the modern keeper basics. He just can't. All for backing a player but when you've had as many howlers as him, surely you genuinely don't think we'd be stronger with a better, more accomplished keeper? Like John O'Shea, maybe.
you are arguing against a case I never made. he has weaknesses. we all know what they are. and, if we get a better keeper, all good. I don't give a £#%&! about de gea. but I do like to assess the game properly and his performance fairly.

it's not as simple as saying de gea cost us the game because he was at fault for the second goal. you can bet 10h doesn't see it that way. we (typically for us) gave away a needless free kick in a dangerous position. we failed to mark the obvious targets on the edge of the box or to close down properly when the ball went there. I can tell you that I was £#%&!ing screaming at the tv before the free kick was taken. then varane ducked out of it, the same way he ducked away from the first.

some people seem to think that none of the above matters, because it is "de gea's £#%&!ing job" to save every shot. it was a lame shot and it bounced a couple of times (which doesn't necessarily make it easier, but whatever), but it is fair to point out that de gea was unsighted and dived late (the ball had already passed casemiro by the time he saw it and dived). that said, he was badly positioned, was arguably slow to dive and, having got a hand to it, kind of limp-wristed. I think he should have saved it.

his distribution was poor throughout.

so... there is either that or "ffs, de gea". every £#%&!ing time.

I suppose we should be glad that akers had moved on from "ffs, shaw" every £#%&!ing game, at least.

Unread 03-06-2023, 06:32 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
There’s very little excitement in how they play from the little I’ve seen. It’s technically excellent, very efficient safety-first football, punctuated by moments of quality or where the opposition loses concentration.

Would prefer watching us any day of the week. It’s chaotic at times but it’s thrilling football when we’ve got our backs up and keep going at it. Watching Garnacho down that wing is absolutely sublime stuff.
Cities football makes me physically heave, it's vile to watch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Get Jadon Sancho out of this football club.
Huge call for the manager but he has to get rid now, whilst there's still some resale value.
That @#%&! will NEVER have what it takes to play for this club. 80mill and £#%&!ing anonymous. AGAIN.
Preach.... That 50/50 with Kyle walker, the twinkle toe corridor runs...

He's a weak coward who doesn't fit ..

Unread 03-06-2023, 06:36 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Frustrating, in large part because they are not that good. We were in that game for the vast majority despite Sancho, Eriksen + DDG not being worth the flesh they fill their boots with. City can win the Treble this season but no one will convince me that a side with Stones, Akanji, 33 yr old Walker, Grealish is superior to our team in 99 or Moscow, Mourinho's mid 00s Chelsea team or Arsenal's Invincibles. The other side of the Faustian pact that stopped Liverpool sweeping everything up over the past few seasons is that now they've fallen off, there is absolutely no finished-article team to contend with City. We are still makeshift, Arsenal are young and carrying a bunch of mediocre players etc. The level of competition City has faced domestically and in Europe this year (Ancellotti sending Modric + Kroos to the Ethiad and leaving Tchouameni on the bench and Camavinga at full back) is an absolute joke. There is no precedent for it ever being so bad in modern football.

Strange as it sounds think Ole would have stood a better chance in this game. He would have started Garnacho and really played on the break .. which is why he actually had a good record against City comparably. We all know Eriksen is finished .. and that's why we should all understand why Mount is seen as such a priority. DDG absolutely diabolical on the second. Everyone should have seen Eriksen being shite in this game a mile away. Fielding a player like him is absolute £#%&!ing ambrosia to Guardiola. He's an empty shirt at this level of football.

Had our chances to score .. ultimately you're not going to win much when you score sub-60 league goals in a season. Very hard to come back into games. ETH sides did score a lot in Holland .. so let's presume it is personnel not tactics that is the issue .. either way, needs rectifying next season or else this year will have been an outlier

Unread 03-06-2023, 06:39 PM
Sparky***

Went exactly as i expected, the only surprise was that City didn't run in another 2 goals but i suspect they held back a bit once they went 2-1 up and managed the game with little fuss with an eye on next weekend.

