United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Barracuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
And yet people are weeping buckets about that Dutch fella.
No tears from me, I never thought he was right for us, injury record or not.

He made it clear he wasn't interested in coming as part of the Ronnie deal, - £#%&! him. He's too much of a diva for my liking.

The whole package it would have taken to land him could be much better spent ... assuming of course we were/are willing to spend it in the first place?

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
No, I was one the first to point out that he apparently has never played 30 league games in a season.

What is it with you top reds who exist in a cloud of smug, self-righteousness..?
Huh? Never said I was a top red, it's the FERIE IS AN EEJIT element I've no time for. He was right not to push the boat out.

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Huh? Never said I was a top red, it's the FERIE IS AN EEJIT element I've no time for. He was right not to push the boat out.
Yeah but he wasn't right to neglect our midfield from 2009 - 2011. Whatever you think, he has to take responsibility for our midfield being shite.

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:16 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Yeah but he wasn't right to neglect our midfield from 2009 - 2011. Whatever you think, he has to take responsibility for our midfield being shite.
Yeah.

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Coracao

At least we'll only have to watch him from Feb - May. If he can get in the team.

Gotta be his last season ffs.

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Sparky***

So that's cleverly and Anderson totally unreliable through injury which leaves our midfield options looking like.....Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick.

Is it may yet?

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So that's cleverly and Anderson totally unreliable through injury which leaves our midfield options looking like.....Giggs, Fletcher, Carrick.

Is it may yet?
cleverley

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
cleverley
Shit, sorry mate.

Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
cleverley
He's been watching too much boxing.

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Shit, sorry mate.
No drames

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:21 PM
Jez Quigley

Default OK

no point crying over spilt milk on who we missed out on - now it's time to sort it out.

As we glance enviously at Spurs midfield, we must think about who will help improve ours now.

I like the concept of a Jack Rodwell but don't know if he's ready right now to improve us - I haven't seen enough of him.

Ditto for Ravvers and Pogba. I desperately want them to come through and do well but I don't want them being over burdened. Remember that in the year Hansen said you don't win anything with kids that e.g. Scholes was 20/21and he was still eased in. Ravvers is 18 I think - we shouldn't ruin him now, we need him for the next 15 years, not 15 weeks.

So, who do we go for......?

£#%&!ed if I know tbh - our top 6 rivals wouldn't sell to us and I'm struggling after that.

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:22 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
It's so strange, because he is the master of the seamless transition of generations of teams. It's why he's proved so successful. Often against the common idea, he's always looking long term. He's done it with the keepers, the defence and the attack, but seems to just ignore the midfield.

Three good young keepers.

Smalling, Twins, Jones, Evans all slowly, seamlessly brought through in the last few years.

Welbeck, Cheech, the experience of Owen all bringing variation and depth alongside Rooney and Berbs in the last two years.

But what stands out like a sore thumb? No CM signings since Anderson and only Gibson phased in to the side.

Very strange indeed.

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
agreed. totally neglectful imo.

no excuses especially given that money has been spent elsewhere.

the midfield is arguably THE most important part of a great side.

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:26 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

meh

Quote:
"It is easy to say you are going to buy players but it is not easy to buy them for Manchester United, especially in January," said Ferguson.

"I do not see anyone who could make us a better team.

"There are two or three players but they are not available, so there is no point even going there."

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:26 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I am starting to feel that doom about our midfield that I had denied before.
£#%&!ing hell

Tibs saying that is like seeing the four horsemen of the apocalypse on the horizon

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:27 PM
borsuk

Thumbs up

i'd be more worried if fergie was saying 'we're looking at one or two things', that's always his cover for doing £#%&! all.

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:27 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
can't wait for the turn of the year for the usual posters to have elevated anderson to the status of the missing piece of our jigsaw. harking back to 3 or 4 games at the beginning of the season and why he will change our fortunes upon his return.
The classic "Anderson and Carrick is our best midfield" usually gets trotted out if they haven't played together for a while

This must be the second or third time Anderson has suffered a long term injury in training. Owen a few days back as well. What does Phelan have them doing ffs.

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Giggs performances are down on the way he finished last season. He has not had that many games, and he is still ridiculously productive in terms of assists but his general play has been patchy. If Carrick gets injured tomorrow Utd will be in trouble.

Fletcher still searching for his best form, Cleverley and Anderson out. I am starting to feel that doom about our midfield that I had denied before.

not so ridiculous now hey pol?

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
The classic "Anderson and Carrick is our best midfield" usually gets trotted out if they haven't played together for a while

This must be the second or third time Anderson has suffered a long term injury in training. Owen a few days back as well. What does Phelan have them doing ffs.
Wearing shorts in winter in Owen's case.

Unread 25-11-2011, 01:29 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher

It isn't:

Playing cute balls inside defenders rather than predictably passing out wide
Shooting from distance
Running at defenders
Making runs from midfield into the box

doom etc
Closed Thread