United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2007, 12:35 PM
Darth Vidic

Well we were devestating last season when we had Saha in the team but him, Rooney & Ronaldo were swapping positions regularly, right from the opening day.

When Ruud was at his best we had someone like Beckham, Ruud made calculated runs and he was the main focus, now we have someone like Ronaldo who is unpredictable and who's game would be limited if we had to focus our attack around one player, who the team might have to do the running for.

Unread 29-08-2007, 12:38 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Well we were devestating last season when we had Saha in the team but him, Rooney & Ronaldo were swapping positions regularly, right from the opening day.

When Ruud was at his best we had someone like Beckham, Ruud made calculated runs and he was the main focus, now we have someone like Ronaldo who is unpredictable and who's game would be limited if we had to focus our attack around one player, who the team might have to do the running for.
OK, but players being mentioned as alternatives are Anelka, Defoe and Berbatov. Now None of these 3 are known for running the channels and swapping positions as you suggest Saha does at his best. To be honest Huntelaars movement is one of his best assets and I can't see a problem with him playing in our system.

Unread 29-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think he is pretty mobile and I'm not sure where this idea he's slow has come from either. He is still young but is very sharp off the mark has decent pace and is a fantastic finisher. There are comparisons to be made with Ruud when he signed, thing is, if Ruud hadn't got injuries and lost so much pace there would've been no need to sell him, so what's the problem if Hunter is similar? As to him playing in an "interchanging attack" with Rooney and Ronnie, I thought we were talking about getting an out and out centre forward?
the crux... everyone else behind should be spinning about all over the shop, we just need someone with enough nous & movement to get on the end of all the chances we've created. So long as he can play with his back to goal & have enough pace to get his shot off going forwards there's no disgrace in not having this blistering pace, we rarely lump it over the top regardless. I've seen Hunterlaar a few times, he's very clinical & is a reasonable unit in size, I wouldn't be gutted if he signed but realistically I'd love for Saha to be the man to do it as he has literally everything we need. Can he ever be relied on though? I suspect not. Sadly.

Unread 29-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Darth Vidic

Torres would have been ideal, with Eto'o being unrealistic.

Unread 29-08-2007, 02:23 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Torres would have been ideal, with Eto'o being unrealistic.
I was quite jealous of that, as an isolated signing.

And I still am.

We've missed out there. Very sorry to see the lad join the Dark Side.

Unread 29-08-2007, 02:28 PM
Darth Vidic

I'm still optimistic about what Tevez & Rooney can do together, along with Ronaldo. Imagine if we had got Torres as well as Tevez though

Was it the price?
Closed Thread