United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:32 PM
Sapien

Default Yaya Toure Accidentally Necks Two Pints

How does that work then?

'Over the last two weeks there has been some confusion as to why I was charged with drink driving, as it is well known that I am a Muslim and do not drink.
I have always refused alcohol. Anyone who knows me or follows football will have seen me refuse champagne for Man of the Match performances because of my commitment to my religion.
The matter has now been resolved in court on Monday. As I was above the permitted limit when tested on the night, I decided not to challenge the charge. However, it was important to me that I told the court that I had not intentionally consumed alcohol. The judge in his sentencing remarks accepted that I had not been intentionally drinking.
Drink driving is a serious crime and even though I was not intentionally consuming alcohol I accept the ban and fine and I would like to apologise for this situation. I would also like to thank my family, the management and staff at Manchester City, my legal team and the fans for the support they have given me during this difficult time.

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:33 PM
dragflick

GTF Yaya you lying @#%&!.

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Whip Hubley

tbf, I do that all the time - oh shit I'm on my third pint, best get a taxi home

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Sizlack

He might of accidently consumed some fermenting fruit tbf to him. It's easily Done..

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Bunker Buster

What was his breath test ?

Two pints my arse

Would hardly if ever put you over, especially the size of him....

Looks like someone has been on the sesh....allah will be fuming.

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
How does that work then?

'Over the last two weeks there has been some confusion as to why I was charged with drink driving, as it is well known that I am a Muslim and do not drink.
I have always refused alcohol. Anyone who knows me or follows football will have seen me refuse champagne for Man of the Match performances because of my commitment to my religion.
The matter has now been resolved in court on Monday. As I was above the permitted limit when tested on the night, I decided not to challenge the charge. However, it was important to me that I told the court that I had not intentionally consumed alcohol. The judge in his sentencing remarks accepted that I had not been intentionally drinking.
Drink driving is a serious crime and even though I was not intentionally consuming alcohol I accept the ban and fine and I would like to apologise for this situation. I would also like to thank my family, the management and staff at Manchester City, my legal team and the fans for the support they have given me during this difficult time.
ah that old chestnut

dunk

Why was he stopped? I've been driving 20 years and can count the number of times I've been stopped on one hand. Given those odds, it's £#%&!ing unlucky to be stopped on the one occasion in your life you've ever drank alcohol

And, had he never, ever, consumed alcohol, he'd know instantly if he drank some, no matter how strong, and if he drank enough to be over the limit, you'd have to think he'd be more than aware he was under the influence.

I call bullshit. Throw him under the jail.

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Why was he stopped? I've been driving 20 years and can count the number of times I've been stopped on one hand. Given those odds, it's £#%&!ing unlucky to be stopped on the one occasion in your life you've ever drank alcohol

And, had he never, ever, consumed alcohol, he'd know instantly if he drank some, no matter how strong, and if he drank enough to be over the limit, you'd have to think he'd be more than aware he was under the influence.

I call bullshit. Throw him under the jail.
New to the police and black men in nice cars?

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
New to the police and black men in nice cars?
Missus is black, her brothers too, all have decent cars, again, can count the number of stoppages on one hand, and that's in Longsight.. Admittedly not the level of car that fat @#%&! would've been driving, but then, I doubt he was in an area in which such things are unexpected. In short, I bet he was driving like a dick, a drunken dick at that.

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:42 PM
suffolkred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
ah that old chestnut

I, genuinely, haven't ever met a Muslim who doesn't drink.

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Missus is black, her brothers too, all have decent cars, again, can count the number of stoppages on one hand, and that's in Longsight.. Admittedly not the level of car that fat @#%&! would've been driving, but then, I doubt he was in an area in which such things are unexpected. In short, I bet he was driving like a dick, a drunken dick at that.
He was 2 times over the drink driving limit.

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:45 PM
dunk

Quote:
I thought he'd only had 2 pints, not 2 times the £#%&!ing limit

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Two pints

Unread 13-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Cream

Quote:

Unread 13-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Surprised he didn't try this defence

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...a-brewery.html

Unread 13-12-2016, 02:01 PM
elephantstone

he allegedly tried to previously claim it was his aftershave and was going to bring in an expert

Unread 13-12-2016, 02:04 PM
irk

money no object and a cast iron story yet he didnt make an application to avoid disqualification by way of special reasons?

Hmmmm

Unread 13-12-2016, 02:07 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
How does that work then?

Unread 13-12-2016, 02:13 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
he allegedly tried to previously claim it was his aftershave and was going to bring in an expert
What's that smell on your breath Mr Yaya... your aftershave you say???.......Ah! Eau da bullshit!

Unread 13-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

why isn't drink driving a sackable offence for a professional footballer?

limit should be zero. tolerance should be zero.
Closed Thread