United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:11 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
If Ajax are knocked out tonight. £12million for Huntelaar, forget about berbatov. He'll be at Madrid next Summer anyways.
The Hunter bagged 4 at the weekend. Course it was against a pub team, a blind pub team from the highlights I saw.

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:13 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I didn't give him stick, just said I wouldn't sign him.
Not aimed at you specifically, Bedders.

There just always seems to be a general 'please God, anyone but him' feeling on here. He doesn't deserve that. We could do worse.

It has to be Anelka if anyone for me. He may not be as 'classy' as Berbatov but he's more what we need would cost a fraction of the price and fraction of the fuss.

Re Saha, Fergie did seem confident but used the qualifier 'should'. If it was that much of an issue I don't think he would've spoken so extensively and positively about him when questioned.

He just wasn't quite ready. No big deal. It's only because it's Saha that it's an issue. Anderson has been set to play for weeks now and hasn't but no one cares about that.

I think it's being blown out of proportion.

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:17 AM
rebelcountyred

if we do go for a striker i hope it's not berbatov not because i don't rate him just that we have no chance of signing him, anelka would be a more realistic target and would suit us down to the ground.

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:21 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
if we do go for a striker i hope it's not berbatov not because i don't rate him just that we have no chance of signing him, anelka would be a more realistic target and would suit us down to the ground.
Agreed.

I also think there's more current question marks over Berbatov's temperament than the notorious temperament of Anelka.

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
I'd certainly prefer Anelka to Defoe. Berbatov, I'm not sure of, not ideally suited to the role we might ask him to play but extremely talented. I'm kinda with Whalers, get a bid in for the Hunter.

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
I'd take Defoe. Can't believe I just posted that.
Another midget?

We should sign Teddy Sheringham.

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:26 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I'd certainly prefer Anelka to Defoe. Berbatov, I'm not sure of, not ideally suited to the role we might ask him to play but extremely talented. I'm kinda with Whalers, get a bid in for the Hunter.
That's how I feel about Berbatov. So mouth wateringly talented that he'd interest anyone, but Anelka is much more what we need.

I worry that he blows hot and cold too. Take Sunday, he had that brilliant moment on the edge of the box where he nearly fashioned a stunning equaliser and drew the usual 'class act' plaudits, but for the most part he was totally anonymous, didn't want to fight or scrap and got so frustrated he waved his arms around more than Giggs and eventually got booked.

Anelka for me. It's a no brainer. He's ideal.

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:27 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurf
Another midget?

We should sign Teddy Sheringham.
Has Andy Cole definetly signed for Sunderland yet?

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:32 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Has Andy Cole definetly signed for Sunderland yet?
Yeah and that should free up Stern John.....

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Whalefish

Reading between the lines Harry is offloading Nugent to buy Anelka.

If Utd were interested in 'le Sulk' I think he'd be here by now.

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:33 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Reading between the lines Harry is offloading Nugent to buy Anelka.

If Utd were interested in 'le Sulk' I think he'd be here by now.
me too mate ..anelka wants it aswell

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:36 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
me too mate ..anelka wants it aswell
Didn't you want Nugent for United at one point effers?

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Didn't you want Nugent for United at one point effers?
Name any mediocre player and pure has suggested United sign him at one point or another.

Unread 29-08-2007, 09:45 AM
dodger

I've been saying since last season that he won't play any part for us this term and I stand by that. We've dropped a %@#$&! by not replacing him. And if he goes to the France squad he can £#%&!ing stay there.

Unread 29-08-2007, 11:42 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
If Ajax are knocked out tonight. £12million for Huntelaar,
An inferior version of Ruud who the team would have to do the running for and slow us down?

Unread 29-08-2007, 11:50 AM
macawber

Quote:
I'm a big fan of Saha but if he gets called up for France and actually goes along I will be stunned.
I dont know why you would be stunned, Ok he is a reasonable striker and just what we need right now but the bloke is a @#%&! who only thinks of himself, will never ever be a team player and I will be stunned if the @#%&! does not go to play for the pouting cowardly bastards.
Saha should be sold pronto and get someone in who is prepared to put the team before their own self important world.

Unread 29-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Darth Vidic

He's more than reasonable, he's fantastic for us, and puts himself about so I'm not sure where this 'selfish' thing comes from.

He had to have an operation so he obviously wasn't lying when he said he was injured

Unread 29-08-2007, 12:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
An inferior version of Ruud who the team would have to do the running for and slow us down?
How much of him have you seen?

Unread 29-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Darth Vidic

Not much, some international games and the pre-season game against us.

Am I wrong then? Is he a mobile, all action forward with the movement, passing and pace to be effective in an interchanging attack with Rooney & Ronaldo?

Unread 29-08-2007, 12:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Not much, some international games and the pre-season game against us.

Am I wrong then? Is he a mobile, all action forward with the movement, passing and pace to be effective in an interchanging attack with Rooney & Ronaldo?
I think he is pretty mobile and I'm not sure where this idea he's slow has come from either. He is still young but is very sharp off the mark has decent pace and is a fantastic finisher. There are comparisons to be made with Ruud when he signed, thing is, if Ruud hadn't got injuries and lost so much pace there would've been no need to sell him, so what's the problem if Hunter is similar? As to him playing in an "interchanging attack" with Rooney and Ronnie, I thought we were talking about getting an out and out centre forward?
Closed Thread