We are still extremely dysfunctional and going forward at times we are absolutely appalling. Apart from the last 10 mins when Garnacho came on we did absolutely nothing to bother the City keeper and gave them a very comfortable afternoon with our constant, predictable, awful distribution from the back.

City gave the type of performance you'd expect from seasoned winners who have total belief in what they're doing and complete trust in their team mates. Watching Fred chase De Bruyne like a lost puppy around was absolutely embarrassing, he didn't even phase him.

We looked exactly what we are - a work in progress with several areas are still woefully inadequate, particularly up front.

Unread 03-06-2023, 06:43 PM
M45

Blue @#%&!s

Unread 03-06-2023, 07:11 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by M45
Blue @#%&!s
Succinct summary.

Unread 03-06-2023, 07:20 PM
Switching Off

Lots of excuses. They're not exciting as they win another trophy.

Pray for Inter.

Unread 03-06-2023, 07:45 PM
Dr Gonzo

Not embarrassed by the scoreline, but embarrassing that we could only had McAverage and Weggy to bring on from the bench ..

Unread 03-06-2023, 07:48 PM
NedKelly

Rage has worn off and now just disappointed. Pray they don’t win the treble but overall it’s been a good season for us, it’s vital we build on that now. We’ve had too many false dawns over the last decade.

Unread 03-06-2023, 07:51 PM
Jethro

Quote:
There’s very little excitement in how they play from the little I’ve seen. It’s technically excellent, very efficient safety-first football, punctuated by moments of quality or where the opposition loses concentration.

Would prefer watching us any day of the week. It’s chaotic at times but it’s thrilling football when we’ve got our backs up and keep going at it. Watching Garnacho down that wing is absolutely sublime stuff.
Amen. His Barca side were lit up by a once in a lifetime team of players and he somehow managed to make them dull. Bayern dull, City so methodical. Sucks the joy out of the game. Zero passion or drama.

The playoffs were better value for money.

Unread 03-06-2023, 07:53 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Amen. His Barca side were lit up by a once in a lifetime team of players and he somehow managed to make them dull. Bayern dull, City so methodical. Sucks the joy out of the game. Zero passion or drama.

The playoffs were better value for money.
He’s Mourinho for the modern age. Btw I think the 2014-15 Barca side were better. Matched everything “Pep” did and did it playing more entertaining football.

Unread 03-06-2023, 08:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Rage has worn off and now just disappointed. Pray they don’t win the treble but overall it’s been a good season for us, it’s vital we build on that now. We’ve had too many false dawns over the last decade.
They’re going to win the treble. Is what it is, but I’ll take us being successful and them being successful over what we’ve had from Us in the last few years. We’re on the up and up. £#%&! them.

Unread 03-06-2023, 09:37 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Went exactly as i expected, the only surprise was that City didn't run in another 2 goals but i suspect they held back a bit once they went 2-1 up and managed the game with little fuss with an eye on next weekend.

We are still extremely dysfunctional and going forward at times we are absolutely appalling. Apart from the last 10 mins when Garnacho came on we did absolutely nothing to bother the City keeper and gave them a very comfortable afternoon with our constant, predictable, awful distribution from the back.

City gave the type of performance you'd expect from seasoned winners who have total belief in what they're doing and complete trust in their team mates. Watching Fred chase De Bruyne like a lost puppy around was absolutely embarrassing, he didn't even phase him.

We looked exactly what we are - a work in progress with several areas are still woefully inadequate, particularly up front.
Must have been a different City who were absolutely shitting it with 20 minutes to go, throwing on defenders left right and centre, cheering throw ins and corners, while shithousing to a level Sevilla would be proud of.

They were on the ropes, and as hard as he tried if we’d had someone better than Weghorst to throw on we’d have done them.

Unread 03-06-2023, 09:54 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Must have been a different City who were absolutely shitting it with 20 minutes to go, throwing on defenders left right and centre, cheering throw ins and corners, while shithousing to a level Sevilla would be proud of.

