United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-05-2023, 10:25 PM
Medlock

Was out in town last night. Zero indication of title boozing.

Unread 24-05-2023, 08:30 AM
Hyman_Roth

Slap head calls for a quick verdict on city’s cheating. Sounds like they’ve reached an agreement on the charges - probably a £10k fine and Patrice Evra to do community service.

I’m hoping the juve thing at least give the prem some %@#$&!s over all this but I’m not expecting anything.

https://amp.theguardian.com/football...r-city-charges

Unread 24-05-2023, 11:51 AM
Switching Off

City said they have "irrefutable evidence" clearing them of wrongdoing. Instead of submitting it they are spending forever arguing minor technical points on the process, like they did with UEFA.

Unread 24-05-2023, 11:58 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
City said they have "irrefutable evidence" clearing them of wrongdoing. Instead of submitting it they are spending forever arguing minor technical points on the process, like they did with UEFA.
If they’re being this gung ho about sorting it they must feel they’ve found the correct wheel to grease.

Unread 24-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Sparky***

I see Newcastle have picked up their copy of “sports washing made easy” foreword by Abu Dhabi

Unread 24-05-2023, 12:10 PM
dunk

Wonder if Pep fancies walking off into the distance if they spawn a treble. Distance himself from the inevitable circus and any potential fallout nice and early..

Unread 24-05-2023, 12:45 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Wonder if Pep fancies walking off into the distance if they spawn a treble. Distance himself from the inevitable circus and any potential fallout nice and early..
That and having Newcastle being able to fill their ground legitimately so can outspend him without cheating.

Unread 28-05-2023, 09:48 AM
CyrilSkeer

More examples of cheating, no doubt Martin Samuel will be along quick sharp with an article to claim its all legitimate......

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...g-players.html

Unread 28-05-2023, 10:24 AM
dunk

I’ve been whinging about them doing that for years. That is what their net spend looks so healthy, any major sales go on City’s books for FFP boosting their spending power. It’s bent.

Unread 28-05-2023, 11:04 AM
believe

I remember when we used to do it quite well.

Unread 28-05-2023, 11:06 AM
dunk

We’ve never done what they’re doing.

Unread 28-05-2023, 11:56 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I remember when we used to do it quite well.
Oh yeah, I remember vividly how we were a franchise that existed as part of a network of 12 clubs from Manchester to Japan, spanning every continent in the world bar Antarctica, all operating under the ownership of the same company (which last posted losses of $200 million) so that funds could just be shifted to wherever they were needed to sidestep any rules we were breaking.

Yep. Remember it like it was yesterday. You absolute £#%&!ing berk.

Unread 28-05-2023, 11:57 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Oh yeah, I remember vividly how we were a franchise that existed as part of a network of 12 clubs from Manchester to Japan, spanning every continent in the world bar Antarctica, all operating under the ownership of the same company (which last posted losses of $200 million) so that funds could just be shifted to wherever they were needed to sidestep any rules we were breaking.

Unread 28-05-2023, 12:05 PM
believe

Quote:

It’s difficult to keep up with when you’re support of United began and ended, then began again but we constantly used our power to Hoover up the best talent in Europe regardless of whether they played or not. Tosic, Llajic and Mikel were examples that I can think of but yeah, Bad bad City,

Unread 28-05-2023, 12:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
It’s difficult to keep up with when you’re support of United began and ended, then began again but we constantly used our power to Hoover up the best talent in Europe regardless of whether they played or not. Tosic, Llajic and Mikel were examples that I can think of but yeah, Bad bad City,
Wow those are some serious talents you've listed there and totally dismantles whatever argument i may have had. Thank you Sheikh Jug-ears.

I know this is where you would expect someone to get into a tedious, multi-post waffle-a-thon where we take increasingly more bitchy and personal digs at each other in a futile attempt to win a pointless internet argument.

But it's sunny outside for once and i'd rather do something i enjoy. laters.

Unread 28-05-2023, 12:13 PM
believe

Thumbs up

Quote:
Wow those are some serious talents you've listed there and totally dismantles whatever argument i may have had. Thank you Sheikh Jug-ears.

I know this is where you would expect someone to get into a tedious, multi-post waffle-a-thon where we take increasingly more bitchy and personal digs at each other in a futile attempt to win a pointless internet argument.

But it's sunny outside for once and i'd rather do something i enjoy. laters.
Apology accepted

Unread 28-05-2023, 12:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
Signing 1 or 2 youngsters, bringing them to the club in the hope they make the grade, putting them through our Youth and reserve teams, giving them a bit of a taste of first team football, then ending up selling them for about the same as we got them for is hardly the same as industrial level player farming on a global scale to generate dubious income.

Oh, and Ljajic and Mikel never actually joined for United.

Unread 28-05-2023, 01:01 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Signing 1 or 2 youngsters, bringing them to the club in the hope they make the grade, putting them through our Youth and reserve teams, giving them a bit of a taste of first team football, then ending up selling them for about the same as we got them for is hardly the same as industrial level player farming on a global scale to generate dubious income.

Oh, and Ljajic and Mikel never actually joined for United.
Didn’t we go through the courts to make Chelsea pay for Mikel?

Unread 31-05-2023, 07:59 PM
magic_cantona

Unread 01-06-2023, 06:44 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Defo a city academy player primed with answers
Closed Thread