United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:35 AM
puressence

Default we wont win the champions league while ferguson is still in charge

im sorry but this true .... he is a £#%&!ing clueless mong in europe .

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:35 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
you can't say that about the patron saint of manchester united.

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:36 AM
magic_cantona

'Ferie out', anyone?

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Im not sure thats fair (even though I suspect you're fishing)...

Can you honestly say with even 3 of our first choice back 4 fit Milan would have tonked us like that?

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:44 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Im not sure thats fair (even though I suspect you're fishing)...

Can you honestly say with even 3 of our first choice back 4 fit Milan would have tonked us like that?
No, they wouldn't.

But Ferguson likes to avoid doing the simple things in Europe.And his tactics/team selections, at times, have been woeful.

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Norm

Quote:

Christ, I thought you people were supposed to be jolly.

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:48 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm
'We' are.

'He' isn't.

Hope this helps.You £#%&!ing £#%&!er.

(Joke, just a joke)

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:50 AM
believe

Quote:
wrong forum

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:51 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
wrong forum
Yeah, try the 'breakaway Sanc'.

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:52 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
But Ferguson likes to avoid doing the simple things in Europe.And his tactics/team selections, at times, have been woeful.
I'd agree, in recent seasons we've been poor. But we were poor in the League too. However, you cannot deny the improvements made in Europe last season. At home we were excellent. Our away form obviously needs improving, but we did manage two wins. This after fours years (I think) of not winning a single away game. In the second half at Roma, we were the better side, despite being down to ten men.

Had our first choice back four been available, I'm certain we'd have beaten Milan over the two legs.

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Norm

Quote:
'We' are.

'He' isn't.

Hope this helps.You £#%&!ing £#%&!er.

(Joke, just a joke)
Sorry. Just a shit fat people joke.

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:55 AM
believe

Quote:
that doesn't make any sense.

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:56 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Yeah, try the 'breakaway Sanc'.
Breakaway sanc?

Only Pure would have a sanc devoted purely to Breakaway biscuits.

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:56 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
name me the last great european away game we played brilliant in
ly

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:57 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
That's what I meant.

I'm only slightly chubby.

Unread 04-07-2007, 09:57 AM
The Greatest

Quote:
name me the last great european away game we played brilliant in
name the last one barca, milan or anyone else has. Its AWAY from home in EUROPE. You dont steamroller teams like that you thick @#%&!

We simply didnt have the right fit team coupled with playing scholes ronaldo giggs & rooney away in Milan - no chance!!

have to be more defensive, which is why hes waited and got hargreaves to play with carrick in big away games sitting in front of the defence then scholes ronaldo anderson and rooney attacking.

Giggs hasnt got enough energy away in big games now

Unread 04-07-2007, 10:00 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Greatest
name the last one barca, milan or anyone else has. Its AWAY from home in EUROPE. You dont steamroller teams like that you thick @#%&!

We simply didnt have the right fit team coupled with playing scholes ronaldo giggs & rooney away in Milan - no chance!!

have to be more defensive, which is why hes waited and got hargreaves to play with carrick in big away games sitting in front of the defence then scholes ronaldo anderson and rooney attacking.

Wrong!

It's this thinking that has cost us in Europe for the last 8 years

United only know one way to play, it's when we try to change that and play a more European style (i.e. defensively) that things go wrong.

Attack is the best form of defense.

Unread 04-07-2007, 10:01 AM
The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Wrong!

It's this thinking that has cost us in Europe for the last 8 years

United only know one way to play, it's when we try to change that and play a more European style (i.e. defensively) that things go wrong.

Attack is the best form of defense.
thats the reason we got battered in milan you mong, you cant fly forward and leave carrick. we simply didnt have the players available

Unread 04-07-2007, 10:04 AM
puressence

Quote:
thats the reason we got battered in milan you mong, you cant fly forward and leave carrick. we simply didnt have the players available
thanks for that wonderful insight carlos

Unread 04-07-2007, 10:04 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:

You're right. I do believe we'd have beaten Milan with Rio and Vidic fit - especially at OT. If they were fit for the first leg I think we'd have taken at least a two goal lead to Milan and would've gone through.

However, I do feel that Fergie stifles us sometimes. Benfica at home until they scored? Lille at home and away? A better side would've knocked us out that night at OT.
On the whole, in Europe and the big Premiership games, we are not aggressive and positive enough and don't let the flair players express themselves anywhere near their potential.
Closed Thread