United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:04 PM
tony tabletop

Default Realistically what do you expect United to win this season?

I know it's early days in the league but with a creaking defence and midfield it will be a tough ask to finish above Chelsea and possibly Arsenal

Champions League - forget it no chance in later stages.

I would like to see us go for the FA cup. Our record over the last 10 years has suffered.

Carling Cup?

Thoughts please.......

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:06 PM
red red robbo

Default Re: Realistically what do you expect United to win this season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
I know it's early days in the league but with a creaking defence and midfield it will be a tough ask to finish above Chelsea and possibly Arsenal

Champions League - forget it no chance in later stages.

I would like to see us go for the FA cup. Our record over the last 10 years has suffered.

Carling Cup?

Thoughts please.......
Agree with this. Think we will win £#%&! all though

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:07 PM
red in cumbria

Arsenal will blow up as usual. £#%&! them

Chelsea are being £#%&!ed over because of their criminally easy start. You would think it had never happened before - but remember when a certain team won their first ten games??

They finished fourth

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:08 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Be interesting to see how chelsea play against a decent team before i comment on the league.
We are 2 points up on last season so i'm feeling optimistic.

Champions League and FA Cup are a lottery, depends on the draw, injuries at the time, team we put out.

Think we will win one at least

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Albert Tatlock

Treble

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:11 PM
armchair

fighting for the league until the death and in the later stages of euro (again) will do me. I think we'll be better than arsenal again but chelsea may run away with it. I'm hoping chelsea will find it a lot tougher in europe than the league.

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:14 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
fighting for the league until the death and in the later stages of euro (again) will do me. I think we'll be better than arsenal again but chelsea may run away with it. I'm hoping chelsea will find it a lot tougher in europe than the league.
I'd go with this, though I think we have a major issue developing at RB and if we lost Scholes or Fletch for any length of time we'd have problems.

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:15 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Arsenal will blow up as usual. £#%&! them

Chelsea are being £#%&!ed over because of their criminally easy start. You would think it had never happened before - but remember when a certain team won their first ten games??

They finished fourth
It is an item of faith among the ABU contingent that the trophy is Chelsea's already. As you say, this isn't exactly unprecedented.

Expect is a funny word, it's not like I'm certain we'll win anything at all, but I expect us to give a decent account of ourselves.

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:16 PM
marlo

well for me i think we will win the league surely.

we've improved on last season apparantly, bought well enough to 'not need' ozil and chelsea havent bought anyone special or played any decent teams so by this logic we should win the league. we

in reality. 3rd at best, 1st round knock out in the ecl and beaten by a mid table prem team in the fa cup by fielding a weakened team that is meant to show our 'strength in depth'

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:16 PM
borsuk

we're correctly amongst the favourites for every competition we enter. no reason why we can't challenge for all of them with a bit of luck on the injuries front.

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

we've improved on last season apparantly, bought well enough to 'not need' ozil and chelsea havent bought anyone special or played any decent teams so by this logic we should win the league. we

in reality. 3rd at best, 1st round knock out in the ecl and beaten by a mid table prem team in the fa cup by fielding a weakened team that is meant to show our 'strength in depth'
"We" obviously being Arsenal.

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Ginners

would love to see us win the cup again, getting sick of fergie disrepecting it. part of it in recent years may have been the shit wembley pitch, but that looks like its sorted now so hopefully we'll give it ago

Baron

Hat-trick of League Cups, the FA Cup would be nice, especially against a half decent side in a good final.

League, will be a couple of points off, same as least season.

Europe, not a prayer - we can't keep the ball well enough in the midfield. Unless.... Carrick returns to form, & we can keep Scholes fresh & Fletcher fit. Big asks though. Added to the fitness of the defence, Rio especially in europe, the passing from the back & organisation is a world apart.

ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

Who is coming 2nd to chelsea marls?

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
"We" obviously being Arsenal.
Zing

Really boring shite from marls, again. You might think his heart isn't really in it anymore

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:22 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'd go with this, though I think we have a major issue developing at RB and if we lost Scholes or Fletch for any length of time we'd have problems.
I've solved right back. Tony Valencia.

Good knows why we had to play our two worst rightbacks at the weekend, at the same time, unfit and woefully out of position most of the time.

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:23 PM
Mr_Ed

Chelsea to run away with it - us to scrap for 2nd with 'le Arse'

Champions League - Last 16

League Cup - no change (we've won it the last 2 times as it is)

FA Cup - depends if Fergie gives it time of day.

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:25 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I've solved right back. Tony Valencia.

Good knows why we had to play our two worst rightbacks at the weekend, at the same time, unfit and woefully out of position most of the time.
It didn't make much sense and particularly given that Fergie's been banging on about our great young players all summer.

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:26 PM
redmike

Second in the league again, champion league quarter finals, Fa cup winners.
League cup out early this time.

Unread 13-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Zing

Really boring shite from marls, again. You might think his heart isn't really in it anymore
Its genuinely a shame for him, at least he used to have people agreeing with him, now everyone just openly mocks him. Is there any way back for him?
Closed Thread