United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-10-2010, 03:01 PM
wiganste

Football Another day, another Tevez story

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...437074,00.html

Quote:
Carlos Tevez admits he has grown disillusioned with football and could walk away from the game at any time.

The Manchester City striker has revealed that the stresses of life as a Premier League performer are taking their toll on his body and mind.

He may only be 26, but the Argentina international claims his distinguished career to date has left him drained.

Tevez hinted over the summer that he could soon quit professional football after finding it hard to motivate himself for the new campaign.

He has, however, remained a stand-out performer for City and has been handed the captain's armband at Eastlands by boss Roberto Mancini.

That, though, has done little to curb Tevez's sense of frustration and he continues to mull over the possibility of hanging up his boots and stepping out of the spotlight.

"I have been playing many games this season, and my body is feeling it. I am tired," the South American superstar said in the News of the World.

"I started to play when I was really young and I have always fought so much but now I'm feeling the effort.

Tolerance
"I'm an old guy now, and I started to think about some stuff. For example, I am less tolerant as a person today than I was a few years ago.

"Then I think - what happens if I quit football as long as I am okay in my life?

"When I talk about quitting, I mean quitting football, not just the national team. But at the moment I still don't know if this is going to be in one month, one year, three or five years.

"I have the idea of quitting in my mind. Maybe one of these days, I will just wake up and say no more football."

Tevez, who has appeared in all seven of City's Premier League fixtures so far this season, added: "My family but also my body are starting to feel the effort.

"I have worked and fought so hard, and I would love to enjoy my football.

"I have been playing in England for five years, and I have not spent a single Christmas nor New Year with my family.

"Let me tell you I am not enjoying the life of a footballer."

Unread 10-10-2010, 03:08 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Default Re: Another day, another Tevez story

Mard arse. Retiring in your 20s :shakehead:

Unread 10-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Shooter McGavin

Doesn't your heart just bleed for poor Carlos The @#%&!

Unread 10-10-2010, 03:10 PM
waynes ear's

@#%&!

Unread 10-10-2010, 03:12 PM
taff

he was saying this back in the summer. it's probably 'cos he's fallen out with mancini again. he is a proper slapped arse

Arnold Muhren

I hope his retirement is a short and unhappy one.

TravellingRed

Not enjoying the life of a footballer? It must be terrible, we just don't realise how hard it must be earning so much money to do something most of us do for pleasure. I'm sure he'd be much happier dragging his arse out of bed everyday at 6am to do a normal job. Poor bastard.

Unread 10-10-2010, 03:21 PM
MagnificentSeven

tbh after seeing how well he's done for the massive club i regret getting rid of him

Unread 10-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Zaitsev

If that's his attitude, we're well rid. #@&%!.

Unread 10-10-2010, 03:42 PM
Time For Heroes

So he moans when he's not getting enough game time at United and now he's playing too much? £#%&!ing mardy @#%&!.

Unread 10-10-2010, 03:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

wonder how his wife and kids are feeliing, the ones he £#%&!ed off for an 18-year-old slag

horrrible little @#%&! of a sub-human ....Fergie Fergie Sign Him Up :cringe:

Unread 10-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Albert Tatlock

It's sad, but he's so stupid he just says whatever his agent says that he should.

This lastest utterance is yet again a poor attempt to engineer a pay rise or a lucrative move, either of which will give his agent another good payday.

Unread 10-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Zorg

Imagine being paid £100k a week to play football for two hours a day, the poor bastard

Unread 10-10-2010, 04:19 PM
HarkNowHear

Christmas every day on your money you daft @#%&!

Unread 10-10-2010, 04:54 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down Re: Another day, another Tevez story

Unhappy when he doesn't play. Unhappy when he does. £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 10-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Cream

one, two, three, AWWWWWWW.

Unread 10-10-2010, 05:30 PM
borsuk

:shakehead:

£#%&!ing shameful was that

Unread 10-10-2010, 05:55 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs down Re: Another day, another Tevez story

Tevez is obviously a bit of an oddball & a whining @#%&! at that...but I wish he was still a Red
Hate seeing him play for City tbh..

Unread 10-10-2010, 06:00 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
YouTube - Fergie - sign him up

:shakehead:

£#%&!ing shameful was that

yep ....especially in Tier 2, embarrasssing

Unread 10-10-2010, 06:02 PM
koppas