United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-12-2007, 06:46 AM
utd for ever

Default Spurs want Man Utd's Nani in Berbatov deal

Tottenham are prepared to discuss a swap deal with Manchester United over star striker Dimitar Berbatov.

The Daily Star Sunday says Spurs are willing to discuss with United Berbatov's situation, but only if they're prepared do a deal for Nani coming the other way.

It was Spurs chief Damien Comolli's original interest in the summer that forced United to bring forward plans to sign Nani from Sporting Lisbon.

No way...

Unread 17-12-2007, 06:55 AM
keano's love

All I can say is

Unread 17-12-2007, 07:02 AM
borsuk

by our boozer correspondent, phil space

Unread 17-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
Tottenham are prepared to discuss a swap deal with Manchester United over star striker Dimitar Berbatov.

The Daily Star Sunday says Spurs are willing to discuss with United Berbatov's situation, but only if they're prepared do a deal for Nani coming the other way.

It was Spurs chief Damien Comolli's original interest in the summer that forced United to bring forward plans to sign Nani from Sporting Lisbon.

No way...
They might get Carrick back instead though. No chance United will let go of Nani, he's had one of the best starts every for a new young player unlimited potential.

Unread 17-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Whalefish

Not a chance Utd will let Carrick go anywhere.

I don't think Utd are even interested in Berbatov anymore, player seems to be doing his best to appease Spurs fans with a nice bit of copy every other day.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:18 AM
S/Side.Red

What's going on with Nani at the moment, anyway?

He was left out of the initial squad against Derby but was called in late when Hargreaves pulled out in the warmup, which makes it the last three league games he hasn't even been picked for the bench.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:20 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

He was left out of the initial squad against Derby but was called in late when Hargreaves pulled out in the warmup, which makes it the last three league games he hasn't even been picked for the bench.
Basically he's not quite raedy to be a regular first teamer and our squad is deep enough to give him time to develop.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:21 AM
magic_cantona

£#%&! that, Nani can and will improve.

Berbatov can't.He's at his peak.

Let's leave it at that.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Basically he's not quite raedy to be a regular first teamer and our squad is deep enough to give him time to develop.
I concur. Expect him to feature over the Xmas period a bit. Could see a bit of Park too.

Rock n roll.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Develop by sitting in the stand?

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Fountz

Default More than happy for Nani to be utilised as part of a swap deal..

..for the right striker.

Not convinced Berbatov is that man, even though I rate him.

I have a feeling Tevez's current form won't last and other options will be required.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Not exactly, develop by playing 20-25 games and training with our quality players.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:43 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
I have a feeling Tevez's current form won't last and other options will be required.

He isn't even in form yet.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Was never going to be involved week in week out. Fergie's said as much in the last week or so. Chuck in a few poor performances pre Roma and I suspect Fergie thought it best to take him out the firing line for a bit.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:46 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Was never going to be involved week in week out. Fergie's said as much in the last week or so. Chuck in a few poor performances pre Roma and I suspect Fergie thought it best to take him out the firing line for a bit.
Yep, I think his dodgy effort at Bolton is the main reason he's out the side at the moment. I just would expect games against Fulham and Derby at Old Trafford to be good chances to build his confidence. Perhaps they're trying to do the opposite: bring him back down to earth a little.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
He isn't even in form yet.
Yeah right !

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I think he's a little bit imature as a player, more like an 18 or 19 year old than a 22 year old and he's being treated as such. he's got all the talent to make it though and with giggs form I think it's fine to bring him along slowly.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:

Having a break I think, like Ronnie did in his first 2 seasons.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:50 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
Yeah right !

Doom after yesterday ?

Unbelievable.

Unread 17-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Yep, I think his dodgy effort at Bolton is the main reason he's out the side at the moment. I just would expect games against Fulham and Derby at Old Trafford to be good chances to build his confidence. Perhaps they're trying to do the opposite: bring him back down to earth a little.
We've got four fixtures in next to no time starting with Everton on Sunday. I suspect he will be involved in at least two of them. Home to Brum and perhaps away to Sunderland?
Closed Thread