United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Should be go, effective immediately?
Yes. 132 75.00%
No. 44 25.00%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2014, 06:59 PM
My Name is Keith

Was utterly underwhelmed by his appointment but argued at the start of the season that he should be given time (at least one season). I defended him in the early stages of the season and even coined the long since disbanded 'Core of Steel' society - to give us strength during a difficult transition.

How wrong can one man be? Pretty damn wrong is the answer and unlike a lot of people on here, I'm quite happy to admit it.

Put it this way, I'd happily go down to carrington tonight and shoot the @#%&! myself if I didn't have splash to watch with the kids.

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:00 PM
Arnold Muhren

#gottothebylinereds

£#%&! off Motes and take Cleverley, Welbeck and Young with you. @#%&!.

VodkaAndCoke

I'm all for giving a manager time if he's a proven winner or the team is showing signs of progression but after six months I still have no idea how he wants us to play. Neither does he I'd imagine. Get rid.

Never going to happen so soon though, Ferie won't allow it.

Luffy

The only concern with sacking him is who can we bring in short term before we go for Klopp.

Also how much will it cost us cos 6 yrs is a lot to pay off...I hope we had a 1 season clause in there or some kind points minimum...

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:02 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
The only concern with sacking him is who can we bring in short term before we go for Klopp.

Also how much will it cost us cos 6 yrs is a lot to pay off...I hope we had a 1 season clause in there or some kind points minimum...

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:03 PM
Chipsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The players have their limitations as we all know, but are better than Moyes is currently making them look - MUCH better.

Nft.
Are they?

Probably, but not by much!

Evra, Ferdinand and Vidic are gone
Evans and Smalling will never be good enough to start week after week.
Jones hasn't improved for a long time.
Young, Valencia, Cleverley, Welbeck, Buttner, Lindergard are shite and shouldn't be anywhere near the squad.
Giggs.....
Fellani!!!
Nani is finished

I would say De Gea, Fat boy, RvP and now Mata are top players. We have one or two good prem players (Carrick, Rafael) a few decent squad players. And a dozen or more that shouldn't be here.

Edit- says it all for our squad that a 18 year old is one of our best players!!!

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
I would settle for Giggs IF it meant he finally £#%&!ing retired from playing, tbh

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Blagger

I agree with a lot that's been said already. Tactically, he just is not impressive enough; he's one of the most uncreative managers of which I can think. Nor is he able to realise and develop the potential of any of the current players. I also think that he's created a cloud of despair around the club, and it has begun to detrimentally affect the players. He's dug himself into a hole, one of the primary consequences of which is that the players have become uninspired. But, paradoxically, he needs to inspire the players in order to dig himself out. I see no solution, other than to let him go.

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Neo

Still happy to give him up until Christmas 2014. See who he buys in the summer, and what kind of system he implements at the start of next season with his players.

He's £#%&!ed off Anderson and bought in Mata, and despite the result tonight, he set up in the way I want to see us - with Van Persie up top, Rooney, Mata and Young behind, and two natural centre-mids. Just a shame it was Young instead of Januzaj/Kagawa.

By next season I expect Januzaj to be starting most games, a top-class central midfielder signed, in addition to a new left-back. Hopefully Moyes and Woodward have learnt from the shambles of last summer, and will get their business done efficiently.

If he signs failures, continues to play shit-on-a-stick, one-dimensional football, and has us languishing outside of the title race by Christmas 2014, then I'd gladly see him sacked. However, the joy of seeing him turn it around and lead us to trophies over the long-term far outweighs the short-term pain I'm experiencing at the moment. A title-winning, Moyes-led United will be more sickening for ABU nation than anything under Fergie.

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:15 PM
ziggyman17

never thought he was right for the job... getting hammered by city and I said give him the benefit being his first season and that, losing at home to Everton, Newcastle and Spurs in the space of a month and I wanted the £#%&!er gone.. the end cannot come quick enough now....... From the start he should have never been allowed to bring his Everton backroom team with him,

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:16 PM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hver
Board made a big mistake with his appointment and should correct their miskake and shack him. But no they wont to that since they are so hell bent on showing that we are not a shacking club.
surprised, and delighted to see that sean connery is a red tbh..

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:17 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Still happy to give him up until Christmas 2014. See who he buys in the summer, and what kind of system he implements at the start of next season with his players.

He's £#%&!ed off Anderson and bought in Mata, and despite the result tonight, he set up in the way I want to see us - with Van Persie up top, Rooney, Mata and Young behind, and two natural centre-mids. Just a shame it was Young instead of Januzaj/Kagawa.

By next season I expect Januzaj to be starting most games, a top-class central midfielder signed, in addition to a new left-back. Hopefully Moyes and Woodward have learnt from the shambles of last summer, and will get their business done efficiently.

If he signs failures, continues to play shit-on-a-stick, one-dimensional football, and has us languishing outside of the title race by Christmas 2014, then I'd gladly see him sacked. However, the joy of seeing him turn it around and lead us to trophies over the long-term far outweighs the short-term pain I'm experiencing at the moment. A title-winning, Moyes-led United will be more sickening for ABU nation than anything under Fergie.
The problem is he has a good set of players and can't get them looking better than a relegation side.

It's not likes he's inherited Aston villa, he's got internationals.

Sometimes as Utd fans always sat at the top table we lose sight of the big picture. We don't NEED a world class player in every position to win matches against teams like Stoke. You don't even need better players, you just need to be a better team.

We have vastly better players yet we don't look like a team at all. Don't defend or attack as a unit.

For all the bad luck moyes has, he's got the best job in football, good facilities, lots of money and backing from top to bottom at this club, an exciting squad and a £#%&!ing good salary to boot. Most managers would kill for this job.

So he has to be better than most managers. So far he isn't.

He'll making a killing on his book and maybe end up managing England or Scotland or something. But £#%&! off out of here ffs.

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
NO
This. Wanted Jose didn't get him. Happy to support the man in the job till the end of the season.

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:34 PM
Barracuda

Wasn't qualified to to the job and should never have been appointed - most of us could see what was going to happen a mile away. It's been even worse than expected, he's got a top-two side down near mid-table, he's just not up to it.

I just cannot see any team run by Moyes, Round, Carpenter and Neville ever winning a Premier League title or Champions League - they don't promote winning football, their whole style is too easy to deal with and too easy to score against - draws and defeats are too common.

Can't see the point in persevering with him, it's never going to work, it's prolonging the agony

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:38 PM
billynomates

Actually registered just to say I never wanted Moyes in the first place ... want him even less now. He's clueless, boring, cowardly, tactically inept, the players obviously think he's a tool and on top of that he's the unluckiest man in the league.

Motes is Jonah, chain an anchor to him and make him walk the plank before the whole club goes down.

(I accept no responsibility for excessive use of hyperbole)

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Would probably do better job than Moyes. If he was appointed. 007 to rescue

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:40 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by billynomates
Actually registered just to say I never wanted Moyes in the first place ... want him even less now. He's clueless, boring, cowardly, tactically inept, the players obviously think he's a tool and on top of that he's the unluckiest man in the league.

Motes is Jonah, chain an anchor to him and make him walk the plank before the whole club goes down.

(I accept no responsibility for excessive use of hyperbole)
Moyes even killing the lurkers... :shakehead:

... when will this torment end?

Unread 01-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

Oh, and Moyes out. And the rest ofthe shit@#%&! coaching staff
Oh the £#%&!ing typo gremlins at again.

Fixed:
Board made a big mistake with his appointment and should correct their mistake and sack him. But no they wont do that since they are so hell bent on showing that we are not a sacking club.
Closed Thread