United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
comparing sane to giggs and saying he's never seen three better goals in a half?

£#%&! off.
I think the Sane and Giggs similarity is fair. Perhaps the player most resembling a young Giggs in the game.

The second goal was brilliant but otherwise Arsenal a step behind imo.

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:44 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE1948
BR this league will be just like the Scottish league and Celtic from here on so get use to it.
I think it will be tighter next season.

Everything has gone for them (although they've made it happen themselves) and then you get that momentum, the big lead and there's no looking back.

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:46 PM
TheKitchenSink

Arsenal are done as a top level team. Have been for a while tbf but you can see that the quality just isn't there across the squad. Aubameyang must be wondering what he's walked into.

sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
comparing sane to giggs and saying he's never seen three better goals in a half?

£#%&! off.

I know what you mean jem, but on tonights performance so far, If Sane didn't come out for the second half, he'd still probably be man of the match.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Genuinely don’t know what he’s on about
He's calling you out for your Welbeck love back in the day, pal. Got you there.

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Sparky***

Not good tbh. 2 trophies in the bag.

Then after early April they can concentrate entirely on Europe

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:47 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:49 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Everything has gone for them (although they've made it happen themselves) and then you get that momentum, the big lead and there's no looking back.
Problem is that Guardiola doesn't let standards slip. His teams tend to be relentless. Battered Arsenal at the weekend and with the league all but sewn up it would have been easy for them to be complacent tonight. Just doesn't ever happen with his sides.

They surely won't get quite as many points but it wouldn't surprise me if it's similarly dominant. £#%&! knows who they buy this summer with that money set aside for Alexis. If they add more depth in midfield, get Mendy back etc you're talking a huge task in catching them.

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:52 PM
MOE1948

Quote:

The problem is an elite player us or any other team needed to make the difference can be bought by them to use as a sub.

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:52 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Problem is that Guardiola doesn't let standards slip. His teams tend to be relentless. Battered Arsenal at the weekend and with the league all but sewn up it would have been easy for them to be complacent tonight. Just doesn't ever happen with his sides.

They surely won't get quite as many points but it wouldn't surprise me if it's similarly dominant. f*** knows who they buy this summer with that money set aside for Alexis. If they add more depth in midfield, get Mendy back etc you're talking a huge task in catching them.

f*** it. Concentrate on ourselves. Enough to be thinking about

The comeback is on!!!

EDIT: Arsenal's, not ours

EDIT: Maybe neither

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:57 PM
Pop

£#%&!ing dicksplashes.

Ty's defense of Wenger will be interesting tonight.

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:58 PM
Clarkie

That Ederson guy is a creep

Unread 01-03-2018, 08:59 PM
S/Side.Red

If Arsenal have anything about them they'll start breaking a few legs.

Unread 01-03-2018, 09:02 PM
jem

breaking play up illegally = doing his job.

Quote:
I think the Sane and Giggs similarity is fair. Perhaps the player most resembling a young Giggs in the game.

The second goal was brilliant but otherwise Arsenal a step behind imo.
oh, siders. no. just.... no.

Unread 01-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

They surely won't get quite as many points but it wouldn't surprise me if it's similarly dominant. £#%&! knows who they buy this summer with that money set aside for Alexis. If they add more depth in midfield, get Mendy back etc you're talking a huge task in catching them.
Their attitude and intensity this season has been brilliant. Can count on one hand the amount of bad performances.

The biggest issue is can the teams in this league figure out a way to play against his style because so far nobody has been able to get to grips with it.

Unread 01-03-2018, 09:06 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:

They surely won't get quite as many points but it wouldn't surprise me if it's similarly dominant. f*** knows who they buy this summer with that money set aside for Alexis. If they add more depth in midfield, get Mendy back etc you're talking a huge task in catching them.
They'll be strong favourites and rightly so, but we saw with Chelsea and Leicester just how good a bit of momentum and things falling in to place can look.

That's not to say City aren't much better than those two, they are, but all it takes is a bit of shit going against them early doors and they'll be facing a whole new challenge.

Unread 01-03-2018, 09:07 PM
jem

can't remember a commentary duo praising constant fouling so much. from a team that doesn't need to do it. I mean... otamendi needs to do it because he's shit, but not 3-0 up against this shite.

Unread 01-03-2018, 09:08 PM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
I know I'm a United supporter and all but, I've never heard ANY team or manager in world football, throughout my years, have their arse licked like this.

Not even us when we won the treble
There was a fair bit of that thrown Arsenal's way back when they had a proper side. You'd think they'd invented a new way of playing football. They were even given a special trophy, ffs. It was very similar to what is happening now with City. Hopefully, ends the same way.

Unread 01-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
If Arsenal have anything about them they'll start breaking a few legs.
I see the problem in the first six words.
Closed Thread