They were on the ropes, and as hard as he tried if we’d had someone better than Weghorst to throw on we’d have done them.
Weghorst is a child of the Glazers. That chicken that came home to roost.

Unread 03-06-2023, 10:05 PM
silv

Quote:

they were there for the £#%&!ing taking today and two stupid goals let us down

Unread 03-06-2023, 10:11 PM
ryanMUFC

Wasn’t a bad day to be honest.

Result is disappointing (no shit) but we have a decent account of ourselves. The goals we let in were ridiculous but we moved the ball around pretty well considering they’re financial dopes with 115 charges against them.

The biggest take from today was how much better our support is. Not necessarily reflected in the stadium with the timing of their goals but around Kilburn and Wembley way. They’ve become everything they hated about us in the 90’s/early 00’s.. and if they didn’t have these new fans we’d still rip the piss out of them for having no fans.

Unread 03-06-2023, 10:13 PM
Buck

First ten minutes looked ominous. The goal, the header just wide and a few other forays forward by City that were far too simple. After that I thought we played fairly well. Garnacho was toying with their defenders when he came on. Sancho has looked better in the last few weeks and he's generally pretty composed when he gets a chance to score but it wasn't his day. He's good at linking up with the other players with quick intricate pass and move football but what Garnacho offered was just a directness to run with the ball which made the City players looked nervous having to backtrack whenever he got it. It freed up Rashford too. Just a shame the other attacking sub was Weghorst but it was always going to be that way. Next season I am excited to see what the plan will be given Amad has just had a great season on loan and Pellistri looks talented when he got on the pitch this season.

Unread 03-06-2023, 10:18 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Wasn’t a bad day to be honest.

Result is disappointing (no shit) but we have a decent account of ourselves. The goals we let in were ridiculous but we moved the ball around pretty well considering they’re financial dopes with 115 charges against them.

The biggest take from today was how much better our support is. Not necessarily reflected in the stadium with the timing of their goals but around Kilburn and Wembley way. They’ve become everything they hated about us in the 90’s/early 00’s.. and if they didn’t have these new fans we’d still rip the piss out of them for having no fans.
What does it matter how fans were outside the ground
What matters is the support they give inside the ground

Yes them leading after 13 seconds and leading for most of the match isn’t ideal but our support has to be much more vocal than it was today
Sadly we are a sing when your winning crowd (like most of English football) and have been for some time

The TRA has helped a lot with the atmosphere at OT but there’s still a long way to go to get our support back to how it once was

Unread 03-06-2023, 10:27 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
What does it matter how fans were outside the ground
What matters is the support they give inside the ground

Yes them leading after 13 seconds and leading for most of the match isn’t ideal but our support has to be much more vocal than it was today
Sadly we are a sing when your winning crowd (like most of English football) and have been for some time

The TRA has helped a lot with the atmosphere at OT but there’s still a long way to go to get our support back to how it once was
We weren’t that bad inside the ground considering. Didn’t hear much coming from the lower parts. I don’t think we’ve mastered putting the right people in the right parts of the ground at Wembley.

The TRA is good at OT but seems disjointed to the rest of the stadium. £#%&! it anyway. I’m going to book a holiday.

Unread 03-06-2023, 10:36 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
We weren’t that bad inside the ground considering. Didn’t hear much coming from the lower parts. I don’t think we’ve mastered putting the right people in the right parts of the ground at Wembley.

The TRA is good at OT but seems disjointed to the rest of the stadium. £#%&! it anyway. I’m going to book a holiday.
That’s why we need organised support like the ultra groups in continental Europe
Just rocking up to the stadium and expecting to create a great atmosphere is not going to work anymore, it’s not the 1970s anymore

For finals at Wembley we should have a ultra style group made up of mainly young lads in a central location and the rest of our support takes their cue off the songs they start so it spreads out from that central location
Closed Thread